Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andy
Forum: VW air cooled February 20th 09, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Andy
'67 VW Crusing Speed

I drove my 63 Bus with 1600SP from DFW to Tuscon, AZ (Jerome Jamboree) and
kept it between 65 and 70 on the highway for pretty much the whole trip. It
was in the upper 90s for the whole trip. No...
Forum: VW air cooled February 20th 09, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Andy
Don't leave a rag or papertowel in engine comp.

And they wonder why people avoid going to the doctor till they're dead.

"John J" > wrote in message
> Jan Andersson...
Forum: VW air cooled February 19th 09, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 33
Posted By Andy
Where Did Everyone Go?

Amen brother.

"Shag" > wrote in message
>I blame it on mario.
Forum: VW air cooled February 18th 09, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 39
Posted By Andy
78 champagne edition bus restoration

Funny but I thought the Champagne Edition Bus was almost chocolate brown on
the bottom unless it was a camper. At least my parent's Bus was. That beast
was awesome in mud (and a bitch to clean up...
Forum: VW air cooled February 18th 09, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 33
Posted By Andy
Where Did Everyone Go?

This is still one of the best sources of info but sometimes, ya gotta wade
through a load of crap to get it. Use your killfile liberally and appreciate
the posts you do get. That's about all I...
Forum: VW air cooled February 18th 09, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 39
Posted By Andy
78 champagne edition bus restoration

Awesome Trooper!
Andy
99 Amigo

> wrote in message
On Feb 17, 7:02 am, "...
Forum: VW air cooled January 24th 09, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 37
Posted By Andy
Congratulations America!

Really? Like what? Was he Governor of Illinois? How about owner of a MLB
team? Sucessfull businessman perhaps? None of the above. Exactly what
legislation did he put forth in the 2 years he was a...
Forum: VW air cooled January 21st 09, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 37
Posted By Andy
Congratulations America!

I could care less what color he is. I do care that he has absolutely zero
experience and this has been largely ignored during the media's lovefest. I
sure hope that he does well and I'm glad that...
Forum: VW air cooled January 11th 09, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Andy
Are These Chrome Wheels Any Good?

You got that right! I had to blast the chrome off of my 52 Ural M72's wheels
and it was a real pain in the rear.
Andy

"P.J.Berg" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled January 11th 09, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Andy
Are These Chrome Wheels Any Good?

Sounds like they've had issues with the chrome already. Unless you're
willing to spend the time to "maintain" them, I'd pass or have them blasted
and powdercoated and not worry about rusting for a...
Forum: VW air cooled December 28th 08, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Andy
Where to place a car bomb in a VW???

Adios mofo.

"Carl Dau" > wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I'm an evil terrorist and I want to blow you...
Forum: VW air cooled December 8th 08, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 21
Posted By Andy
rec.autos.mario....

I haven't seen a single message from Mario in many months ..... except when
you guys bother to reply to his posts. You want him to go away, make him
invisible by killfiling him or filtering your...
Forum: VW air cooled December 7th 08, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Andy
test

That is an awesome trike! Very col!
Andy

"Jerry - OHIO" > wrote in message
> The directions and address were in the...
Forum: VW air cooled November 27th 08, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Andy
The Bondo Bandito Theme Song

It was just a matter of time. Nice.
Andy

"Leopold Stotch" > wrote in message
> For those of you old enough to remember the "Frito...
Forum: VW air cooled November 7th 08, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Andy
WACO Primary Glider

What about this one?
http://www.airventuremuseum.org/collection/aircraft/1Waco%20Primary%20Glider%20replica.asp

or...
Forum: VW air cooled November 4th 08, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Andy
Help?

Hang in there Bob. The advice you give is fantastic.
Andy

"Bob Hoover" > wrote in message

> Hi...
Forum: VW air cooled October 30th 08, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 27
Posted By Andy
What groups have banned or tossed Bondoboy

What a shocker. That silly old evidence keeps popping up.

"Remco" > wrote in message
On Oct 29, 3:35 pm,...
Forum: VW air cooled October 26th 08, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 27
Posted By Andy
What groups have banned or tossed Bondoboy

Just use the block sender function and don't worry about it. I've started
doing it with all of those who repeatedly post Mario-related crap. I have no
doubt that he is every bit as bad as people...
Forum: VW air cooled October 24th 08, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 80
Posted By Andy
All this Mario bull****

Amen.

"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message
> Could you please stop it, it's ridiculous.
> You are killing what's left of...
Forum: VW air cooled October 23rd 08, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Andy
selling price Q

I can understand a nice Thing commanding a premium but most of the ones I've
seen for sale have ben fair at best. My first car was a 74 Thing in 1979.
Had 40k on it and had no reverse. Awesome...
Forum: VW air cooled October 21st 08, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Andy
selling price Q

A tad more than 50,000 Things were sold in the US from 73-74 (plus a
sprinkling of 75s) while there were still more than 100,000 Beetles sold in
1973 alone. Things have remained fairly low priced...
Forum: VW air cooled August 18th 07, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Andy
Tuned cars!!!

Tuned out ......

> wrote in message
> If you like tuned cars, come here, you will fond many interesting
> stuff

Forum: VW air cooled August 3rd 07, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Andy
Type 3 Notchback Question

My first car was nearly a bone stock 68 Notchback. My Dad was afraid that
I'd ruin a "classic" ($850) so I ended up with a 74 Thing instead. Talk
about getting abused. The Thing spent nearly as...
Forum: VW air cooled July 24th 07, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By Andy
engine pull toughness scale 1 to 10

First time about a 7. After that, it goes down pretty quickly. Wanna get
real easy? Get a bus! Rear main seals in North Carolina State Parks are a
breeze .... when you're driving from Texas to...
Forum: VW air cooled July 21st 07, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Andy
One piece cut your own body seals?

They still sell that crap? Oops, I forgot ..... JC Whitney is still around.
I would not wast my time or money on them. Buy quality stuff that will last.
Andy

> wrote in message...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31