Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.42 seconds.
Forum: Technology January 4th 18, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Musk electric pickup truck.

On Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 2:24:21 PM UTC+8, dsi1 wrote:

> My understanding is that a lot of the Tesla batteries have capacities limited by the programming software. You have to pay for the...
Forum: Technology April 26th 15, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Automakers.

On Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 3:42:29 AM UTC+8, JR wrote:
> Google,,, Automakers to gearheads: Stop repairing cars

yeah, soon we will have Apple-Foxconn cars. You will pay for software
upgrades...
Forum: Technology April 26th 15, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
load on steering from braking?

I had a tie rod to steering arm ball joint wear out.
It was rattling when braking, not during normal steering. Only when
rapidly flicking though a chicane would you hear a knock.
The mechanic...
Forum: Technology February 20th 15, 10:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
US government destroying cars...

On Friday, February 20, 2015 at 12:20:08 PM UTC+8, bob wrote:
> http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a13356/mini-illegally-imported-crushed-by-us-customs-17542394/
>
> May make the car buff...
Forum: Technology November 21st 14, 10:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
the slow demise of the car

A story on the news last night about declining car sales.
In summary, baby boomers still care about cars, they are the ones that
buy based on how it drives: power, handling et cetera.
But generation...
Forum: Technology September 6th 14, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
future of Dodge Charger?

A while back Dodge said that they would not make a RHD Charger
until the Australian car makers close in 2017, as the cost of developing
the RHD was not worth it for a small market.
Now Fiat have...
Forum: Technology July 19th 14, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
LR Defender in the US of A

On Thursday, July 10, 2014 10:50:06 PM UTC+8, Kevin Bottorff wrote:

> aside from there lousy reliabity record, high repair cost, and very limited
>
> source of parts, and high cost to buy....
Forum: Technology April 22nd 14, 11:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
nitrogen in tyres (makes the truth elastic)

On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:04:01 AM UTC+8, Ashton Crusher wrote:

> Lots of information here
>
> http://www.getnitrogen.org/pdf/Nitrogen%20Tire%20Inflation%20for%20the%20Big%20Rigs.pdf

Forum: Technology April 13th 14, 09:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
Unibody rigidity

On Sunday, April 13, 2014 1:48:51 AM UTC+8, I hate front wheel drive, most torque must go to the rear wrote:
> Are we still in 4 figures Nm/degree-wise or we're long in 5 digit territory?

Forum: Technology April 9th 14, 11:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
NYC Taxi

On Saturday, October 12, 2013 7:00:54 AM UTC+8, Tegger wrote:

> The primary reason Checker stuck around for so long was that many
>
> municipalities (NYC being one) had regulations which...
Forum: Technology February 15th 14, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Why your car is less reliable than it used to be

On Saturday, 15 February 2014 00:56:56 UTC+8, bob wrote:
> http://edn.com/electronics-blogs/engineering-on-wheels/4426866/Why-is-your-car-less-reliable-than-it-used-to-be-
>

> bob

The rich...
Forum: Technology February 10th 14, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Automakers continue to quietly void warranties if you use E 15 gas.

On Monday, 3 February 2014 10:26:36 UTC+8, JR wrote:
> I saw that at www.libertypost.org

How could they tell, unless you had the excess ethanol in the tank when it
came into the workshop? To...
Forum: Technology December 8th 13, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
GM also puts Holden on death row

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/news/2013/12/7/automotive/holden-closure-deal-done-report
Forum: Technology December 2nd 13, 08:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Toyota Hydrogen Cars. (Some other car companies too)

On Sunday, December 1, 2013 4:57:16 AM UTC+8, JR wrote:
> Google,,, nysebigstage.com Toyota brings hydrogen cars to production In 2015, if things go as planned.

In my...
Forum: Technology November 19th 13, 10:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
First time I have heard/read of fuel laundering before.

On Tuesday, 19 November 2013 06:43:50 UTC+8, JR wrote:
> Google,,, thejournal.ie Fuel laundering plant with 10m litre capacity uncovered in rural Waterford ...
Forum: Technology September 14th 13, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
atomic Prius?

Like this:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/archive/news/horvaths-hydrogen-fairlane/story-e6freoro-1111119160884
Forum: Technology August 25th 13, 10:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 105
Posted By [email protected]
fwd **** propagation

On Thursday, 22 August 2013 08:33:15 UTC+8, jim beam wrote:

> imo, the people that complain about fwd don't know how to drive fwd.
>
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND6aoEPLxYU>
>
> do your...
Forum: Technology August 2nd 13, 12:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
FWD cars ruin brick paving?

My wife has a friend who has been doing brick paving for about 20 years.
I asked him why you see so many brick driveways that have spread out
after a few years, was this due to the soil or just...
Forum: Technology July 21st 13, 08:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
New German car battery.

On Sunday, 21 July 2013 04:55:15 UTC+8, dsi1 wrote:

> My understanding is that the batteries in the early days lasted longer.
>
> When you got rid of a car, you'd take the battery out to use in...
Forum: Technology July 20th 13, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 50
Posted By [email protected]
rear engine versus mid engine?

What is the demarcation between rear engine and mid engine cars?
I presume a rear engine is when the center of gravity of the engine
is behind the rear axle.
Forum: Technology July 7th 13, 11:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
what if mesh guard for MAF sensor is missing?

I noticed in two different cars that the airflow sensor was missing
the honeycomb mesh guard that is used to promote laminar flow
across the wires.
What is the effect of this? I presume the mixture...
Forum: Technology June 14th 13, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
when did valve overlap originate?

The first internal combustion engines did not have exhaust
and intake valves open at the same time.
When did it occur to somebody that overlap would improve
performance, and when was this adopted by...
Forum: Technology May 24th 13, 09:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Ford to close Australian factories

They have been losing millions each week, but will not close until
2016 (due to committments arising from government handouts).
The high A$ makes it impossible to compete with a huge range...
Forum: Technology May 2nd 13, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
LED lights on cars. TOO BRIGHT!!!

On Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:27:21 AM UTC+8, jim beam wrote:

> agreed.
>
> the irony of this is that if you buy the led's on their own, they come
>
> with a warning about potential eye health...
Forum: Technology May 2nd 13, 10:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Hennessy Venom GT hype

Getting a few magazine front covers, but how long do the tyres last?
As far as I can tell, it is not AWD. Putting 1200 HP through two
wheels sounds like pushing your luck.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31