Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jim
Forum: Technology August 31st 12, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By jim
brake line rust

Heron wrote:

> "jim" > wrote in message
>
> Heron wrote:
> >
> > Brake Fluid Sediment Caused by Rubber Cups
Forum: Technology March 10th 12, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By jim
Gm to suspend VOLT production

jim beam wrote:

> >> both of which are food...
> >
> > Consuming it causes heart disease...
Forum: Technology March 10th 12, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

jim beam wrote:

> > If it costs more to produce, it would not be significantly cheaper
> > than gasoline.
>
> um, no, the price is the product of tax subsidies. and the fact that
> the consumer...
Forum: Technology March 9th 12, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

jim beam wrote:

> [...]
Forum: Technology November 18th 11, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By jim
(OT?) small engine crankshaft end play

George wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:26:42 -0500, George > wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to revive an old Lawn Boy 2-cycle mower. It runs, but has a
> >ticking sound in the...
Forum: Technology October 16th 11, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By jim
Zerk fitting torque specs?

phaeton wrote:

> Sorry, I know that sounds like a silly question.
>
> I'm rebuilding most of the front end on my truck- all upper ball
> joints, all lower ball joints, outer tie rod ends,...
Forum: Technology September 22nd 11, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By jim
E-15 gas.

jim beam wrote:

> On 09/21/2011 03:04 PM, Kevin Bottorff wrote:
> > > wrote in news:S9mdnYFcMcz1a-
> > :
> >

> >> "J > ...
Forum: Technology September 13th 11, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By jim
Can direct injection engines start without a starter motor?

jim beam wrote:

> > When the engine fires, causing a reversal of spin, that
> > produces a lot more spin in the opposite direction
>
> "then you don't understand what you were looking at"

Keep...
Forum: Technology September 13th 11, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

jim beam wrote:

> [...]
Forum: Technology September 13th 11, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

jim beam wrote:

> [...]
Forum: Technology September 11th 11, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

jim beam wrote:

> > It didn't run backwards. It started by turning backwards about a 1/4-1/2
> > revolution and then reversing and running forward.
>
> uh huh.

Here is a movie of starting...
Forum: Technology September 10th 11, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

jim wrote:

> > and that was to protect
> > against a weak cranker bouncing back off compression, not spontaneously
> > changing direction of spin.
>
> "bouncing back off compression " =...
Forum: Technology September 10th 11, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

jim beam wrote:

> On 09/10/2011 01:27 PM, jim wrote:
> >

> > jim beam wrote:
> >
> >> sure, i believe in the magical flywheel changing its angular momentum
> >> too, because everybody knows...
Forum: Technology September 10th 11, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

jim beam wrote:

> sure, i believe in the magical flywheel changing its angular momentum
> too, because everybody knows how flywheels got their name - they
> inexplicably fly backwards and...
Forum: Technology September 10th 11, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

jim beam wrote:

> On 09/10/2011 08:34 AM, jim wrote:
> >

> > jim beam wrote:
> >>
> >> On 09/09/2011 08:04 PM, hachiroku wrote:
> >> <snip for clarity>

Forum: Technology September 10th 11, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

jim beam wrote:

> On 09/09/2011 08:04 PM, hachiroku wrote:
> <snip for clarity>
>
> > I'd be wondering, however, if
> > it might get the crank going in the wrong direction, hence the need for a
Forum: Technology July 29th 11, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By jim
1953 Dodge M37 military fuel problem?

klem kedidelhopper wrote:

> I thought of vapor lock but I'm just curious though, I've had this
> truck 27 years and never have experienced this problem. I've also run
> it on much hotter days...
Forum: Technology July 29th 11, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

hls wrote:

> I did read the thread, asshole. Try thinking...

You wrote:

" We used aluminum foil, and it CAN help in some cases."

That was bad advice, no matter what you now are trying to turn...
Forum: Technology July 29th 11, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

hls wrote:

> "jim" <"sjedgingN0Sp"@m@mwt,net> wrote in message
> >

> > J R wrote:
> >>
> >> Perhaps it was aluminum foil I was thinking...
Forum: Technology July 29th 11, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

J R wrote:

> Perhaps it was aluminum foil I was thinking of.Borrow a roll of it from
> the kitchen and have at it.

How is that going to help if the problem is the fuel line is absorbing
too much...
Forum: Technology July 21st 11, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By jim
Measure fuel consumption from injector signal?

mike wrote:

> jim wrote:

> >> Drive down the road at 55mph.
> >> Read the fuel flow.
> >> Switch on the magic device.
Forum: Technology July 20th 11, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

mike wrote:

> > What is a flow meter going to tell you?
>
> Drive down the road at 55mph.
> Read the fuel flow.
> Switch on the magic device.
> Read the fuel flow.
> The MPG number is irrelevant. ...
Forum: Technology June 17th 11, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By jim
Senate votes to end $6 billion in ethanol subsidies (73-27)

hls wrote:

> "jim" <"sjedgingN0Sp"@m@mwt,net> wrote in message
> >

> > hls wrote:
> >>
> >> "Kevin Bottorff" > wrote in...
Forum: Technology June 17th 11, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Kevin Bottorff wrote:

> > What should be done is the EPA should
> > test fuel economy with ethanol blended gasoline
> > there are new cars that get better mileage with ethanol blends
> > than...
Forum: Technology June 17th 11, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech