Showing results 1 to 25 of 84
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: VFW
Forum: Technology August 25th 10, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By VFW
Simple turn signal.

In article >,
"hls" > wrote:

> "Don Stauffer" > wrote in message news:4c6d2e3f$0
> > I think the car mfgs could...
Forum: Technology August 13th 10, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By VFW
Is a Scion Hatchback a good car?

/05 with 27K, what bugs does it tend to have?
did they stick with this design a few yrs. what was the first yr?
TIA
--
Money! What a concept.
Forum: Technology August 12th 10, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

It's just a blast and fun too. People ask what kind of car it is.
some have never seen one.
--
Money! What a concept.
Forum: Technology August 9th 10, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

they have listed th '07 Nissan Versa as not worth buying.
Anyone have experience with one. It's the first yr. for that model.
bugs?
--
Money! What a concept.
Forum: VW air cooled August 3rd 10, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

I quite often get criticized because my KG is not original. BTW the work
was done by the previous owner. not a snob.
Then I was in a repair shop and the owner told an Anti-Semitic "joke'
(it wasn't...
Forum: VW air cooled July 20th 10, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By VFW
HumBugs Meet coming! 7/18 N.CA

In article
wrote:

> On Jul 8, 8:45 am, VFW > wrote:
> > In article
Forum: VW air cooled July 11th 10, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By VFW
009 distributor wear.

In article
Jim Ed > wrote:

> On Jul 11, 7:45*am, VFW > wrote:
> > I swear this is the...
Forum: VW air cooled July 11th 10, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By VFW
009 distributor wear.

I swear this is the second time I've had a 009 go out on me. Seems the
bushings wear out. I guess they just got old, me too.
The Q. is , what lubes the shaft and I do oil the felt in the...
Forum: VW air cooled July 10th 10, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By VFW
$100 for a front end alignment?

In article >,
Jan Andersson > wrote:

> John Stafford wrote:
> > In article >,
> > VFW...
Forum: VW air cooled July 8th 10, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

John Stafford > wrote:

> In article >,
> VFW >...
Forum: VW air cooled July 8th 10, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By VFW
$100 for a front end alignment?

my wife took her Ghia to a tire shop and they had some difficulties.
two hours later, She just wasn't happy with how it went.
'69 with discs up front, ball-joints shouldn't be that hard to...
Forum: VW air cooled July 8th 10, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By VFW
HumBugs Meet coming! 7/18 N.CA

In article
wrote:

> On Jul 5, 7:53 am, VFW > wrote:
> > 10 a.m. Pierson pk....
Forum: VW air cooled July 5th 10, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By VFW
HumBugs Meet coming! 7/18 N.CA

10 a.m. Pierson pk. Mckinleyville, Humboldt cty
I might show the ghia cabrio, celebrating it's 50th b.day
--
Money! What a concept.
Forum: VW air cooled July 3rd 10, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

In article
" > wrote:

> On Jul 2, 9:46*am, VFW > wrote:
> > I take the...
Forum: VW air cooled July 2nd 10, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By VFW
Heater boxes and clear air tubes.

I take the clear air tubes off and plug the shroud outlets. With
Gerber's baby food jar lids.
My local mechanic sez it just fries the valve cover gaskets with heat
from the heater boxes.
Wouldn't...
Forum: VW air cooled July 2nd 10, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
OT
Posted By VFW
OT

In article >,
"Joey Tribiani" > wrote:

> it's a lovely day....

yes, it is. any day I can take my fair weather friend. My cabrio out for
a...
Forum: VW air cooled June 28th 10, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By VFW
Setting crank end play

In article
Jim Ed > wrote:

> > Do you hit the belt pulley with a mallet or pry the flywheel with
Forum: VW air cooled June 25th 10, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By VFW
I left the engine lid off

In article >,
Jan Andersson > wrote:

> VFW wrote:
> > In article >,
> > "Joey Tribiani" >...
Forum: VW air cooled June 24th 10, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By VFW
is there still a KG place in Albany.OR?

I can't seem to find them in "Hot VW's" the mag.
--
Money! What a concept.
Forum: VW air cooled June 24th 10, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

In article >,
"Joey Tribiani" > wrote:

> "P.J.Berg" > wrote in message
Forum: VW air cooled June 23rd 10, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By VFW
Wanted; '69 Ghia coupe

yes, we are looking for a daily driver but one that has been pan-off
restored. Not a show car but completely gone over. 1600 cc, and 4 sp.
or 5 speed trans-axle.
rust free only. are you going to...
Forum: VW air cooled June 23rd 10, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By VFW
I left the engine lid off

In article >,
"P.J.Berg" > wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:41:34 +0200, VFW > wrote:
>
> > I was...
Forum: VW air cooled June 22nd 10, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By VFW
I left the engine lid off

I was working on the engine and sometimes it's just easier to take the
"hood" off. So since the weather is so nice , I thought why not leave it
off. You should see the double takes. Many don't see...
Forum: VW air cooled June 13th 10, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By VFW
Selling a "Grateful Dead" Van Q.

In article >,
"Joey Tribiani" > wrote:

Forum: VW air cooled June 13th 10, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote:

> "VFW" > wrote in message
Showing results 1 to 25 of 84