Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.85 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kevin
Forum: Jeep August 29th 06, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Kevin
serpentine belt ('87 YJ)

All I can tell you is that the brackets may be bent fron an accident.
Back the bolts way out of their seats, especially the one on the back
and the one under the AC compressor pulley. Then just work...
Forum: Jeep August 29th 06, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Kevin
serpentine belt ('87 YJ)

Hey Bennett,
It's me Kevin we have the exact same Jeep. That altenator is held in
by a two piece adjusting bracket (one in front and one in back) so it
is tricky to see what bolts are holding what. ...
Forum: Jeep August 18th 06, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By Kevin
Thermostat Question 160 deg. or 195 deg.?

Thanks for everyone's informative responses. I knew there were some
good reasons not to go to a 160 stat, it just really bugged me that the
smog police would care about that. The only reason I...
Forum: Jeep August 16th 06, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Kevin
Thermostat Question 160 deg. or 195 deg.?

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to using a 160 deg. thermostat
versus a 195 deg. thermostat? I have a lot of knock and ping that I
suspect is due to excessive temps in the combustion chamber...
Forum: Jeep August 12th 06, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By Kevin
no ported vacuum off carb...

Bennet,
I recently rebuilt my carb and am having some similar issues with my
exact same Jeep. I'm using much of your info to troubleshoot some of
my identical problems. I was wondering though what...
Forum: Jeep July 18th 06, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 12
Posted By Kevin
Distributor Vacuum Advance Problem

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far.

Mike, I lubricated the distr. advance plate and it seems to have helped
somewhat. The pot is holding suction so I think it is fine. I have
since been...
Forum: Jeep July 13th 06, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 12
Posted By Kevin
Distributor Vacuum Advance Problem

I have an 87 Wrangler 4.2L I6 258 man. trans with the Carter BBD carb.
I recently replaced the exhaust manifold and replaced both the intake
and exhaust manifold gaskets. I also rebuilt the carb....
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7