Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Martin C
Forum: Auto Photos March 14th 20, 12:00 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 3
Posted By Martin C
Web find - 5999.jpg (1/1) [257K]

Northfield Road, Harborne, in 1962

Courtesy of:-
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/nostalgia/gallery/what-birmingham-like-1960s-10800614

As it is today...
Forum: Auto Photos March 14th 20, 11:49 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin C
Web find - 6000.jpg (1/1) [315K]

Brays Road, Sheldon, in 1961.

Courtesy of this site:-

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/nostalgia/gallery/what-birmingham-like-1960s-10800614

As it is...
Forum: Auto Photos February 19th 20, 09:12 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin C
Web find - 5948.jpg (1/1) [368K]

On 18/02/2020 19:26, Leroy Curtis wrote:
> In article >, Martin C
> > writes
>> Could that be a Porsche 356?
>> Next is an...
Forum: Auto Photos February 18th 20, 03:38 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin C
Web find - 5948.jpg (1/1) [368K]

Could that be a Porsche 356?
Next is an Austin of England A40 Dorset.
Then a Morris 1000 with the bonnet/hood up
With a Austin Healey beyond that.
The next one looks to be an MG TD or TC.

All about...
Forum: Auto Photos August 13th 19, 06:30 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 3
Posted By Martin C
Web find - 5451.jpg (1/1) [268K]

Nice photo Rich.
In the UK we have just celebrated 100 years of trailer/caravan mass
production.
I would be interested if anyone can date this photo' from the type/make
of vehicle.

5th wheelers...
Forum: Auto Photos July 10th 19, 05:58 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 4
Posted By Martin C
Web find - 5357.jpg (1/1) [289K]

On 10/07/2019 11:35, Rich wrote:

Once in a while a photo makes you stop and really look.
The quality, framing and subject matter is absolutely top class.
For definition it is among the best I have...
Forum: Auto Photos December 15th 18, 02:05 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 1
Posted By Martin C
Web find - 4431.jpg (1/1) [219K]

Morris 8, made between 1938 to 1948.
West of England registration, likely to be Bristol.
Probably a late 40's or early 50's photo.
Martin C
Forum: Auto Photos November 25th 18, 06:22 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 3
Posted By Martin C
Web find - 4375.jpg (1/1) [351K]

On 25/11/2018 07:40, dmoorman wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2018, Rich wrote
> (in article >):
>
> Oops. England?

No!
Truck and Auto-mobile (car in UK) are both left hand...
Forum: Auto Photos November 20th 18, 04:52 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 1
Posted By Martin C
Web find - 4378.jpg (1/1) [168K]

On 20/11/2018 12:01, Rich wrote:

UK Winter 1946 - 1947.
Martin C (B4 my time fortunately)
Forum: Auto Photos November 16th 18, 02:39 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 3
Posted By Martin C
Web find - 4360.jpg (1/1) [358K]

Take a look here for the story.

https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-cases/kansas-city-massacre-pretty-boy-floyd

Martin C

On 15/11/2018 21:19, dmoorman wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2018, Rich wrote
Forum: Auto Photos March 2nd 18, 11:36 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin C
Web find - 4112.jpg - - "Auckland - Queen and Victoria streetssouthwards view c.1956.jpg" 497.9 kBytes yEnc

The website photo shows a greater area than the monochrome version.
I have to change my error stating one vehicle was an Austin A30/35 to a
Series 1 Morris Isis, probably mid to late 50's (based on...
Forum: Auto Photos March 2nd 18, 11:29 AM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin C
Web find - 4112.jpg - - "Auckland - Queen and Victoria streetssouthwards view c.1956.jpg" 497.9 kBytes yEnc

The colour photo has superb definition.
I will take a look at the website you mention.
Many thanks.
Martin C
Forum: Auto Photos February 26th 18, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin C
Web find - 4112.jpg (1/1) [360K]

On 26/02/2018 13:31, Martin C wrote:
> Can anyone identify the location of this photo?
> Austin A35 next to camera followed by a Standard Vanguard then a
> Vauxhall Velox with a Humber (Super...
Forum: Auto Photos February 26th 18, 01:31 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin C
Web find - 4112.jpg (1/1) [360K]

Can anyone identify the location of this photo?
Austin A35 next to camera followed by a Standard Vanguard then a
Vauxhall Velox with a Humber (Super Snipe?) in the rear.
All British cars driving on...
Forum: Auto Photos October 19th 17, 01:26 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 1
Posted By Martin C
Web find - 3835.jpg (1/1) [301K]

Still there and still a Drug Store apparently!
/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sNJaLkHDEWNjUGEOxPr_VXw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Martin C
Forum: Auto Photos July 10th 16, 06:41 PM Posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Replies: 1
Posted By Martin C
My son's new ride - 1961-Cadillac-conv-svl.jpg (1/1) [346K]

What a superb example of the car, I am envious. MC
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16