Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 1.53 seconds.
Forum: VW air cooled September 29th 12, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Back in Miami

Jan, sounds like you've done a good job of keeping up with people. I'm terrible at that. I'm guessing shipping your car from Finland would cost a pretty penny. Or euro.

John, I'm very glad to hear...
Forum: VW air cooled September 26th 12, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
Back from the dead

On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:36:44 PM UTC-6, ChrisKlinger wrote:
> wrote:
>

> > Some of you might remember me, John. I had two Bugs and a kit
>
> car. One of
>
> > the...
Forum: VW air cooled May 27th 09, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Memorial Day

On May 26, 3:31*pm, "george taylor" >
wrote:
> We always are giving thanks to those that did serve (as we should always
> do), but we can never forget the families of...
Forum: VW air cooled May 25th 09, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Memorial Day

Tomorrow is Memorial Day here in the United States. It's the day we
set aside to remember those who have served in our armed services. It
is observed on the last Monday of May. Government offices...
Forum: VW air cooled February 21st 09, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Don't leave a rag or papertowel in engine comp.

On Feb 19, 8:45*pm, Jan Andersson >
wrote:
> Also we found a mousenest on top of cylinder #6 cooling fins, inside the

.... I wish I had a cylinder #6 ......
Forum: VW air cooled December 24th 08, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
God Jul/Merry Christmas!

Everybody stay safe. Especially where the weather is frightful!

Max
Forum: VW air cooled November 30th 08, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Speaking of dash switches...

On Nov 29, 5:23*pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> Suddenly, I had need of a proper tool to remove those slotted switch nuts..
> This is what...
Forum: VW air cooled November 21st 08, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Can a stock T-1 Engine Benefit from Swivel Feet?

> Yes, a known procedure made easier by the swivel-feet.

Yup. And I don't do it with stock adjusters specifically because of
the possible faceting that Bob Hoover pointed out.

> I have done this on...
Forum: VW air cooled November 21st 08, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Nov 21, 6:37*am, Jan > wrote:
> wrote:
Forum: VW air cooled November 20th 08, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Can a stock T-1 Engine Benefit from Swivel Feet?

On Nov 20, 1:29*pm, Anthony W > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Can a stock T-1 Engine Benefit from Swivel Feet?
>
> > I was using a set of these:

Forum: VW air cooled November 20th 08, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
OTish: Overkill wheel alignment methods

On Nov 19, 4:21*pm, Olli Lammi
> wrote:
> Joey Tribiani wrote:
>
> > LOL.... Olli... i worked directly with my share of engineers over the
Forum: VW air cooled November 19th 08, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Steering issues - Multiple symptoms - one problem

Tonight I reset the toe.

And using a tape measure is kind of a pain working alone.

So I made a tool to help me measure that using two washers, a screw,
some tape and a...
Forum: VW air cooled November 19th 08, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Nov 18, 6:21*am, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> wrote:
> > This one was kind of fun ... in a terrifying sort of way. *Thought I'd
> > pass it along.

Forum: VW air cooled November 18th 08, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Cooling flaps - sell or trade

On Nov 17, 10:20*pm, " > wrote:
> Couple years back I happened across a set of what I thought were type
> 1 cooling flaps along with a thermostat, spring, and...
Forum: VW air cooled November 18th 08, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Steering issues - Multiple symptoms - one problem

This one was kind of fun ... in a terrifying sort of way. Thought I'd
pass it along.

The car in question is a 1968 type-3. The front brakes are disks.
Rears are drums and adjusted equally. I...
Forum: VW air cooled November 16th 08, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
KP and BJ springs different?

On Nov 16, 2:28*pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> wrote:
> > We are going through a stash of parts from a local fellows barn. We
> > have a bundle of torsion...
Forum: VW air cooled November 16th 08, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
KP and BJ springs different?

We are going through a stash of parts from a local fellows barn. We
have a bundle of torsion bars that are tagged as having come from a 70
type-1. Will these work on a king-pin front end from a 1960...
Forum: VW air cooled November 8th 08, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Type-3 brake question

Thanks Bill

I've snugged them up several times, once a week since I put the new
shoes on. Actually I do that anytime I put on new shoes while they
wear into the drums.

I believe that a brake system...
Forum: VW air cooled November 7th 08, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Type-3 brake question

On Nov 6, 6:31*pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> wrote:
> > I have a 1968 type-3 squareback. I recently put on a set of Blizzacks
> > (excellent snow tires...
Forum: VW air cooled November 7th 08, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Type-3 brake question

I have a 1968 type-3 squareback. I recently put on a set of Blizzacks
(excellent snow tires sold by Bridgestone) for this winter. I have
replaced many suspension parts and had a good 4-wheel...
Forum: VW air cooled November 6th 08, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Shy Posters

On Nov 5, 11:59*pm, Bob Hoover > wrote:
> > Honestly Bob, I'm not any smarter when I post here than when I post on
> > the samba. ;-)
Forum: VW air cooled November 6th 08, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Just back from the Doctor Shop

On Nov 5, 5:38*pm, "Mark Dunning" > wrote:
> "Bob Hoover" > wrote in message

Forum: VW air cooled November 6th 08, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Shy Posters

On Nov 5, 6:38*pm, none <""tricky\"@(none)"> wrote:
> It is a shame that folk dont appreciate the simplicity of nntp :) *it
> kinda suits the old dubs in a way
>
> as for the anon bit ... I am still...
Forum: VW air cooled October 27th 08, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Gene Berg Oil Pump Cover Failure

I'm afraid I can't give you a picture. Both of my pressure relief
covers
are occupied in their respective engines.

As I recall, the ball does not seat directly in the cover. There is...
Forum: VW air cooled July 8th 08, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Bob Hoover

I just read your latest entry Bob. Bad news notwithstanding, I am glad
to see you still aren't pulling any punches.

Max
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27