Showing results 1 to 25 of 107
Search took 2.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Leary
Forum: VW air cooled February 9th 14, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Leary
Scirocco 16V struts

> wrote in message
>
> The best thing I can tell you is to look at the strut inserts on both the
> 8v
> and 16v and you will see they...
Forum: VW air cooled December 22nd 13, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Leary
Scirocco 16V struts

There seems to be a bit of confusion about this.

Some are saying the struts, themselves, are different. Others are telling
me the struts are the same but the springs are different. So if you get...
Forum: VW water cooled December 22nd 13, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Leary
'87 Scirocco 16V struts

wrote in message ...
> On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 17:38:16 -0500, "Bill Leary" >
> wrote:
>> Can anyone suggest a place to purchase the struts, not...
Forum: VW water cooled December 22nd 13, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Leary
'87 Scirocco 16V struts

"SnoBrdr" wrote in message
> "Bill Leary" > wrote:
>> Can anyone suggest a place to purchase the struts, not just
>> the...
Forum: VW water cooled December 10th 13, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Leary
'87 Scirocco 16V struts

Can anyone suggest a place to purchase the struts, not just the cartridges,
for a 1987 16V Scirocco?

The strut itself is actually broken.

My garage is coming up empty. Every place he looks either...
Forum: VW air cooled December 3rd 13, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Leary
Scirocco 16V struts

Are the struts, especially the front ones, the same for the 8V vs. the 16V
Scirocco, 1987?

I had some work done on the car a few years ago and the guy doing the work
cautioned that a lot of things...
Forum: VW water cooled October 4th 13, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Leary
This VW Is The Fastest Looking Slow Car Ever

> wrote in message ...
>
> Brazil has always been an alternate reality for VWs, with their
> long-closed
> borders forcing all kinds of interesting...
Forum: VW air cooled July 19th 13, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Leary
what's in the "boot' of a K.G.?

"Shoe-Chuckers" wrote in message
> I went to pick up a floor jack and the young man wheeled in out
> of the store and stood behind my '69...
Forum: VW air cooled June 16th 13, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 38
Posted By Bill Leary
What did you do to your VW today?

"ChrisKlinger" wrote in message ...
> Bill Leary wrote:
>> could comment on what I did to my VW today, but mine's water cooled.
>>
>> My curiosities a
>>
>> How...
Forum: VW air cooled May 23rd 13, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 38
Posted By Bill Leary
Beetle/bug Pickup project

"vwluvrs" wrote in message
> http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/765764.jpg
Forum: VW water cooled May 20th 13, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Leary
Gasoline odor

Update on the gas odor and poor gas mileage with my '87 Scirocco 16V.

I think I mentioned that the car started doing this after not being driven,
or even run, for a few months during the winter. ...
Forum: VW air cooled May 18th 13, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

wrote in message ...
> Bill Leary > wrote:
>>> ...not a classic in any way.
>>
>> ...my 26 year old Scirocco 16V will respectfully disagree with...
Forum: VW air cooled May 17th 13, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"tricky" wrote in message
> On 17/05/13 15:34, Bill Leary wrote:
>> "AllanW" wrote in message
>>> ((..omitted..))
>>> Maybe we need a "What...
Forum: VW air cooled May 17th 13, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"AllanW" wrote in message
> On Friday, 3 May 2013 14:20:52 UTC+12, Bill Berckman wrote:
>> Wow! One post with 19 replies. Nice to see...
Forum: VW water cooled May 13th 13, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Leary
Gasoline odor

"Peter Huebner" wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> Every time I...
Forum: VW water cooled May 12th 13, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Leary
Gasoline odor

"PeterD" wrote in message ...
> On 5/10/2013 5:40 AM, Bill Leary wrote:
>> Oh, well. If I wanted something economical I wouldn't be driving a 26
>> year old...
Forum: VW water cooled May 10th 13, 10:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Leary
Gasoline odor

"Peter Huebner" wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
>> ((..much...
Forum: VW air cooled May 10th 13, 10:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill Leary
6V to 12 conversion q.

wrote in message ...
> Bill Leary > wrote:
>>> ...put an old Bus-axle in it. It wouldn't want to wheelie when
>>> climbing a hill {...} like a...
Forum: VW air cooled May 10th 13, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill Leary
6V to 12 conversion q.

wrote in message ...
>> And, besides, I didn't want to use a swing axle rear
>> suspension for a buggy. Anyway, I never did it.
>
> The trick was to use the swing...
Forum: VW water cooled May 9th 13, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Leary
Gasoline odor

"PeterD" wrote in message ...
> On 5/7/2013 12:16 AM, Bill Leary wrote:
>> Scanned with what? Does my '87 16V Scirocco have a diagnostics
>> connector?
>
> See,...
Forum: VW air cooled May 9th 13, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill Leary
6V to 12 conversion q.

((..not replying to anyone in particular..))

When they are popular, I wanted a dune buggy. And considered converting my
bug into a buggy, but needed it as my daily driver. And, besides, I didn't...
Forum: VW air cooled May 8th 13, 10:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill Leary
6V to 12 conversion q.

wrote in message ...
>> I have to wonder if your bigger problem isn't going to
>> be a 12V generator.
>
> x2 :)
>
> Something I always wanted to do was...
Forum: VW air cooled May 7th 13, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill Leary
6V to 12 conversion q.

"Jorge" wrote in message
> a neighbor with a '60 bug asked me how difficult it is to go 12 volt.
> I thought the starter was the worst of...
Forum: VW water cooled May 7th 13, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Leary
Gasoline odor

"LG" wrote in message ...
> "Bill Leary" wrote in message
>> "Ted Neffer" wrote in message
Forum: VW water cooled May 6th 13, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Leary
Gasoline odor