Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark3571
Forum: Chrysler January 24th 07, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By Mark3571
Bleeder plug on 2.5L engine

My 2.5 doesn't have a coolant bleeder, but my 2.7L does. On the 2.7L
the bleeder installed in a plastic water outlet and the bleeder will
turn inside the plastic outlet and create a leak which...
Forum: Chrysler January 23rd 07, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark3571
High RPM Idle after Timing Belt Change

Thanks for the reply Scrapper.

At first I thought it could be the IAC, but I blocked off the whole
throttle body intake including the IAC bypass passage with duct tape
and a aerosol can cap. I...
Forum: Chrysler January 23rd 07, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Mark3571 wrote:
> After changing the timing belt on a 2.5L V6 SOHC engine (1997 Chrysler
> Sebring Convertible) the engine starts but immediately goes to a
> redline fast rpm. I don't know where the...
Forum: Chrysler January 23rd 07, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark3571
Any good News about the 2.7L Chrysler Engine

Has anybody driven a 2.7L engine 200,000 to 150,000 miles without any
major problems?

Do the timing chains wear out? Have you had to replace the water pump?
The timing chains (1 primary and 2...
Forum: Chrysler January 23rd 07, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By Mark3571
2000 Intrepid with sludged 2.7

You are correct about the supply of used 2.7 engines. I live in the
Memphis TN area and about 2 months ago I called the local junk yards.
They charge $1200 to $1400 for any usable 2.7L engine and...
Forum: Chrysler January 20th 07, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark3571
High RPM Idle after Timing Belt Change

After changing the timing belt on a 2.5L V6 SOHC engine (1997 Chrysler
Sebring Convertible) the engine starts but immediately goes to a
redline fast rpm. I don't know where the engine can get the...
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6