Showing results 1 to 25 of 85
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mikepier
Forum: Ford Explorer November 30th 11, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Mikepier
1998 Explorer Ball Joints

On Oct 7, 2:20*pm, Martin > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to do some basic repairs and maintenance (remove interior trip,
> troubleshoot wiring, replace ball joints, etc) on a...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 16th 10, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By Mikepier
Best tires?

On Apr 10, 4:13*pm, "Vic Klein" > wrote:
> Our 2008 Mountaineer Premier needs new tires. The current 235/65R18
> Michelins (not the LTX series) are remarkably worn at just under...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 2nd 10, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By Mikepier
Anyone using General Grabber HTS tires?

My co--worker got them for his 06 Honda Pilot. He says there great.
I have to get tires soon for my 99 XLT. I have 72K on my Michelin
Cross Terrains. Theres still good tread left, but the tires are...
Forum: Ford Explorer February 26th 10, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 9
Posted By Mikepier
Explorer Load Weight Capacity?

I had brought home about 1500 LBS of ceramic tile one day in my 99
XLT, and most of it was put towards the front. I did have to drive the
truck slow, but still manageable.
Forum: Ford Explorer October 29th 08, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Mikepier
OK I'm a dumbazz where is the PCV on the V6 SOHC?

It is in the back. I remember I literally had to climb on top of the
engine to change it.
Forum: Ford Explorer October 15th 08, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Mikepier
what to use to seal differential cover after changing the fluid?

What year Explorer? On my 99, there are drain plugs. Have you looked
to see if there are any?
Forum: Ford Explorer August 21st 08, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 8
Posted By Mikepier
How reliable are the later model Explorers?

Original owner of 99 XLT, SOHC V6, 74,000 miles. Nothing to complain
about.
Forum: Ford Explorer May 13th 08, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Posted By Mikepier
Engine Warmup?

> Another buddy lets it idle for 5 full minutes before moving.

And people wonder why gas is $4 a gallon.
Forum: Ford Explorer April 30th 08, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Mikepier
Insturment panel lights

On Apr 30, 12:22*am, josh > wrote:
> I was deployed for a year and my 97 Explorer wasn’t driven very much
> while I was gone. Now that I’m back the lights behind the insturment
> panel...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 11th 08, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 0
Posted By Mikepier
Does rear axle damper need replacing?

I have a 99 XLT with 69,000 miles. While I was rotating my tires this
past weekend I unbolted one end of the axle damper to see if it was
still good by pushing and pulling it, and it still seemed...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 11th 08, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Mikepier
Weird sounds coming from back wheel..??

On Mar 9, 9:46*am, "McNick" > wrote:
> At slow speeds my drivers back wheel has a really loud tick. I just got new
> tires and it was doing it before that, so its not a rock....
Forum: Ford Explorer March 8th 08, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Mikepier
Dragging parking Brake like noise -2005 Explorer

On Mar 8, 7:24*am, TWRUD > wrote:
> I just replaced the rear disc brakes, rotor and parking brakes in my
> 2005 Ford Explorer. *The rear parking brake is the hat style which the
Forum: Ford Explorer March 4th 08, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Mikepier
Which bulb for instrument panel 99 XLT?

I looked in the owners manual, but could not find the answer. On my A/
C and heat control panel, one of the backlights went out. When I
removed the bulb it looked like a 168 bulb. There were no...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 29th 08, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 11
Posted By Mikepier
70,000 on '03 Mountaineer

On Jan 28, 7:59*am, Daniel David Palmer > wrote:
> Well, our 2003 Mountaineer Premier V8 is approaching 70,000 miles. I
> just spent $1200 for rear brakes/rotors, new springs and...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 23rd 08, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 10
Posted By Mikepier
Front Wheel Bearings

On Jan 23, 10:02*am, Daniel David Palmer > wrote:
> Mikepier wrote:
> > On Jan 23, 9:26 am, Daniel David Palmer > wrote:
> >> I posted before about my '03...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 23rd 08, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 10
Posted By Mikepier
Front Wheel Bearings

On Jan 23, 9:26*am, Daniel David Palmer > wrote:
> I posted before about my '03 Mountaineer being loud. I was able to go on
> a quiet stretch of highway at 60 mph then shift into...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 29th 07, 12:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Mikepier
How can I tell if I have Calif emissions on my 99 XLT?

My 99 XLT is due for a muffler and one quote I was trying to get a
question arose if my truck has California emissions. How can I tell? I
did a few searches for the topic and it seems most of the...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 29th 07, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Mikepier
2000 EB - squeaky front wheel seals

On Dec 28, 9:27*am, Big Shoe > wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 22:20:04 -0700, "Bill" >
> wrote:
>
> >I've had front wheel bearing seals replaced once...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 26th 07, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Mikepier
SOHC V6 vs V8 Reliability

There were some issues with the SOHC when it first came out in 97, but
the bugs have long been cleared out. I have a 99 XLT SOHC, albeit only
67,000 miles, had the tensioner recall done about 6-7...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 15th 07, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Mikepier
problem with crown molding ending at open wall

This is going to be kind of hard to describe so bear with me. I'll try
to post pics later.
I recently renovated my kitchen and I started to install the crown
molding on top of the cabinets(they are...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 21st 07, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By Mikepier
1997 explorer 4 door drivers door

On Nov 19, 7:06 am, Richard > wrote:
> My 1997 Explorer was hit and run on the drivers door, it is a 4 door
> can anyone tell me what year doors will fit? For the record it is
Forum: Ford Explorer November 10th 07, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Mikepier
99 gear shift indicator thumbwheel adjuster not working

On Nov 10, 6:04 am, Mikepier > wrote:
> Last year I had a problem with my shift indicator being off a little.
> I fixed it by turning the thumbwheel adjuster under the...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 10th 07, 11:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Mikepier
99 gear shift indicator thumbwheel adjuster not working

Last year I had a problem with my shift indicator being off a little.
I fixed it by turning the thumbwheel adjuster under the steering
wheel.
Now all of a sudden I notice the same problem, but now...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 10th 07, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Mikepier
Deep Dish Heavy Rubber Winter Mats For Explorer

On Nov 7, 7:57 am, "Daniel David Palmer" >
wrote:
> Where can I get custom fit (not just "they fit if you cut them) heavy duty
> flexible rubber winter mats for my 2003...
Forum: Ford Explorer September 8th 07, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Mikepier
Dealer Recommended Service

On Sep 5, 12:13 pm, Big Shoe > wrote:
> I just got back from having the dealer change oil, rotate tires and
> perform state inspection on my '05 Limited (45,000 miles on...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 85