Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: j
Forum: Technology July 11th 08, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By j
How to modify a radiator fan?

Thanks very much for that information. You guys in this newsgroup have
helped me several times over the years and I appreciate it. Based on what
you said, it appears that the fan motor always has...
Forum: Technology July 10th 08, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By j
How to modify a radiator fan?

I forgot to mention that it is a 94 Chevy Corsica with a 6 cylinder engine.

"j" > wrote in message
> What is an easy...
Forum: Technology July 10th 08, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By j
How to modify a radiator fan?

What is an easy procedure to make the electric radiator fan run constantly
when the ignition key is on? Thank you.
Forum: Technology July 9th 08, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By j
OK to do this?

The electric radiator fan quit working on my 94 Chevy Corsica 6 cylinder. In
order to test the fan I thought I should unplug the 2-wire plug from the
sensor that is screwed into the block and...
Forum: Technology November 25th 07, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By j
Mechanics and carbuffs

Thought I'd post this link to a couple-hundred mostly old and hard-to-find
automobile songs that motorheads and car buffs in this newsgroup can
download. It's not my website, just found it while...
Forum: Technology November 13th 07, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By j
What is the purpose of a bypass hose?

No, I'm talking about the housing that covers the thermostat .
"Tegger" > wrote in message
> "j" > wrote in
Forum: Technology November 13th 07, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By j
What is the purpose of a bypass hose?

On a 94 Beretta with a 6 cylinder engine there is a radiator bypass hose
going from the water outlet to the coolant reservoir that runs hot coolant
into the reservoir. Will someone please tell me why...
Forum: Technology October 14th 07, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By j
Radiator fan comes on too soon.

Does anyone know what would cause the electric radiator fan to come on
within a minute or so of starting a cold engine and staying on the entire
time the car is being driven? Sometimes it only takes...
Forum: Technology September 18th 07, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By j
Where can I buy an OBDII plug?

Thanks

"Tegger" > wrote in message
> "j" > wrote in
> :

Forum: Technology September 18th 07, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By j
Where can I buy an OBDII plug?

I found some software to put in a laptop computer to use the laptop as a
scantool and PCM programmer. Does anyone in this newsgroup have a cable for
sale that goes from the laptop serial port to the...
Forum: Technology July 28th 07, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By j
Power steering question

I have a 1994 Chevy Corsica with a 6 cylinder engine. The high pressure
power steering hose sprang a leak and was shooting fluid out. I doscovered
that it was a pinhole so I placed a piece of thick...
Forum: Technology March 24th 07, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By j
Alternator question

This refers to a 1994 Chevy Corsica with a 6 cylinder engine.

Is it possible for the car's computer to send a signal to the alternator
telling it to increase the voltage output? Does the alternator...
Forum: Technology March 21st 07, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By j
16 volts instead of 12 a problem?

I have a 1994 Chevy Corsica with a 6 cylinder engine. In recent days a red
light that is shaped like a battery on the instrument panel has began coming
off and on intermittently. It comes on for a...
Forum: Technology January 29th 07, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By j
PCV valve question

I replace my PCV valve once a year whether it needs it or not. The last
changeout was around 6 months ago. Today I pulled the PCV valve out of the
hole that it plugs into in the valve cover and the...
Forum: Technology January 26th 07, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By j
Radiator flush

Make sure that you use liquid Cascade, not the powder Cascade. The powder
can clump up if not dissolved quickly enough. I use liquid Cascade and it
has always worked well for cleaning the radiator...
Forum: Technology January 21st 07, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By j
Question for diesel mechanics

A friend of mine drives a Freightliner bus with a Caterpillar engine. The
bus is electronically governed to go a maximum speed of 67 miles per hour
and his company's mechanic won't change it to 70....
Forum: Technology December 27th 06, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By j
Anyone have a Saturn taillight lens for sale?

Do any of you mechanics have a used taillight assembly for a 2000 Saturn
station wagon for sale? If so please advise.
Forum: Technology December 27th 06, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By j
Can the EGR valve keep the engine from warming up?

My engine won't warm up beyond lukewarm. A mechanic said the EGR valve is
bad and is probably causing the problem. Can this be true?

I did have the EGR valve checked and it is bad as two of the...
Forum: Technology October 2nd 06, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By j
Can a water pump be intermittent?

I would like to know if a water pump on a car can be intermittent.

I have been having trouble with my heat and have changed the thermostat 3
times in the past few days. I noticed that if I squeeze...
Forum: Technology September 29th 06, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By j
Speedometer question

What would make a speedometer go from 0 to 5 mph when I rev my engine up a
little bit while idling in park, and then fall back to 0 when I let off the
accelerator? At around the same time this...
Forum: Technology September 26th 06, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By j
Engine won't warm up

The thermostats that I have installed while trying to solve this problem are
the type that have a built-in rubber gasket around them. I'll try a
thermostat that requires a separate gasket and see...
Forum: Technology September 24th 06, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By j
Engine won't warm up

This sounds strange, but my car's engine won't heat up. I bought the car new
in 1994 and this problem started a couple years ago. It is a 1994 Corsica
with a 6-cylinder.

A couple winters ago the...
Forum: Technology September 6th 06, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By j
Autozone- illegal bait & switch advertising?

I went to the Autozone website and found a power steering pressure hose for
a 1977 Ford F-250 with a 351 engine for $16.99. When I went to the store to
purchase it, they had a different brand in...
Forum: Technology September 4th 06, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By j
Question about power steering hose

My 1978 Ford pickup has a power steering hose that is made of aluminum with
a short length of rubber hose between the aluminum parts. The aluminum part
that screws onto the power steering pump has a...
Forum: Technology August 23rd 06, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By j
Can an EGR valve affect the heater?

The heater on my 1994 Corsica with V-6 engine has not put out more than
lukewarm heat for the past couple years in the winter. I have kept the car
in immaculate condition including keeping the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29