Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: C. E. White[_2_]
Forum: Technology June 18th 12, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
[completely OT] Metric On home appliances

"jim beam" > wrote in message
> On 06/18/2012 12:32 AM, AD wrote:
>> On Jun 14, 12:59?pm, > wrote:
>>> On...
Forum: Technology June 15th 12, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
Metric On Cars ?

"jim beam" > wrote in message

>> Hmm just looked at the tools we have for sale.. No 16mm on the shelf.
>> We have 14mm, 15mm, 17mm, 18mm in...
Forum: Technology June 14th 12, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
Metric On Cars ?

"jim beam" > wrote in message

> indeed. but domestic tool manufacturer's don't seem to have figured that
> out yet. for instance, try finding a...
Forum: General May 17th 12, 10:18 PM Posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
Chevrolet SS to be the name of brand's performance sedan, NASCAR entry

Chevrolet SS to be the name of brand's performance sedan, NASCAR entry

The SS name will be used on a rear-wheel drive performance sedan and NASCAR
Sprint Cup entry. A racing prototype is...
Forum: Technology May 15th 12, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
keeping it domestic

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> C. E. White > wrote:
>>
>>I guess Apple is counting on the Chinese buying their...
Forum: Technology May 14th 12, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
keeping it domestic

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message

> Listen to Steve Jobs' comments about why Apple isn't going to be returning
> to US manufacturing any time...
Forum: Technology May 14th 12, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
keeping it domestic

It is not the unions that are the problem in the US. It is the short term
thinking of the exectutives that run many major US compnaies. The way they
see it - why spent billions on new plants and...
Forum: Technology May 3rd 12, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 51
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
Dwell angle, electronic ignition

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
> Hah... no, I've owned exactly one Ford ('93 pickup) in my life, and don't
> think I ever regularly drove...
Forum: Technology May 3rd 12, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message

> True dat... but just my one completely anecdotal data point, the only time
> I've ever been left at the...
Forum: Technology April 27th 12, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
Front Brake Pads After Only 25K ?

"hls" > wrote in message

Forum: Technology April 27th 12, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"Robert11" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Have a 2009 Buick LaCrosse.
>
> Has only 25,000 miles on...
Forum: Technology April 18th 12, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
NHTSA wants Brake-Throttle Override systems added to official Safety Standards

"jim beam" > wrote in message
> On 04/18/2012 03:35 AM, MummyChunk wrote:
>> From AB
>>
> <snip repetition>
>
> hey, ed, you got your online...
Forum: Technology April 18th 12, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
Correct Tire Pressure ?

The "correct" tire pressure according to almost all tire companies and car
companies is the one provided by the vehicle manufacturer, assuming you are
using the OE tire size. If you have changed...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 18th 12, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 17
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
end of mustang??

"Jimbo/m..." > wrote in message
> the mustang ended in 1973 .........

I think in ended in 1970. The 71 - 73 Mustangs were too big,...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 17th 12, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 17
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
end of mustang??

"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message
> On 4/17/2012 10:09, C. E. White wrote:
>> Do you guys remember when it was thought the car...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 17th 12, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 17
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
end of mustang??

Do you guys remember when it was thought the car that became the Probe would
be the "new" Mustang.....

Ed

"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message...
Forum: Driving April 12th 12, 09:26 PM Posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 101
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
U.S. regulators seek brake-throttle override mandate for all light vehicles

"C. E. White" > wrote in message
> U.S. regulators seek brake-throttle override mandate for all light
> vehicles

I suppose the ignition...
Forum: Driving April 12th 12, 09:25 PM Posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 101
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
U.S. regulators seek brake-throttle override mandate for all light vehicles

U.S. regulators seek brake-throttle override mandate for all light vehicles

Christina Rogers

Automotive News -- April 12, 2012 - 12:28 pm ET
UPDATED: 4/12/12 4:09 pm ET

U.S. regulators today...
Forum: Technology April 12th 12, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
Premature Ball Joint Failure

"jim beam" > wrote in message

> completely untrue. chrome oxide is the tenacious and "impermeable" layer
> that protects stainless steel from...
Forum: Technology March 26th 12, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"jim beam" > wrote in message
> but don't replace them unless you have the tools. cheapo coil spring
> compressors are downright dangerous, if...
Forum: Technology March 9th 12, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
CNN Toyota VIdeo

"Tegger" > wrote in message
> bob urz > wrote in
> :

Forum: Ford Mustang February 29th 12, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
2012 Mustang

"D E Willson" > wrote in message
> Consumer reports, which I greatly respect, has chosen the Top Ten Cars
> for the 2012...
Forum: Technology February 28th 12, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
2011 Ford Ford Focus Plastic

"J.B. Wood" > wrote in message
> Hello, all. Would anyone have any idea why that vertical piece of plastic
> inside the car next to the...
Forum: Technology February 28th 12, 02:54 PM Posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
Does V-6 have enough hop for the cops?

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> Police cars have a very limited lifetime, and it's not the engine that
> fails, it's usually the body, and...
Forum: Technology February 27th 12, 10:29 PM Posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By C. E. White[_2_]
Does V-6 have enough hop for the cops?

From Automotive News:

Does V-6 have enough hop for the cops?

COMMENTARY
Rick Kranz is product editor for Automotive News.

Does V-6 have enough hop for the cops?
Six-cylinder vs. Hemi V-8: No...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500