Showing results 1 to 25 of 94
Search took 2.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: loewent via CarKB.com
Forum: Honda April 8th 08, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Accord 98 EX V6 Engine & Reverse Noise Mysteries

2000 civic with A/T will not exceed 4500rpm unless in gear.

AZ Nomad wrote:
>>> I did notice something interesting: the engine sputters at 4,500 RPM
>>> and doesn't go beyond that, like 1-1,500...
Forum: Honda April 8th 08, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
1997 Civic Replace Thermostat

>I would not expect new bolts to be necessary.

unless you break them. Then be prepared with a drill, tap and die kit. And
new bolt(s).

Not fun, but the location of the thermostat on that gen of...
Forum: Honda March 13th 08, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
299,931 miles!

probably a moot point, since if your speedo is off by even 0.5%, your mileage
would be much different either way. I was just being silly.

Tegger wrote:
>> Actually Tegger, the correct conversion...
Forum: Honda March 13th 08, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
299,931 miles!

Actually Tegger, the correct conversion for km to miles is 1.609344 km/1 mi.

That means your actually at 299922.82mi.

t :)

Tegger wrote:
>"Charles" > wrote in...
Forum: Honda March 5th 08, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 14
Brake pads

he mentioned its a hybrid, don't the brakes last longer due to regenerative
braking system?

Al G wrote:
>>> Hi all:
>>> I'm anticipating the front brake pads on my 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid will...
Forum: Honda January 20th 08, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 122
Accord coupe - washer fluid container

Canadians also pay 15-20% more for the same vehicle than you lucky basts in
the US... maybe this is Honda's way of saying sorry... HA!

Polfus wrote:
>>> I can see you are an old fashioned guy who...
Forum: Honda January 18th 08, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 122
Accord coupe - washer fluid container

my 2008 civic LX (canadian version) has heated mirrors and a washer jug that
accomodates 4L (just over 1 gallon) no problem.

My 98 civic also takes over a gallon of washer fluid.

Pszemol...
Forum: Honda January 16th 08, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
2006-2008 Honda Civic

so what is the mileage with 10% ethanol?

:

>> Hi guys!
Forum: Honda January 15th 08, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 23
green antifreeze in my 93 civic

honda has used green antifreeze in the past, does not mean its prestone.

AZ Nomad wrote:
>>I've been following the thread on Honda brand antifreeze, and I noticed
>>the comments about Prestone not...
Forum: Honda January 12th 08, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
2002 CRV Hot brake smell

what if that tire is severely cupped? I have the same problem on my 98 civic,
and that rear passenger tire has been making noise (vibration at highway
speed) for quite some time.

I would check your...
Forum: Honda November 26th 07, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 17
diesel on my gas tank

my civic has a drain bolt... most honda's have this.

>today has been my day????
>I had about one to two gallons of fuel left on my tank I pull to the
>pump and start...
Forum: Honda October 27th 07, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
air compressor

you could try and replace it... but I don't think it exists....

nc wrote:
>How hard would it be for a non-experienced person to replace the air
>compressor on his Honda Accord 1995 model? I am...
Forum: Honda October 4th 07, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
97 accord lx - hitachi or tec distributor??

Look at the distributor cap, if it says TEC on it, its TEC, the hitachi
symbol is circular with segments in it, I've never seen one though.

Unless you've changed with non-OEM parts since...
Forum: Honda October 4th 07, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
97 accord lx - hitachi or tec distributor??

Look at the distributor cap, if it says TEC on it, its TEC, the hitachi
symbol is circular with segments in it, I've never seen one though.

Unless you've changed with non-OEM parts since...
Forum: Honda September 24th 07, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 19
95 Accord DX Oil Filter Leak

If the installation of the current filter is what started all of this....
replace it and see if the problem continues.

>Because the current filter was only a week...
Forum: Honda September 24th 07, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Hondas with MAFs instead of MAPs.

98 and 99 civics were having their MAP sensors replaced in droves up here in
Winnipeg about 3-4 years ago... My sister had hers done 3 times. Something
to do with the cold weather (it was...
Forum: Honda September 21st 07, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 15
oil usage in a 2003 Honda Accord EX V6

electric pump??

Dick wrote:
>>I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX V6 with 60k miles on it. I change my
>>oil every 3000 miles and recently it has been using a lot of oil. It
>[quoted text clipped - 8...
Forum: Honda September 17th 07, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 44
Doing my own brakes (97 Accord) - need some advice

I hate guys like this, who think its up to them to make everybody think "just
take it to the shop"

Let me tell you, I've seen more botch brake jobs, timing belts, etc etc come
out of these...
Forum: Honda September 6th 07, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
CRV Check Engine Light On!

they are pretty apparent... on my civic its right above where my left foot
would rest. On other Hondas I have seen it placed more towards the center of
the vehicle.

Curtis wrote:
>Where is the...
Forum: Honda September 6th 07, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Bad Fuse or Hidden Short?

when wiring my GFs old prelude for a stereo, I ended up tying into the cig
lighter for constant power. Did you wire up the deck yourself? Or did some
'professional' do it for...
Forum: Honda September 5th 07, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
CRV Check Engine Light On!

check for loose plug on your O2 sensors. One before the cat and one after.

To reset, pull the fuse marked 'Backup' in the fuse panel under the hood.
But probably better to get the code read......
Forum: Honda September 3rd 07, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
CRV brake lights out-fuse?

probably your bulbs. There are a few of them in there.

They're pretty easy, and if you take it in to the dealership, usually they
just charge you for parts if your doing other work at the same time...
Forum: Honda August 29th 07, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Accord mileage ?

Bro-in-law regularly gets over 900kms (560mi) on a 65L (17ga) tank. When he
fills he only gets about 15 gallons in.

That equals around 37MPG.

2001 accord I4 MT.

Zork wrote:
Forum: Honda August 24th 07, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Sloppy shifter in 5 speed civic. Alot of side to side play when in gear. Bushings? guides?

On the 98 its not a big deal, lots of room to play with. I did it on mine
about 2 years ago.

z wrote:
>> when you disassemble the shifter under your car, just make sure to get all of
>> the old...
Forum: Honda August 23rd 07, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 33
Bulk vs. Bottled oil at places like Jiffy Lube

I find it interesting... Fram filters now have a Honeywell symbol on them.

Funny because so do my Honda filters.

Granted they could be manufactured differently, but in my experience, the
chances of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 94