Showing results 1 to 25 of 121
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: « Paul »[_1_]
Forum: Technology April 8th 07, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
96 chevy lumina transmission problem

Amanda wrote:

> I recently brought my car into a mechanic to fix a problem with the
> steering, thye ended up replacing my power steering pump. The day I
> picked it up it had trouble switching...
Forum: Technology March 21st 07, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
Am I insane?

Nate Nagel wrote:

> I need a pickup. I've narrowed it down to two choices, both Fords.
>
> First candidate: '93 F150, extended cab, 6' bed, 300/automatic.
> Beautiful body. everything seems to...
Forum: Technology December 11th 06, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
more power more power everyone wants more power

wrote:

> lol the easiest 2 ways ive found to increase power cheepest and
> noticable straight away would have to be a high pressure fuel pump no
> limits on how high...
Forum: Technology November 24th 06, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
Charging Voltage Too High?

wrote:

> Just replaced the battery on my '97 Chevy Cavalier. The voltage
> measured with the engine running is about 14.7 volts. Is that too high?
> Is there any way to adjust it?...
Forum: Technology November 21st 06, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
Battery dead a lot- radio drawing 60ma

Lawrence Glickman wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 01:27:50 GMT, "« Paul »" <" « Paul
> > wrote:
>
> >Mike C wrote:
> >>
> >> My battery has been dead quiet a bit in the last 2...
Forum: Technology November 21st 06, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Mike C wrote:

> My battery has been dead quiet a bit in the last 2 months. I did some
> more testing over the weekend. The alternator and battery test as
> fine.
>
> The battery drain is around...
Forum: Technology November 16th 06, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
Battery Corrosion but Not Near Terminals?

jim evans wrote:

> I've never seen this before. My battery has built up a lot of
> corrosion, but under the hold-down. Not on the terminals.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/v5xr9
>
> What would cause a...
Forum: Technology November 15th 06, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
Best SUVs - Consumer Reports

Joe wrote:

> The new Mercedes-Benz GL- and R-Class luxury sport utility vehicles
> outpointed competitors from Volvo, Audi, and Cadillac in tests for the
> November issue of Consumer Reports. The...
Forum: Technology November 11th 06, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
Play in serpentine belt tensioner?

George wrote:

> ('99 Cavalier) The tensioner pulley is a little hard to reach, but I can
> definitely feel some movement when I wiggle it with my fingers. I'm
> thinking this is no way good?
Forum: Technology November 7th 06, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
07 PT Cruiser rented

phaeton wrote:

> «» wrote:
> > phaeton wrote:
> > >
> > > If I might ask, Paul..... why are you renting so many different
> > > cars? If you mentioned this once before, I must've missed it.
Forum: Technology November 7th 06, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
07 PT Cruiser rented

phaeton wrote:

> «» wrote:
> > phaeton wrote:
> > >
> > > If I might ask, Paul..... why are you renting so many different
> > > cars? If you mentioned this once before, I must've missed it.
Forum: Technology November 7th 06, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
07 PT Cruiser rented

phaeton wrote:

> If I might ask, Paul..... why are you renting so many different
> cars? If you mentioned this once before, I must've missed it.
>
> -phaeton

I travel once or twice per...
Forum: Technology November 5th 06, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
07 PT Cruiser rented

Harry Face wrote:

> How does one remove & reverse the headrests? All my cars that had
> headrest ( except 73 Impala ) the seat had to be diassembled to R &R the
> headrest.
>
> On my Bonneville...
Forum: Technology November 5th 06, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
07 PT Cruiser rented

I rented an 07 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2 weeks ago. It only had 562 miles on it.
I put on an additional 1014 miles driving around Dallas-FortWorth-Houston, Texas.
Had about 150 lbs of tools, parts, and...
Forum: General November 4th 06, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
Monroe Sensatrac strut leaking after 30K, seek warantee advice, do I need to replace in pairs

wrote:

> I have a 97 Accord with about 200K miles. I replaced my struts 30K
> miles ago with another set of Monroe Sensatracs (which worked well in
> the past for me). For...
Forum: Honda November 4th 06, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda

wrote:

> I have a 97 Accord with about 200K miles. I replaced my struts 30K
> miles ago with another set of Monroe Sensatracs (which worked well in
> the past for me). For...
Forum: Technology November 4th 06, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda

wrote:

> I have a 97 Accord with about 200K miles. I replaced my struts 30K
> miles ago with another set of Monroe Sensatracs (which worked well in
> the past for me). For...
Forum: Technology November 4th 06, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
How to disable driving capacity of Mercury Sable 1998/99 ? Mom has dementia / Alzheimer's

FJ wrote:

> 'Looking for some advice from those more knowledgeable about cars than
> I. I would like to disable the start up capacity of a Mercury Sable
> 1998/99 without the obvious move of...
Forum: Technology November 3rd 06, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
Best 2007 Luxury SUVs - Consumer Reports

Wells wrote:

> Best 2007 Luxury SUVs, According to Consumer Reports
>
> The new Mercedes-Benz GL- and R-Class luxury sport utility vehicles
> outpointed competitors from Volvo, Audi, and Cadillac...
Forum: Technology November 2nd 06, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
What on earth does "SFI OHV" mean?

SassyEnviroChick wrote:

> My mom has a 2001 Taurus SE with a 3.0L V6 SFI OHV engine. The
> transmission went out and my dad is trying to replace it - calling junk
> yards and the like. But he...
Forum: Technology November 1st 06, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
Car battery saga

Lawrence Glickman wrote:

> I'll try to keep this brief:
>
> Wife comes in the house, says car won't start. I say impossible. I
> go out to car and confirm her observation...not even a click...
Forum: Technology October 29th 06, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
weird noise in the front tire

bmwpurr via CarKB.com wrote:

> I have a weird noise when i go over a bump in my car. I don't think it's the
> shocks becuase it's not a squeek, so much as a rattle. Any idea on what it
> could...
Forum: Technology October 29th 06, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
Saturn Ion rented

2007 Saturn Ion rental car

I rented an 07 Ion a couple of weeks ago. Put on 993 miles driving around
Dallas-Ft. Worth-Houston, Texas, usa.
It was a typical rental Ion with power windows and cd...
Forum: Technology October 29th 06, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
92 buick lesabre

enigmatt wrote:

> I have a 92 buick lesabre,and it seems that after it runs for like a
> half hour to 45 minutes,and has a chance to get warmed up,it wants to
> start missing,or seem like it is...
Forum: Technology October 29th 06, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By « Paul »[_1_]
ingination will not turn off grand am