Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.45 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Forum: Technology April 22nd 19, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Valet broke my brakes

Tonight when I gave my 97 Mercury to the parking valet the brakes were
normal. When I got it back the pedal had to go to the floor to stop.
There are 2 systems right? Would it do that if one line...
Forum: Technology February 4th 19, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 13
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Engine run time to keep battery charged

If you turn over an engine periodically to keep it charged, how long do
you run it to make up for the charge lost in starting?

In this case it's my neighbor's 87 Buick Regal while he's in the...
Forum: Technology February 24th 18, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 13
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Screwdriver bits

I just twisted a torx bit into a spiral trying to remove a rusted screw,
then used a Dremel to cut a slot across the top and took it out with a
flat screwdriver. The screwdriver didn't bend at...
Forum: Technology January 5th 18, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
How long can a popping CV joint last?

The Real Bev wrote:
> On 01/04/2018 05:34 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> The Real Bev wrote:
>>> All we could find was a piece of cardboard. Guess how well that
>>> worked :-)
>>
>> Asphalt roofing...
Forum: Technology January 5th 18, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Firing order

AMuzi wrote:
> On 1/4/2018 10:20 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> AMuzi wrote:
Forum: Technology January 5th 18, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Firing order

AMuzi wrote:
> On 1/4/2018 7:33 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> This always bugged me. Why is firing order always non-consecutive?
>>

> Because, in the case of classic 1342:
Forum: Technology January 5th 18, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

The Real Bev wrote:
> On 01/01/2018 09:37 PM, wrote:
>> On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 10:27:10 PM UTC-6, The Real Bev wrote:
>>> On 01/01/2018 07:22 PM,...
Forum: Technology January 5th 18, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Firing order

This always bugged me. Why is firing order always non-consecutive?

--
Forum: Technology August 29th 17, 09:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10

Sanity Clause wrote:
> "Tom Del Rosso" wrote:
>
>> Sanity Clause wrote:
>>> Any chance this "brown stuff" comes in a bottle that says "Bar's
>>> Leaks"?
>>
>> No the brown antifreeze comes in a...
Forum: Technology August 28th 17, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Antifreeze brown sludge

dsi1 wrote:
> You have an oil leak into your coolant system or the previous owner
> used plain water in the radiator and that's rust. Maybe it's both.

That would make sense. Does oil mixed with...
Forum: Technology August 28th 17, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Antifreeze brown sludge

Sanity Clause wrote:
> "Tom Del Rosso" wrote:
>
>> What's the story with this brown stuff that, I was told, must be used
>> with my 2002 Buick? It has solid particulates for some unfathomable
Forum: Technology August 27th 17, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Antifreeze brown sludge

What's the story with this brown stuff that, I was told, must be used
with my 2002 Buick? It has solid particulates for some unfathomable
reason, which clog the cap and stick to the sides of the...
Forum: Technology May 5th 17, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Electric motor noise in the rear

Steve W. wrote:
> Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> The Real Bev wrote:
Forum: Technology May 4th 17, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

The Real Bev wrote:
> On 04/29/2017 04:31 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> What is that noise like a stepper motor in the rear 5 seconds after
>> starting?
>>
>> It's a 2002 Lesabre but you probably don't...
Forum: Technology April 30th 17, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Electric motor noise in the rear

What is that noise like a stepper motor in the rear 5 seconds after
starting?

It's a 2002 Lesabre but you probably don't need to know that.

--
Forum: Technology August 3rd 16, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7

Steve W. wrote:
> Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> If I get inside the rear doors on a 2002 Lesabre is there a way to
>> remove the stop that keeps the windows from opening?
>>

> Don't have to get...
Forum: Technology August 2nd 16, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Fully opening rear windows

If I get inside the rear doors on a 2002 Lesabre is there a way to
remove the stop that keeps the windows from opening?

--
Forum: Technology April 12th 16, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6

Steve W. wrote:
> Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> It never happens when the engine is running, but when on battery the
>> dome lights flash about every 2 seconds, and after locking the doors
>> they stay on...
Forum: Technology April 12th 16, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> You should have a switch or set of buttons
> up by the dome that select "Door-Off-On"
> or some such. Rock that switch back and
> forth a few times or depress the...
Forum: Technology April 11th 16, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Lesabre 2002 dome light flashing and staying on

It never happens when the engine is running, but when on battery the
dome lights flash about every 2 seconds, and after locking the doors
they stay on for a long time when normally they would go...
Forum: Technology August 14th 14, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Tire pressure detection

Steve W. wrote:
> Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> Paul in Houston TX wrote:
Forum: Technology July 30th 14, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Tom Del Rosso[_5_]
Tire pressure detection

Paul in Houston TX wrote:
> Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> I got a tire pressure warning, and one was down to 22 psi. It has a
>> slow leak, I now know. But after filling it and keeping it filled to
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22