Showing results 1 to 25 of 88
Search took 2.98 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: davea
Forum: Honda March 23rd 09, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By davea
thud noise from rear wheel

I'm hearing a thud thud thud noise which sounds like it's coming from
the rear drivers side wheel. It's a 2003 Honda Civic hatchback. Noise
increases in frequency with speed but dissappears as you...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 13th 08, 09:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By davea
06 Mustang V6 Idiot lights

On 13 Aug, 04:26, "Dirk" > wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> *The parking brake light and the traction control lights have been
> illuminating on my Mustang Convertible, so far twice,...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 4th 08, 10:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 10
Posted By davea
Window Problems

On 4 Aug, 10:12, davea > wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm not sure what the door/windows are like on a 93 but a spray of
> silicone lubricant usually clears screeching windows. Try a spray...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 4th 08, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 10
Posted By davea
Window Problems

Hi

I'm not sure what the door/windows are like on a 93 but a spray of
silicone lubricant usually clears screeching windows. Try a spray on
any vetical rubber seals that the window might run along.
Forum: Ford Mustang June 6th 08, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By davea
NoOp Drives a Clutchless Cobra

Pretty good! Take your weekend wil be taken up with fitting a new
clutch? No damage to the gear box then?
Forum: Ford Mustang June 5th 08, 09:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 12
Posted By davea
2005 V6 Cold air intake

On 5 Jun, 09:27, davea > wrote:
> I thought the GT mufflers only came in pairs. Thats good, I'll
> probably go for the single one now.

Should have mentioned, I'm in the UK and...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 5th 08, 09:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 12
Posted By davea
2005 V6 Cold air intake

I thought the GT mufflers only came in pairs. Thats good, I'll
probably go for the single one now.
Forum: Ford Mustang June 4th 08, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 12
Posted By davea
2005 V6 Cold air intake

Thanks guys for the info. I think I would go for the tune now and
spend a bit more. I do like the sound of the ford racing CAI they use
on the shelby GTH. MAC kit looks pretty good as well. I had...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 3rd 08, 10:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 12
Posted By davea
2005 V6 Cold air intake

I'm looking for advice on what's the best cold air intake kit to buy
for my 05 V6 stang. I've been looking at the K&N ones which are
cheaper than the Ford Racing kits. Any brands or models I should...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 29th 08, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 18
Posted By davea
Help keeping cats off my car

Try pepper dust on your driveway. Get it from most home and garden
stores.
Forum: Alfa Romeo January 17th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 5
Posted By davea
Alfa 147 Power Steering

Had this problem on my Alfa 147 52 plate. Got the pipes replaced and
all was well. I did have a dealer warranty on it at the time and the
power steering leaked after owning the car for just over a...
Forum: Honda August 7th 07, 09:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Posted By davea
1998 accord engine shake/vibration

On 7 Aug, 07:41, wrote:
> I don't know much about this but my previous car
> had the similar problem - vibrates during acceleration...
> Strangest thing: I had the tires changed...
Forum: Honda August 7th 07, 09:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By davea
2001 CR-V engine vibration

On 7 Aug, 07:46, wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently noticed my 2001 CRV (new timing belt and drive belts)
> vibrates more than
> usual during the first minute after ignition, especially...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 13th 07, 10:01 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 4
Posted By davea
Parts needed

On 12 Jun, 21:43, "thedaddy432 via CarKB.com" <u12132@uwe> wrote:
> Anyone know of a good place to get parts for alfas. In the Cardiff area would
> br good or anywhere else as long as they can...
Forum: Honda June 11th 07, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By davea
New Japan Civic Type R

On 8 Jun, 15:50, ACAR > wrote:
> On Jun 8, 9:48 am, davea > wrote:
>
> > Has anyone seen and/or driven the new Japanese version Civic Type R.
> > have...
Forum: Honda June 8th 07, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By davea
New Japan Civic Type R

Has anyone seen and/or driven the new Japanese version Civic Type R.
have a look he

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/17052007/45/honda-civic-type-r-0.html

In the UK we have just got a new civic type R...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 8th 07, 11:03 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 43
Posted By davea
159 2.4 JTD

> You are only quoting the of the performance figures here that support your
> point. In doing so, you are missing the point - Zathras is looking for low
> end torquey power for everyday driving, not...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 8th 07, 09:55 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 43
Posted By davea
159 2.4 JTD

> Eh..how do you work that out? Go and look up the official figures..the
> 3.2 has a lower top speed and is slower 0-60 than the Audi.

> Wrong..as already explained. Indeed a bigger petrol (3.2)...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 7th 07, 04:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 43
Posted By davea
159 2.4 JTD

> >Is performance the first thing you consider when buying a diesel?
>
> Yes.

If performance is your thing why not get the 3.2 V6 159. It's faster
than the diesel you can't argue with that.

> >I...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 7th 07, 02:25 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 43
Posted By davea
159 2.4 JTD

On 7 Jun, 10:53, " cupra" > wrote:
> davea wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > round my area diesel is 5-10p
> > per litre dearer than petrol.
>
> Blimey, where do you live?
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 7th 07, 10:12 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 43
Posted By davea
159 2.4 JTD

Is performance the first thing you consider when buying a diesel? I
wouldn't say so. 9 times out of 10 people going for a diesel want
economy first, obviously.

What I meant before is that no matter...
Forum: Alfa Romeo June 6th 07, 02:31 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 43
Posted By davea
159 2.4 JTD

On 5 Jun, 22:25, (SteveH) wrote:
> GT > wrote:
> > Anyone in here got (or driven) the new 2.4 Diesel plant in a 159 yet. 200
> > horses and tree...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 5th 07, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By davea
New 07 Shelby GT500

In the UK you can import a GT500 for £45,000-£50,000 brand new.
Forum: Ford Mustang May 25th 07, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 14
Posted By davea
New Mustang

Saw a 300c the other day and parked my stang next to it, needless to
say the stang was dwarfed. 300c was hanging over the end of the space
and taking up the full width. Stang did look better...
Forum: Alfa Romeo May 15th 07, 12:15 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 7
Posted By davea
147 central locking playing up

I actually know whats involved in coding these keys and thats a
ridiculous price to charge for it. Fair enough for some of the more
expensive key fobs with more functions. Another dealer trying to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 88