Showing results 1 to 25 of 129
Search took 0.31 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Johnson[_2_]
Forum: Driving March 14th 08, 12:56 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc
Replies: 73
Posted By Paul Johnson[_2_]
Illinois bill would allow 14-year-olds to drive

On Mar 12, 11:41 am, "Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr." >
wrote:
> Jerry Kraus wrote:
> > I'm going to tell you a secret. The United States isn't a democracy.
> > It's a plutocracy. ...
Forum: Driving March 14th 08, 12:44 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 73
Posted By Paul Johnson[_2_]
Illinois bill would allow 14-year-olds to drive

On Mar 12, 5:29 am, (Brent P)
wrote:
> In article >, Paul Johnson wrote:
> >On Mar 11, 6:35 pm,...
Forum: Driving March 12th 08, 07:44 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 73
Posted By Paul Johnson[_2_]
Illinois bill would allow 14-year-olds to drive

On Mar 11, 11:37 pm, "
> wrote:

> I'm in full agreement with you. I grew up in a similar situation where
> I was out in the country in Idaho and I...
Forum: Driving March 12th 08, 07:41 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 11, 6:35 pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Mar 10, 5:49 am, "Dave C." > wrote:
>
> >>I think minimum driving age should be no higher...
Forum: Driving March 12th 08, 01:02 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 10, 5:49 am, "Dave C." > wrote:

> I think minimum driving age should be no higher than 15 with parental
> consent. This gives parents a minimum of 2 years to try to teach the...
Forum: Driving March 12th 08, 12:52 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 10, 5:35 am, "Dave C." > wrote:

> You've never heard of just in time delivery then.

You've never driven just in time delivery, or you'd understand that
safety and fuel...
Forum: Driving March 12th 08, 12:49 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 9, 4:47 pm, Arif Khokar > wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
> > You can spend a few minutes here and there throughout the day and
> > drive a little slower,
>
> Driving slower...
Forum: Driving March 9th 08, 11:29 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 9, 3:57 pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:

> Are you kidding? there are whole businesses that specialize in
> expediting letters, packages, even freight. It's to the point where
Forum: Driving March 9th 08, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 20
Posted By Paul Johnson[_2_]
An observation from today's roamings

On Mar 9, 3:18 pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:

> I can't recall ever going to a gas station that didn't require you to
> prepay if you didn't pay at the pump.

They're more common in...
Forum: Driving March 9th 08, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road

On Mar 7, 8:14 am, Steve Sobol > wrote:
> On 2008-03-07, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
>
> > [Sobol's Newsreader Countermeasures engaged.] :)
>
> Ack. Anyone...
Forum: Driving March 9th 08, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road

On Mar 7, 7:03 am, Scott in SoCal > wrote:

> Pay-at-the-pump is a GODSEND. The only time I ever set foot inside a
> gas station convenience store is when the pump fails to...
Forum: Driving March 9th 08, 10:05 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 6, 8:33 pm, MLOM > wrote:
> On Mar 6, 8:08 pm, richard > wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 14:50:13 -0600, "John A. Weeks III"

Forum: Driving March 9th 08, 09:32 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 5, 9:20 pm, Studemania > wrote:

> Did you leave WV or is this a different PJ?

The closest I've been to West Virginia in my life is Lewis, DE.
Forum: Driving March 9th 08, 09:30 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 5, 1:35 pm, (Brent P) wrote:

> And that's the right way IMO. The american prohibitionist tendencies on
> so many things just create problems. (and that includes...
Forum: Driving March 5th 08, 06:52 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 4, 10:28 pm, EAST COAST HIVE MIND > wrote:

> Idaho used to let them have a licence at 14 in the 60's. I'll have to
> look up some of my older Rand MCN atlas tables that had...
Forum: Driving March 5th 08, 06:49 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

On Mar 4, 8:23 pm, Studemania > wrote:

> They used to drive at that age in NY. Maybe they still do.
> During the war (don't ask which war.) my late B-I-L drove farm
> equipment...
Forum: Chrysler January 24th 08, 08:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul Johnson[_2_]
PT Cruiser Rear Wiper

On Jan 23, 2:45 pm, "Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote:
> On Jan 22, 8:53 pm, Paul Johnson > wrote:
>
> > Apparently the AOL set is not just computer illiterate, but also...
Forum: Chrysler January 24th 08, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Johnson[_2_]
E85: Can I use it?

On Jan 23, 1:52 am, who > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> Paul Johnson > wrote:
>
> > I'm a courier...
Forum: Chrysler January 23rd 08, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Johnson[_2_]
E85: Can I use it?

On Jan 22, 7:54 pm, "Road Runner" > wrote:

>carburetor with richer mixture,

I'm wondering if changing out the carb is necessary if it's a manual
choke...isn't the...
Forum: Chrysler January 23rd 08, 08:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Johnson[_2_]
E85: Can I use it?

On Jan 22, 7:52 pm, "Daniel Who Wants to Know"
> wrote:
> "Paul Johnson" > wrote in message

Forum: Chrysler January 23rd 08, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul Johnson[_2_]
PT Cruiser Rear Wiper

On Jan 20, 7:28 am, "Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote:
> Does it only work with intermttent wipes?

Apparently the AOL set is not just computer illiterate, but also can't
understand an...
Forum: Chrysler January 23rd 08, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Johnson[_2_]
E85: Can I use it?

On Jan 20, 4:18 pm, "Ron Seiden" > wrote:
> "Road Runner" > wrote in message
>
> ...> You must also...
Forum: Chrysler January 23rd 08, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Johnson[_2_]
E85: Can I use it?

On Jan 20, 6:10 am, "Road Runner" > wrote:
> You must also factor in that alcohol has less energy than gas and you must
> use more of it to go the same...
Forum: Chrysler January 20th 08, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Johnson[_2_]
E85: Can I use it?

I'm a courier in the Portland area, and my delivery van is a 1977
Dodge Tradesman with a 5.9l 260inČ V8. It's starting to drive me
bat**** with how much cheaper E85 is than E10 (gasoline sales...
Forum: Chrysler November 18th 07, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul Johnson[_2_]
It's Like Magic