Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff Reid
Forum: Simulators February 9th 07, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 11
Posted By Jeff Reid
The Pathology of Liberalism

> They have tried to prevent us from listening in on terrorists' phone calls
Who get's to pick who the terrorists are? Personally, I don't care if they
listen to my calls, although it would take a...
Forum: Simulators February 9th 07, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff Reid
Vista & NR2003/rFactor/GTR2

> 2. Is the beta driver nonsense with nVidia causing any performance issues.

At Tom's Hardware Guide, there's a review of Vista and the video
driver issues. ATI is better with Vista than nVidia...
Forum: Simulators February 3rd 07, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 18
Posted By Jeff Reid
rFactor

> I'm getting back into race sims and heard rFactor was a good one to try.

rFactor by itself isn't that great, but the makers cheated. They counted
on 3rd party developers to make some good car and...
Forum: Simulators January 14th 07, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 24
Posted By Jeff Reid
Logitech G25: is it easily removable?

> The G25 sounds really good, but I would like to know if it's easy to remove the thing from my desktop when not in use.

If I left a wheel clamped onto my desk and my wife wanted to use...
Forum: Simulators January 14th 07, 09:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 24
Posted By Jeff Reid
Logitech G25: is it easily removable?

> Is it like my Logitech Momo, the screw on the bottom and the two clamps
> from the top?

I have a momo racing wheel and pedals, but because of the setup time, I
almost always use twin joysticks,...
Forum: Simulators January 12th 07, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 22
Posted By Jeff Reid
Leading on the last lap

> Say you were in a race and leading the pack by a large margin. Would you QUIT the race with 10 to go just because the
> race isnt going quite as perfectly as you would have hoped?

Bad analogy,...
Forum: Simulators January 4th 07, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 41
Posted By Jeff Reid
getting out of sim auto racing

>> Please explain what a ... toolshed is?

Similar to this?

http://www.allowe.com/Humor/video/Carlton,Shed.wmv
Forum: Simulators January 4th 07, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 41
Posted By Jeff Reid
getting out of sim auto racing

> I go through fazes like this.. and I'm like this at the moment.. I just can't seem to get any enjoyment out of
> siming.... I think its a mood thing..?

Or that the newness of sim-racing has worn...
Forum: Simulators December 21st 06, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeff Reid
how are the aliens so gd fast

>> l mean, I know these guys have been playing a while, but how are they
>> so gd fast?

In some cases, they have become experts at left foot braking and taking
advantage of "weaknesses" in the game,...
Forum: Simulators December 21st 06, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 53
Posted By Jeff Reid
sim racing is dead

> LSI

You later explained you meant ISI. The basis for most of the current sims.
My biggest complaint is the lack of tire noises in the replays. Even
budget arcade racers like Ford Racing 2 have...
Forum: Simulators December 20th 06, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 53
Posted By Jeff Reid
sim racing is dead

> I look at the Team Redline web site and they seem to be always
> waiting for the next best thing to come along.

Forgot to post a link. This group includes some of the fastest
racing sim players....
Forum: Simulators December 20th 06, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 53
Posted By Jeff Reid
sim racing is dead

> > > what percentage of NR2003 players have jobs (... or later added sleep?)

> > Two of my co-workers and I race N2003 every Tuesday and Friday. We're
> > all employed.

My point was that some...
Forum: Simulators December 19th 06, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 53
Posted By Jeff Reid
sim racing is dead

> Personally, the first thing I look for are "correct" auto/world physics. Then it's track modelling and finally AI.

What I'm waiting for is a racing sim that includes post race fist fights.
This...
Forum: Simulators December 19th 06, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeff Reid
ToCA RD3

>> The grip level in RD3 is much higher than reality. Lap times in RD3's
>> DTM cars at Spa are about the same as real Formula 1 cars, the expert
>> console players can do 1:45's, and I can get...
Forum: Simulators December 19th 06, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 53
Posted By Jeff Reid
sim racing is dead

>> The point I was getting at is most of the racing sim community is
>> an older, aging group, and probably spending less time gaming than
>> they used to. We still buy the games, but don't spend as...
Forum: Simulators December 19th 06, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 53
Posted By Jeff Reid
sim racing is dead

> > lot of time spent online ...

> Ok I could say, I see what you meant. that is semi true for any online stuff, is it not?

Well one thing a lot of arcade racing games have going for them
is races...
Forum: Simulators December 19th 06, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeff Reid
ToCA RD3

> (I should make more videos from GTR and GTR2).

One issue with all ISI games is that there is no tire noise
in the replays. I'm not sure why this is. In order to make
nice sounding videos, I have...
Forum: Simulators December 19th 06, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeff Reid
ToCA RD3

>> I just purchased a new video board and received a copy of TRD3 (European
>> version ?) with it. I've been playing it using my CH Virtual Pilot Pro
>> yoke and foot pedals (a MS Flight Simulator...
Forum: Simulators December 19th 06, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 53
Posted By Jeff Reid
sim racing is dead

> The sudden leaps you describe took place before 1999, for me Indy 500 being the first in 1990.

The point I was getting at is most of the racing sim community is
an older, aging group, and probably...
Forum: Simulators December 19th 06, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 53
Posted By Jeff Reid
sim racing is dead

>> but what percentage of NR2003 racers have jobs?

> What do you mean by that?

NR2003 online is very time consuming. On the open servers, each race
takes about 1/2 hour, warmup, qualify, then race....
Forum: Simulators December 19th 06, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 53
Posted By Jeff Reid
sim racing is dead

> It may be dead but at our league XNSRL>COM we have 20 to 30 racers a nite running nascar 2003

This may be cruel, but what percentage of NR2003 racers have jobs?
Forum: Simulators December 19th 06, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Jeff Reid
GTR2 - NFS2 - help

You should probably post this stuff at alt.games.needforspeed

>> I was looking for something like NFS2 (the one that could be controlled with
>> a mouse).......I have a copy, but it won't run on...
Forum: Simulators December 19th 06, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 53
Posted By Jeff Reid
sim racing is dead

I wouldn't say it's dead, but the thrill is long gone. Racing sims
have been around since 1999. I look at the Team Redline web site
and they seem to be always waiting for the next best thing to...
Forum: Simulators December 19th 06, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Jeff Reid
GTR2 - NFS2 - help

> I was looking for something like NFS2 (the one that could be controlled with
> a mouse).......I have a copy, but it won't run on Windows XP (if you know
> how that can be done, please let me know,...
Forum: Simulators December 17th 06, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By Jeff Reid
GTR2 & GTR differences

> Do most people think GTR2 is an improvement on GTR? Major or minor improvement?

The low speed snap oversteer is fixed. I'm not an expert, so I don't
know about the rest of the differences.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 61