Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Forum: Technology October 30th 18, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Smog, didn't pass test

Oregon,2 year test, no cost of fails.
1995 Toyota Tercel, 228k miles. Last 2 tests (4 years) passed with 8% HC, since I use 85% ethanol for test only. This time it is 237ppm. (220 ppm allowed)....
Forum: Technology May 29th 18, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Difficult starting

2008 Kia Rondo, V6
Starts in an instant EXCEPT when at gas station for a fill up. Takes over 30 seconds of cranking, stalls 2-3 times and runs crappy for about one minute.
Very repeatable.
Is the gas...
Forum: Technology January 3rd 18, 06:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Rocker arm shaft replacement Mazda

1991 Mazda B2600
Replace valve seals. Need to reinstall rocker arms shaft assembly.

This model has 12 valves and 10 (5 pair) bolts holding the over-cam rocker arm shaft to the cylinder head. The...
Forum: Technology December 8th 17, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Solved, valve stem seal

My cylinder head must have been remanufactured with fatter valve guides. The guides are 0.01 fatter than the inside diameter of the seals.
Having made the measurements the wonderful techs at Fel-pro...
Forum: Technology December 4th 17, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Valve stem seal help

Thanks Amuzi,
"The press on by hand" doesn't seem to work. Will try again. Thanks.
Forum: Technology December 3rd 17, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Valve stem seal help

1991 Mazda B2600i
Destroyed 4 new seals on the first valve (easiest to get to)
These are thin copper (?) shells with a spring loaded runbber ring on top.
Can't seem to drive them straight.
I've...
Forum: Technology October 28th 17, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Need to buy a transmission jack for a Tacoma clutch - HF has asale - advice?

Wish I was young again! Took two people to change heavy hydramatics. One under the car to drop it down. The second person would pull you out by your feet with the transmission upon your chest.
YOUTH !
Forum: Technology December 3rd 16, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Automatic Transmission question

Steve & Scott
Thanks for the advice. Will drop pan and change filter.
Forum: Technology November 30th 16, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Automatic Transmission question

1995 Toyota Tercel 224,000 miles, 3 speed automatic.

Twice now (5 months apart) the tranny up shifts quite late. I'm a conservative driver and I'm always in third gear by the time I get to the...
Forum: Technology July 22nd 15, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Tranny fluid disappearing

Thank you! Will check.
Forum: Technology July 22nd 15, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Tranny fluid disappearing

1991 Mazda B2600i pickup, automatic.
Uses 1 qt. fluid per 200 miles. Absolutely no drips on concrete carport. Bottom of tranny dry.
Where is the fluid going?
All help appreciated.
Ivan Vegvary
Forum: Technology June 3rd 15, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Exhaust pipe

Thank you Steve.
Forum: Technology April 6th 15, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Exhaust pipe

1948 Pontiac, straight 8
Had to move the exhaust system about an inch to get to the rear engine mounts. System was installed (welded) by a muffler shop as one continuous exhaust pipe, muffler and...
Forum: Technology March 28th 15, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Carburaror (again)

1948 Pontiac Carter 2brl. Professionally rebuilt 12 years ago, driven 2000 miles and unused since.
Idles nicely. Severe hesitation (stall) if pedal slightly depressed. All speeds. Only way to pull...
Forum: Technology March 21st 15, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Question: vehicle inspections

Most of my life in California and Oregon.
I don't believe any of the western states do inspections other than emissions.
Rarely ever see a broken down car along the highway.
What's the purpose of...
Forum: Technology January 31st 15, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Oil leak 2008 Kia Rondo 2.7 Liter engine

On Friday, January 30, 2015 at 4:06:44 PM UTC-8, Steve W. wrote:
> Ivan Vegvary wrote:
> > Replaced timing chain and water pump (I did the work) approximately 1
> > year ago. Three months ago oil is...
Forum: Technology January 31st 15, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Friday, January 30, 2015 at 2:59:32 PM UTC-8, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
> Replaced timing chain and water pump (I did the work) approximately 1 year ago. Three months ago oil is leaking from the bottom...
Forum: Technology January 30th 15, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Oil leak 2008 Kia Rondo 2.7 Liter engine

Replaced timing chain and water pump (I did the work) approximately 1 year ago. Three months ago oil is leaking from the bottom of the timing cover. Could it be anything other than a crankshaft...
Forum: Technology October 12th 14, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Accelerator pump (carburetor) question

On Sunday, October 12, 2014 8:07:53 AM UTC-7, N8N wrote:
> On Sunday, October 12, 2014 10:26:15 AM UTC-4, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
>
> > Trying to revive an old leather(?) pump. In the old days the...
Forum: Technology October 12th 14, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Accelerator pump (carburetor) question

Trying to revive an old leather(?) pump. In the old days the instructions told you to soak in kerosene for 10 to 15 minutes. Don't want to pay $10 for a gallon of kerosene at ACE. Only need about...
Forum: Technology October 6th 14, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Do brake pads have to be the same thickness?

I am an amateur! But I always spread the caliper PRIOR to any disassembly. Large screwdriver wedged against the old pad, a fee ounces of pull and plenty of patience. Takes as long as 10 to 15...
Forum: Technology September 25th 14, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Carburetor help needed

Thanks Kevin,
Found out that it hesitates at all speeds if you just step on the gas slightly. Will check the spark advance. Have spare distributor if necessary.
Forum: Technology September 23rd 14, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Carburetor help needed

Thanks Ashton.
I will try your suggestions.
Ivan Vegvary
Forum: Technology September 23rd 14, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Ivan Vegvary[_2_]
Carburetor help needed

1948 Pontiac, 8 cyl, 2 barrel carter carb.
Carb was rebuilt about 2000 miles ago, (12 years ago) and never really ran quite right. Cannot return, I moved out of state.

Everything runs fine except...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 57