Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Funkie
Forum: VW air cooled September 8th 09, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Funkie
77 FI Bug stalls...

Check your intake manifold rubber boots. If they are cracked, they can
cause air to leak in and throw off your air & fuel mixture. When they warm
up they will leak more air in.

--
DAN MEDINA
"Mel...

Have you tried rebuilding your carburetor?

Also, check your intake manifold rubber boots. If they are cracked, they can
cause air to leak in and throw off your air & fuel mixture.

--
DAN...
Forum: VW air cooled July 23rd 09, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Funkie
Cash for Clunkers

The car you turn in must be 1982 or newer and the gas mileage must be below
18mpg. It must have been registered, insured, and supposedly your daily
driver for 3 full years prior to the purchase....
Forum: VW air cooled July 16th 09, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Funkie
Fuel Tank "air bladder"

I posted this question to alt.autos.porsche
We'll see.

I doubt I will get an answer since most of the porsche newsgroups are dead
and full of trust fund babies wanting advice on buying **** they...
Forum: VW air cooled July 15th 09, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Funkie
Fuel Tank "air bladder"

Its some sort of rubber diaphram attached to the inside ceiling of the
stock metal fuel tank with a line running to it from the outside of
the tank. The line is either feeding vapor or plain old air...
Forum: VW air cooled July 15th 09, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Funkie
Fuel Tank "air bladder"

I have a question that may not be VW air-cooled specific but I know some of you guys here might know about.

I am working on a Porsche 924 and today I sealed the fuel tank with POR Fuel Tank sealer....
Forum: VW air cooled July 13th 09, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Funkie
Final Notice - AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

I had the same problem.
- Check out: news.eternal-september.org
register at www.eternal-september.org first

--
DAN MEDINA
"Eddie" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled July 13th 09, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Funkie
what goes 1-14-9-4-7-12-15-6-13-8-3-16-11-2-5-10

Looks like the Veyron's engine.

--
DAN MEDINA
"John Stafford" > wrote in message
Forum: VW air cooled June 30th 09, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 37
Posted By Funkie
Ramva is alive again!

samba is great for the classifieds

--
DAN MEDINA
"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> "Jan Andersson" >...
Forum: VW air cooled June 30th 09, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Funkie
test

Haha. Thanks

Motzarella.org switched server names. They are now eternal-september.org
I wasn't getting any news for awhile.

--
DAN MEDINA
"Funkie" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled April 25th 09, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Funkie
hello

Long time no see. I am here but lurking most of the time.

> wrote in message
> Just to let you all...
Forum: VW air cooled April 23rd 09, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Funkie
Leaking valve cover gasket q.

Don't know the history here but just in case, use original valve covers and
not the empi aftermarket aluminum ones despite how good they look. The oem
steel covers seem to seal the best. I had this...
Forum: VW air cooled February 25th 09, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 33
Posted By Funkie
Where Did Everyone Go?

I know. Even 7 or 5 years ago it was still really hopping. I wonder whether
if the ISP not offering Usenet access is the culprit or if the air-cooled
hobby dropped off that much?

--
DAN...
Forum: VW air cooled February 20th 09, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Congratulations on the new job. Sounds like fun work and you get to do it in
the sunshine state which is even better. Eventually I'll graduate to a 912
or 911. I figured I would start out with...
Forum: VW air cooled February 20th 09, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 33
Posted By Funkie
Where Did Everyone Go?

I still have and support "ramva.org". That's a bit of promotion.

Occasionally I get asked how to connect to this newsgroup. I reply and do
what I can to support the community.

--
DAN...
Forum: VW air cooled February 20th 09, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

I'm working on a Porsche 924 right now, but I still read the group. You're
right its been slower and slower each month.

-- Funkie

> wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled October 25th 08, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 80
Posted By Funkie
All this Mario bull****

Thanks Jan.
I agree. I have kind of checked out and partly because of things like this.

--
DAN MEDINA
"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled October 5th 08, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Funkie
Losing Newsgroup Access

Thanks.
I am using it now.

--
DAN MEDINA
"NotMe" > wrote in message

> news.motzarella.org need to register but it's free. very...
Forum: VW air cooled October 5th 08, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Funkie
Losing Newsgroup Access

I am with comcast. Years ago they outsourced usenet access and used
giganews. Now they are dropping that too. They said you are welcome to
continue using giganews but I would have to pay. Their...
Forum: VW air cooled October 4th 08, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Funkie
Losing Newsgroup Access

What do you guys use, preferably free? Comcast is getting rid of giganews service. They are basically saying it is outdated and not worth providing the service.

--
Funkie Dan Medina
Forum: VW air cooled December 21st 07, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Threaten to tell your local VW club about not working with them if they do
not honor the prior price. If they don't, tell everyone and don't ever use
them.

--
DAN MEDINA
"A Veteran"...

I have bought parts from Mario. He is fair and delivers on his word when it
comes to selling parts. There are stories and personal testimonials on RAMVA
about him peforming work and paying...
Forum: VW air cooled September 29th 07, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 19
Posted By Funkie
73 super beetle rough start and smoke

Make sure your ignition cables are connected in the proper order. I have had
similar results by having some in the wrong places.

--
DANIEL MEDINA
> wrote in...
Forum: VW air cooled July 6th 07, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Funkie
How can I tell my Carburetor type?

SOLEX Carburetors (most common) are stamped underneath the name on the
reservoir.
It will say something like 34PIC3 or 30/34, etc.
When facing the engine, go face the left side of the carb and look...
Forum: VW air cooled July 6th 07, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Funkie
'74 BEETLE 113 MODEL

Learn to adjust your own valves. Its a regular maintenance item. Get John
Muir's Book and maybe the Haynes or Bentley manuals.

Good luck. Everything you fix on these cars is easy to do after the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36