Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 1.82 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: William R. Walsh
Forum: Chrysler April 16th 10, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By William R. Walsh
300M Check Engine Light

Hi!

> Earlier this evening -- still daylight, so the lights were not on -- I
> had to wait for a train, so I switched off the motor. After a minute or
> so I heard a rapid clicking noise from the...
Forum: Chrysler January 6th 10, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 6
Posted By William R. Walsh
Starter, relay, advice for 1991 LeBaron 3.0V6

Hi!

> Perhaps I just wasted the extra money?

I don't think you did. While anyone can do a bad job of remaking something,
it seems like the store brands have more of those than anything else....
Forum: Chrysler November 23rd 09, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By William R. Walsh
2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager Engine Disaster

Hi!

> Is it possible that coolant was maybe getting into the oil?

I haven't seen any sign of such a thing. The oil in the pan was normal at
first and sludgy further down in the pan without being...
Forum: Chrysler November 23rd 09, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By William R. Walsh
2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager Engine Disaster

Hi!

> that's a lot of sludge.........how long were you going between oil
changes?
> and what oil was being used?

Approximately 3-5,000 miles depending upon how it was being driven.

Mobil 1...
Forum: Chrysler November 23rd 09, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By William R. Walsh
Installing cigar lighter socket.

Hi!

> I would think the owner's manual would say something about it - have
> you checked it?

If it's a 2000 Grand Voyager (or Dodge Ram pickup IIRC), the manual will
tell you to see the dealer to...
Forum: Chrysler November 23rd 09, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By William R. Walsh
2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager Engine Disaster

Hello all...

The vehicle in question is a 2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager, equipped with the
3.3L V6 flex-fuel engine. It has 195,570 or so miles on the odometer. It was
going on down the highway one...
Forum: Chrysler October 2nd 09, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 11
Posted By William R. Walsh
2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3L Engine Timing Chain

Hello all...

Recently, my mother's 2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager van (195,575 or so miles
on the clock) seems to have jumped out of time. It was going down the
highway at the time, probably about...
Forum: Chrysler September 16th 09, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 11
Posted By William R. Walsh
multiple factory service manuals?

Hi!

There are two manuals, each one covering different subjects. The ones I have
for my '84 Reliant cover Electrical and Engine Performance (one book) and
all body stuff is in the other book.

It's...
Forum: Dodge June 3rd 09, 12:07 AM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 3
Posted By William R. Walsh
Starting problem

Hi!

> Is there a fuse?

More likely a fusible link, something that goes "inline" with the battery
lead. They're used on high current circuits.

> Any help greatly appreciated. I would n't have asked...
Forum: Chrysler May 29th 09, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By William R. Walsh
2000 Concorde LXi – Bazaar Electrical Behavior

Hi!

> Could sure use a clue or two here.

Are there loose or corroded connections to the battery, especially the
ground?

I've seen many a vehicle go bonkers when the battery terminals were...
Forum: Chrysler May 28th 09, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 10
Posted By William R. Walsh
99 Chrysler 300M 3.5L - Cranks, will not start

Hi!

> It came on when I floored it to merge back onto the interstate while
coming
> back to Iowa from Oklahoma and has been on ever since.

Interestingly, the '88 Buick turned its light off for...
Forum: Chrysler May 28th 09, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 0
Posted By William R. Walsh
Dropped the tank on the '88 Reliant wagon...

Interesting...and not at all bad to do. Two straps, fasteners, fuel filler
tube (might have managed without it, but it was only a few extra screws to
just pull it) and there I was. I had more trouble...
Forum: Chrysler May 28th 09, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 10
Posted By William R. Walsh
99 Chrysler 300M 3.5L - Cranks, will not start

Hi!

> I guess, as you suggest, I could imagine it (as a
> temporary or limp mode) being able to sync up with no crank signal
> before I could imagine it syncing up with no cam signal.

If GM could...
Forum: Chrysler May 22nd 09, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 8
Posted By William R. Walsh
More fun with the '88 Reliant

Hi!

I don't mean to sound grumpy or ungrateful, but *surely* there are some
people hiding in here who have worked on these cars and know something about
them!

I know there are not a huge number...
Forum: Chrysler May 22nd 09, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 12
Posted By William R. Walsh
Chrysler Marketing Chief Warns That All 3181 Dealers May Face Elimination

Hi!

> Chrysler has a blog?

(assuming you're serious)

Yes, actually, they do:
http://blog.chryslerllc.com/

William
Forum: Chrysler May 22nd 09, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 12
Posted By William R. Walsh
Chrysler Marketing Chief Warns That All 3181 Dealers May Face Elimination

Hi!

> Chrysler Marketing Chief Warns That All 3181 Dealers May Face Elimination

Really? It seems doubtful to me--especially since the idea that's been
projected (and I'd assume it's an honest one)...
Forum: Chrysler May 17th 09, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 6
Posted By William R. Walsh
Value of 1983 Plymouth Reliant

Hi!

> Hi William- I'm in California.

Thanks for replying. That's too bad. Had you been a bit closer, and if you
were thinking of selling it, I'd have been one of the first in line.

I hope it finds...
Forum: Chrysler May 15th 09, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 8
Posted By William R. Walsh
More fun with the '88 Reliant

Oh, I think I'm going to be replacing the fuel pump. I let myself have a few
days to sit and think about it, and come to think of it, after the engine
died for the last time (prior to my saying...
Forum: Chrysler May 15th 09, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 6
Posted By William R. Walsh
Value of 1983 Plymouth Reliant

Hi!

> My mom has a 1983 Plymouth Reliant which has been garaged for several
> years since she stopped driving. I don't think the blue book is too
> high for this car, but it has only 32,000 original...
Forum: Chrysler May 14th 09, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By William R. Walsh
1984 Mitsubishi 2.6 engine/parts market?

Hello all...

Is there any market or value for Mitsubishi 2.6L engine parts or the entire
engine itself?

I have a 1984 Plymouth Reliant with this engine and the feedback type Mikuni
carburetor...
Forum: Chrysler May 14th 09, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 8
Posted By William R. Walsh
More fun with the '88 Reliant

Hi!

> Coils can cause intermittent problems such as this.

Although I hope that I am past the spark problems at this point, I have an
extra, known working coil from my 1984 Reliant that I could use,...
Forum: Chrysler May 14th 09, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 8
Posted By William R. Walsh
More fun with the '88 Reliant

Hi!

Thanks for all your help and information so far. I really do appreciate it.

I think I've gotten past the spark problems. I picked up four Champion
RN12YCs and popped them in. Started the car...
Forum: Chrysler May 13th 09, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 8
Posted By William R. Walsh
More fun with the '88 Reliant

Hi!

> For the little it would cost, I would replace the cap and plugs too.

I did replace the cap, although I forgot to mention that. Whoops. I will
definitely replace the plugs. (I almost did...
Forum: Chrysler May 13th 09, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 8
Posted By William R. Walsh
More fun with the '88 Reliant

Hello all, once again...

The car itself is a 1988 Reliant LE wagon, 2.5L engine with the three speed
automatic. It ran a lot better when I put a good battery in it. The "check
engine" light works,...
Forum: Chrysler May 12th 09, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By William R. Walsh
1988 Plymouth Reliant station wagon fuel pump failure

Perhaps I should have first replaced the battery. The one that came with it
was very bad. Everything electrical was struggling a bit, and the alternator
exhibited very unstable regulation at...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50