Showing results 1 to 25 of 176
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tony Rickard
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 26th 07, 08:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 22
Posted By Tony Rickard
Where has everyone gone?

Zathras wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 20:26:08 GMT, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> Fuel consumption is a bit sucky though. 28.something mpg even on on
>> motorway at steady...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 25th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 22
Posted By Tony Rickard
Where has everyone gone?

SteveH wrote:

>>> How was the 166, then?
>> Nice. Very good for the job that it was required to do :)
>> Fuel consumption is a bit sucky though. 28.something mpg even on on
>> motorway at steady...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 18th 07, 10:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 50
Posted By Tony Rickard
166 2.5 Questions

Zathras wrote:

>> You can't get an EVO spoiler for the 166. You'd have to be happy with a
>> subtle lip spoiler.
>
> ..must be plenty on eBay that can be used in an emergency like this!
> Self...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 17th 07, 10:40 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 50
Posted By Tony Rickard
166 2.5 Questions

Zathras wrote:

> Hmmm..tricky. I've never met one outside of this group and a true
> 'Alfa enthusiast' may well prefer an older rear wheel drive Alfa.

There are a few who know their Lussos from...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 17th 07, 02:53 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 50
Posted By Tony Rickard
166 2.5 Questions

Zathras wrote:

> I suspect you'll find this irritating but, I had a look in Parkers and
> the only 03 plate price given was for a 2.5 Veloce 1 which was the
> same price as yours but with 20,000...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 17th 07, 10:39 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 50
Posted By Tony Rickard
166 2.5 Questions

Catman wrote:

> Heh. The 156 second hand market seems to be really poor ATM :(

Tell me about it, my 03 V6 156 is up for the same price as a similar
aged 1.4 Fiesta now :(

If you want to take...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 13th 07, 10:55 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony Rickard
Alfisti might be advised to look away...

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=579429

Nice eh? :)
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 9th 07, 06:21 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 0
Posted By Tony Rickard
Q-Tronic box

I find it disappointing that whilst other manufacturers are producing
dual clutch sequential boxes that finally fulfill the potential Alfa
showed us with the innovative but temperamental selespeed...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 9th 07, 06:14 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 43
Posted By Tony Rickard
159 2.4 JTD

Zathras wrote:

>> the 2.0TS was noticeably more fun on the twisty stuff with a weight advantage
>
> Indeed. It's a similar argument for the 2.5V6 as well. There always
> seem to be...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 8th 07, 11:35 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 7
Posted By Tony Rickard
75 front brakes.

SteveH wrote:
> Looks really simple - knock the pins out, prise back pistons, remove
> pads. Stick new pads in, replace pins. Job done.
>
> Surely there's more to it than that?

maybe a useful guide...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 8th 07, 11:01 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 43
Posted By Tony Rickard
159 2.4 JTD

Zathras wrote:

> If you get a chance, try a 2.4JTD. The torque is especially noticeable
> in urban-style driving where the JTD feels, frankly, brutal in
> spirited driving compared to the 2.0 (JTS...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 8th 07, 10:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 43
Posted By Tony Rickard
159 2.4 JTD

SteveH wrote:

>> So why haven't Alfa improved it? I mean, even Jeremy Clarkson (an Alfa
>> lover) moaned about how slow the Brera (IIRC) was. A sad day that was
>> for Alfa lovers..
>
> Combination...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 8th 07, 08:16 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 43
Posted By Tony Rickard
159 2.4 JTD

SteveH wrote:
> Tony Rickard > wrote:
>
>> Yet we are getting into the classic diesel vs petrol argument here which
>> is is very subjective. Diesels for lazy...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 8th 07, 07:33 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 43
Posted By Tony Rickard
159 2.4 JTD

GT wrote:

> You are only quoting the of the performance figures here that support your
> point. In doing so, you are missing the point - Zathras is looking for low
> end torquey power for everyday...
Forum: Simulators June 5th 07, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Tony Rickard
GTR2 Track Graphics and Car Skin Editing?

wrote:
> How difficult is it to modify track signage and car skins in GTR2?
> Can it be done as easily as in rFactor?
>
> BTW, how about adding tracks? Can you add tracks in...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 3rd 07, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 31
Posted By Tony Rickard
156 TS temp woes

Catman wrote:
> Or not
>
> Quick straw poll please (quicker is better)
>
> What speed does your 156 usually run at?

The GTV 2.0TS and 147 2.0 TS never went/go above 90.

The 156 V6 occasionally...
Forum: Alfa Romeo May 29th 07, 09:15 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 6
Posted By Tony Rickard
FS: 2003 156 Veloce 2.5 V6

Oh I have added an engine pic so you modern diesel boys can see what a
real engine looks like :-)

http://www.baldrick.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/156/156.htm

Cheers
Tony
Forum: Simulators May 26th 07, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By Tony Rickard
No CD for NR2003 (my CD split)

AdamUK1986 wrote:
> Cheers
>
> Ive downloaded the following
>
> NASCAR Racing 2003 v1.0 [ENGLISH] No-CD/Fixed EXE
>
> *Play Instructions:*
>
> - Install the game - Full Installation.
Forum: Alfa Romeo May 24th 07, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 11
Posted By Tony Rickard
Impulse weekend buy, please tell me i did ok!

Chris wrote:

> can't sell the 146 yet, got to wait for the dvla forms to transfer a plate
> over which can take up to 6 weeks apparently!

They do quote the worst case though. I guess it depends on...
Forum: Alfa Romeo May 23rd 07, 07:01 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 6
Posted By Tony Rickard
FS: 2003 156 Veloce 2.5 V6

Zathras wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2007 22:11:40 +0100, (SteveH)
> wrote:
>
>> That's a lovely car - probably the best of the 156s - original purity in
>> the looks, but the much...
Forum: Alfa Romeo May 22nd 07, 10:31 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 6
Posted By Tony Rickard
FS: 2003 156 Veloce 2.5 V6

SteveH wrote:
> Tony Rickard > wrote:
>
>> I have finally joined the ranks of Steve H with a Kraut company car!
>> (Audi A3 2.0T Sportback) so the beloved 156...
Forum: Alfa Romeo May 22nd 07, 10:24 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 8
Posted By Tony Rickard
Strange Cooling System Problem

SteveH wrote:
> After a track session at an airfield day on Monday, I was shocked to
> find that my 75 had dumped a load of coolant on the floor under the car.

From your experience at the track day...
Forum: Alfa Romeo May 22nd 07, 10:08 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 6
Posted By Tony Rickard
FS: 2003 156 Veloce 2.5 V6

I have finally joined the ranks of Steve H with a Kraut company car!
(Audi A3 2.0T Sportback) so the beloved 156 V6 has to go up for sale :(

The wife still has the 147 so my Alfa ownership still...
Forum: Simulators May 18th 07, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony Rickard
New GS-3 Pics Up at UltraForce Web Site

wrote:
> Please take a look and let me know what you think of the new GS-3
> design:
>
> http://www.ultraforcesim.com

That looks a massive improvement over the prototype....
Forum: Simulators May 14th 07, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By Tony Rickard
Gran Turismo HD for PS3 vid