Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bimmer Owner
Forum: BMW March 28th 13, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 262
Posted By Bimmer Owner
Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motorresistorfailures

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 18:37:20 -0700, jim beam wrote:

> i don't know who you think you're talking to, but i have consistently
> advocated /not/ deconstructing this unit. it's not worth it when cost...
Forum: BMW March 28th 13, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 08:35:09 -0700, jim beam wrote:

>> Bomarc has reverse engineered a lot of automotive...
Forum: BMW March 28th 13, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 15:51:52 -0400, tm wrote:

> In your other pictures, the spring clips just hold the transistors against
> the heat sink.

This implies two transistors (although I only found...
Forum: BMW March 28th 13, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair
Replies: 262
Posted By Bimmer Owner
Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motor resistorfailures

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 15:51:52 -0400, tm wrote:

> Does the red jumper connect to the 40 amp fuse?

The red jumper was a hack added by one user to fix the solder cracks,
I think.
Forum: BMW March 28th 13, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:16:55 -0400, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> Can you chip off enough of the araldite from the cover to be able to
> read the numbers on it?

I will try this morning. (I was away on a...
Forum: BMW March 28th 13, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 18:55:16 -0500, Jamie wrote:

>> Fluke T5-600, SKU: 133038, $109.95
> It only does AC amps..

Good catch!
Forum: BMW March 28th 13, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 19:52:26 -0500, Jamie wrote:

> Most likely thermo stress cracks due to the potting restraint.

Other people have suggested this also.

Some say the potting is what is causing...
Forum: BMW March 28th 13, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 19:16:06 -0500, Jamie wrote:

> I can only assume the linear module at least uses a feed back to
> maintain output voltage, if it is so cheap that it does not even
> do that,...
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair
Replies: 262
Posted By Bimmer Owner
Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motor resistorfailures

> There is only ONE mosfet in the FSU

I'm still trying to figure out if there was only one or two:
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/12516370/img/12516370.jpg
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 19:41:47 +0000, Bimmer Owner wrote:

> Can someone circle the resistors for me? I would think they would be fairly
> decent wattage so they would be very easy to see, but I don't...
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 19:24:08 +0000, Bimmer Owner wrote:

> there will be no way to read the numbers on the two transistors.

I only found 1 transistor.
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:56:21 -0400, tm wrote:

> Any evidence it was checked with a scope?

Yes.

This quote below is verbatim from this location:
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 15:04:51 -0400, tm wrote:

>> Here is the Elmos 10901D chip of my FSU as I cut it open today.
>> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/12515632/img/12515632.jpg
>
> Are those the...
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:46:25 -0400, tm wrote:

>> Here's what the heatsink looks like when I cut into it today:
>> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/12515572/img/12515572.jpg
>>

> Ha, keep...
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:09:11 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

> I think the IC is a dual, high side motor driver IC

It might be, but this Russian site intimates it's a temperature
compensated...
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 09:43:58 -0700, wrote:

> They do have that 16 pin chip there, doing something.
> It might receive the command and then output the appropriate PWM for
> rest...
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:23:08 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

> That heatsink is small.

Here's what the heatsink looks like when I cut into it today:
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 15:30:41 +0000, Bimmer Owner wrote:

> All I know of the HVAC input signal is that it's a 2.0 to 7.8 VDC signal
> from the HVAC controller, presumably to correspond to the various...
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 07:37:09 -0700, wrote:

> One key question in all this is if the interface from car to "resistor
> block" is some kind of simple digital interface, ie it...
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 09:10:56 -0400, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> BUT, if you want to replace the device with a retrofit one, you need to
> know what that mysterious input signal is.

All I know of the HVAC...
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 22:23:22 -0700, jim beam wrote:

>> What does...
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 04:58:48 +0000, Bimmer Owner wrote:

> This seems to only be $107 but it doesn't say whether it works
> with the Fluke 75 or not.
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 262
Posted By Bimmer Owner
Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motor resistorfailures

>> The mesure of the DC voltage on those resistors can be used to
>> evaluate the current of the blower and its worn state.

What does this sentence above mean?

Does it intimate the blower motor is...
Forum: BMW March 26th 13, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 00:39:23 -0400, tm wrote:

> they are two TO-220 cased transistors.
> finding out the part numbers on those transistors will reveal a lot.

I have an FSU in my possession, so I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 58