Showing results 1 to 25 of 70
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_4_]
Forum: VW water cooled October 20th 08, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Rear caliper piston retractor tool

maybe, depends on the year.

"Tube Audio" > wrote in message
> will this work on a Passat?

Forum: VW water cooled October 20th 08, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
EDR?

don't think that info is public. It's not even in the VW factory manuals.

"Not Currently Available" > wrote in
message...
Forum: VW water cooled October 18th 08, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
EDR?

OK, then he's interested is what the airbag model records when "one" smashes
the car(lol)! Don't think anyone is going to tell you as that info is for
the manufacture. I think it's a good think to...
Forum: VW water cooled October 17th 08, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
EDR?

what is "EDR or MVEDR"

"Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in
message ...
>I know I've asked this before and...
Forum: VW water cooled October 15th 08, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
1990 Golf bumper

"Is this normal." Sure is when you hit hard things!!

"Neil" > wrote in message
> Girlfriend has informed me she clipped a...
Forum: VW water cooled October 13th 08, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Mass Airflow Sensor

also has internal air temperature sensor.

"Ears" > wrote in message
> What is this? What does...
Forum: VW water cooled October 13th 08, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Phaeton and on-board accident computer

as far as I know all VW airbag modules record crash data... such as vehicle
speed for one. What else it records only VW knows for sure.. I'm sure most
all newer cars do the same recording... just...
Forum: VW water cooled October 10th 08, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 20
2006 Jetta center brake light out

Almost all the lighting in the car is controlled by the J519 module which
has the ability to store faults for failures.

"dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled October 4th 08, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
buying advice

It's like a lotto ticket... sometimes you win and sometimes you don't.

"Neil" <neil1(the > wrote in message
>I am looking at buying a 1990...
Forum: VW water cooled September 29th 08, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
AMP connectors

got to be cheaper than running all over town. They are cheaper than GAS!

"nutso fasst" > wrote in message

> "Jim Behning"...
Forum: VW water cooled September 24th 08, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Re-program key after battery change?

NO

"Bert Hyman" > wrote in message
> Looks like I'll have to replace the battery in the key to my 7-year
> old Passat.
>
> Will the...
Forum: VW water cooled September 23rd 08, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 19
what would cause this idle behavior - 84 GTI

they did that when new off the truck!!! NO kidding! Try adjusting the CO%
slightly richer.

> wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled September 23rd 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
2000 vw jetta heat and air control problems

yep sounds broke to me. Does air blow out of the dash vents when fan is
turned on?

"ktictac68" > wrote in message
Forum: VW water cooled September 19th 08, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
having a bad day

breaking news, customer gets his 2006 VW towed to shop because it will not
start! Guess what the problem is considering the engine has less than 1 qt
of oil in the pan! customer admitted he has no...
Forum: VW water cooled September 10th 08, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
1995 VW Jetta III GL

any engine or trans faults? BTW, I'm in the PGH area... who did the trans?

"tombstone" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled September 9th 08, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 31
HC a little higher, and NOx too! '81 Scirocco

start valve could be a culprit. At >$150 for replacement,

I if you want one I should have a brand new one in my parts stock.
Forum: VW water cooled September 9th 08, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
VW GLove Box

and don't put that stupid dampener back on or it will break again!

"HT" > wrote in message
> ....okay, I...
Forum: VW water cooled September 3rd 08, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Noise in back when stopping.Help

that's 12mph...

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" > wrote in message
> Bingo... happens about lymph if my memory is still...
Forum: VW water cooled September 3rd 08, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Noise in back when stopping.Help

Bingo... happens about lymph if my memory is still good.

"Craig" > wrote in message
> You sure its not the wing in the roof...
Forum: VW water cooled September 3rd 08, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
[VW '89 Golf] Upper head flange cracking

are you using an OEM hose? Could be pulling on the neck if not.

> wrote in message
> So I'm having a...
Forum: VW water cooled September 1st 08, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 13
Interference engines

usually, unless the owner is at or near the upper RPM range, then things go
bad real fast!

"> AFAIK If they are 8v, they are not usually an interference
> engine.........unless they are diesel...
Forum: VW water cooled August 31st 08, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 13
Interference engines

my 2 cents, at low RPM the oil pressure is lower and the lifters aren't
pumped up as at higher RPM.

"Bill Leary" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled August 30th 08, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Passat body creak

are they sure it's the body and not the front suspension?

"Geoff Hammond" > wrote in message
> Since new, my...
Forum: VW water cooled August 29th 08, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 31
HC a little higher, and NOx too! '81 Scirocco

Yep, still here.

"TBerk" > wrote in message
On Aug 13, 6:43 pm, "Lost In Space/Woodchuck"...
Forum: VW water cooled August 18th 08, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 13
Golf now runs- oil light flashing

Thanks, for explaining it all. The switch in the head is usually about
..5bar(7psi) and at the flange 1.8bar. An old trick was to install the diesel
1.4bar switch so the oil light wasn't so likely...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 70