Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 6.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: gpsman
Forum: Technology June 8th 13, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 103
Posted By gpsman
Chrysler refuses recall request

On Jun 7, 3:09*pm, Alan Baker > wrote:
> *gpsman > wrote:
> > On Jun 7, 2:10*pm, Alan Baker > wrote:
> > > *gpsman...
Forum: Technology June 7th 13, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jun 7, 2:48*pm, "." > wrote:
> "gpsman" > wrote in message

> On Jun 7, 2:10 pm, Alan...
Forum: Technology June 7th 13, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 103
Posted By gpsman
Chrysler refuses recall request

On Jun 7, 2:10*pm, Alan Baker > wrote:
> *gpsman > wrote:
>

> > Just tell us how you reliably predict the path of the approaching
> > motorist; that they...
Forum: Technology June 7th 13, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jun 7, 12:37*pm, Alan Baker > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *gpsman > wrote:
> > On Jun...
Forum: Technology June 7th 13, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jun 6, 9:32*pm, Alan Baker > wrote:
> [...]
Forum: Technology June 6th 13, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jun 6, 2:52*pm, Alan Baker > wrote:
> *gpsman > wrote:
>
> > Are you among those who believe they can dodge out of the way of an
> > impending rear-end...
Forum: Technology June 6th 13, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jun 6, 2:22*pm, Alan Baker > wrote:
> *gpsman > wrote:
>
> > Operating a motor vehicle is dangerous; make and model is, of course,
> > irrelevant.

Forum: Technology June 6th 13, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jun 6, 2:19*pm, Alan Baker > wrote:

> *gpsman > wrote:
>
> > And we all know that "feeling" safe = safe...
>
> What /I/ know is that by far the...
Forum: Technology June 6th 13, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Forum: Technology June 6th 13, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jun 6, 11:43*am, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> On 06/06/2013 10:44 AM, gpsman wrote:
>
> > On Jun 6, 8:19 am, Nate Nagel > wrote:
>
> >> In any case I don't feel...
Forum: Technology June 6th 13, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 103
Posted By gpsman
Chrysler refuses recall request

On Jun 6, 8:19*am, Nate Nagel > wrote:

> I'm not sure what the "defect" is. *Yes a Cherokee's gas tank is between
> the bumper and rear axle as it is on many vehicles. *But I...
Forum: Technology May 23rd 13, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By gpsman
spoked wheels obsoletion

On May 23, 10:36*am, jim beam > wrote:

> based on my experience of bicycle wheels, i'd say fewer than 1% of wheel
> builders have the skill to true a wheel so that it stays true...
Forum: Technology May 17th 13, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By gpsman
More flying car dreams

On May 17, 9:18*am, bob urz > wrote:
> http://www.electronicproducts.com/Electromechanical_Components/Motors...

My favorite line, of many, was "... it is expected that the...
Forum: Technology May 17th 13, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By gpsman
How bad is it, in the grand scheme of things, to install adirectional tire the wrong way?

On May 16, 8:19*pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> On 05/16/2013 08:58 AM, gpsman wrote:
>
> > Still, I don't believe any tire sidewalls can be damaged by "normal"
> > use.
>
> I've seen...
Forum: Technology May 16th 13, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Forum: Technology May 14th 13, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On May 13, 4:14*pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> [...]
Forum: Technology May 13th 13, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On May 13, 11:14*am, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> On 05/13/2013 10:56 AM, gpsman wrote:
> > On May 13, 7:55 am, Nate Nagel > wrote:
>
> >> I "don't want to" risk...
Forum: Technology May 13th 13, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By gpsman
How bad is it, in the grand scheme of things, to install adirectional tire the wrong way?

On May 13, 7:55*am, Nate Nagel > wrote:

> Yup, you understand where I'm coming from it sounds like.

I understand where you're coming from, you bought a rig you can't
afford to...
Forum: Technology May 12th 13, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On May 11, 2:18*pm, jim beam > wrote:
> On 05/11/2013 06:33 AM, gpsman wrote:
>
> > But, how will that affect your trunk organization challenges....?
>
> lol! *i'm surprised he...
Forum: Technology May 11th 13, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On May 10, 3:31*pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:

> My gut
> feeling is that it's still preferable to using the donut, but if anyone
> has any info to the contrary please let me...
Forum: Driving May 3rd 13, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 40
Posted By gpsman
When is a car accident really an "accident"?

On Apr 29, 8:15*pm, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 04:33:23 -0700 (PDT),
> wrote:
>
> >Is there a better term for some cases?
>
> The politically...
Forum: Technology April 19th 13, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By gpsman
unintended consequences

On Apr 18, 8:46*pm, jim beam > wrote:

> a wheelchair was at an intersection crosswalk waiting for the signal to
> go, and a car pulled up on his left waiting to turn right over...
Forum: Technology April 17th 13, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By gpsman
Cats and dogs living together in sin (ford/gm)

On Apr 16, 11:22*pm, Geoff Welsh > wrote:
> gpsman wrote:
>
> > My cousin just bought a 2013 Jeep with a 2-speed transmission,
> > including reverse.
>
> if you are referring to...
Forum: Technology April 16th 13, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Apr 15, 9:18*pm, bob urz > wrote:
> http://www.impomag.com/news/2013/04/gm-ford-collaborate-new-transmiss...
>
> we will be up to 12 speeds before this is all over...

My cousin...
Forum: Driving April 12th 13, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By gpsman
They drive amongst us

On Apr 12, 12:12*am, Harry K > wrote:

> But I was in the 60 zone so he was well _under_ the posted at the
> time. *That is what really made me wonder.

Some motorists ignore traffic...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500