Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.58 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tom D
Forum: BMW April 10th 10, 11:18 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 1
Posted By Tom D
Z3 cold start issue update

A few months ago I posted a message about a cold starting problem that I was
having with my '97 Z3. When it was cold, the car would start but then the
idle would drop. The car would stall if I...
Forum: BMW December 7th 09, 05:12 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom D
cold start issue with Z3

"tom_k" > wrote in message
> My '99 328i has done this for years. Whenever the temp is below 45oF, the
> idle becomes...
Forum: BMW December 7th 09, 05:10 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom D
cold start issue with Z3

"frischmoutt" > wrote in message
> I don't know if this will help but what I can say is that everytime I
> leave
> my Z3 coupé 3 l...
Forum: BMW December 7th 09, 05:08 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom D
cold start issue with Z3

"RJD" > wrote in message
> Hi Tom:
>
> Your problem sounds like the well known VANOS seal failure problem
> typical of the...
Forum: BMW December 7th 09, 05:06 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom D
cold start issue with Z3

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> The idle control valve is certainly the first thing I would worry about.
> Clean the thing with a can of...
Forum: BMW December 5th 09, 05:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom D
cold start issue with Z3

Hi all. I have a '97 Z3 with the 2.8 I6. The car has about 131k miles on
it. Ever since colder weather has moved into my area (30s, 40s F), I've had
a problem when starting the car. It starts...
Forum: Driving June 17th 08, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime
Replies: 16
Posted By Tom D
Are repair-shop drive-offs a common problem??

"Larrybud" > wrote in message
> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" >
> wrote in...
Forum: Driving May 23rd 08, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 40
Posted By Tom D
Ford circles the drain

"N8N" > wrote in message
> That must be a Yurrup-only option; I don't believe BMW sells any
> Diesels in...
Forum: BMW May 12th 08, 04:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom D
Z3 chair slides (has play)

"kippb" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> My '98 Z3 passenger chair has play in it (slides a little). What's
Forum: Honda May 11th 08, 04:06 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.mercedes,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 347
Posted By Tom D
Consider buying American!

"Just Facts" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> [...]
> Oh...
Forum: BMW May 11th 08, 04:06 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.mercedes,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Tom D
Consider buying American!

"Just Facts" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> [...]
> Oh...
Forum: Driving February 21st 08, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 22
Posted By Tom D
Some Drivers Cut Gas Usage By Downsizing Engines

"Ad absurdum per aspera" > wrote in message
>>> converting high-
>>> power V8 engines to...
Forum: Driving October 7th 07, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 50
Posted By Tom D
Blind People Protest - Hybrid Cars Are Too Quiet

"Mike Kruger" > wrote in message
> I've looked for the replacement backup lights that make noise, but they
> don't...
Forum: Driving March 20th 07, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 19
Posted By Tom D
Would Lt. Hadily approve? Police arrest 7-yo bike rider

"richard" > wrote in message
> Now ask yourself this, how does a 7 year old even reach the pedals?

Maybe it was something like...
Forum: Driving January 26th 07, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 24
Posted By Tom D
Best car movie of all time

Anyone remember "Duel" with Dennis Weaver, directed by Steven Spielberg? I
thought it was pretty intense, although it has been a while since I've seen
it. I'll have to try to find it so I can see...
Forum: Driving January 24th 07, 10:57 PM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 15
Posted By Tom D
People I want to kill slowly...

> wrote in message
>I have my own pet peeve. When I'm turning left from a left-turn-only
> lane with a green...
Forum: Driving January 12th 07, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 43
Posted By Tom D
Are you a flasher?

"Jim Yanik" > wrote in message
> just where is it written that flashing the headlights is always a "go
> ahead' signal?

Who said...
Forum: Driving January 10th 07, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 43
Posted By Tom D
Are you a flasher?

"Steve B" > wrote in message

> Let's reverse the situation, just for the sake of discussion. You are
> exiting a driveway. A car is...
Forum: Driving January 10th 07, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 43
Posted By Tom D
Are you a flasher?

"Steve B" > wrote in message

> Under what circumstances would it be advisable for me to stop on a
> roadway, and allow a car to enter? ...
Forum: BMW November 23rd 06, 06:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Tom D
Z3 wheel fitment

> wrote in message
>I was interested upgrading the wheels and tires on my 2002 Z3. Tirerack.com
>has an excellent site...
Forum: Driving August 19th 06, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 3
Posted By Tom D
Slammed, Part II

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> Here's why inept riceboy punks should never try to lower the
> suspension on their...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21