Showing results 1 to 25 of 213
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Forum: VW air cooled July 24th 12, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
I need an air compressor. Which should I get?

I just need a reliable low cost air compressor to inflate auto tires.
I was thinking of Walmart or Home Depot.
Which should I get?
What do you use?
TIA!
Forum: VW air cooled June 8th 09, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
screwed by bfy obsolete parts

Are you sure it is not on back order?

------------------------

On Jun 3, 2:18*pm, john joseph > wrote:
> what can I say? They charged my card. Never shipped.
>
> Oh, I know what...
Forum: VW air cooled June 8th 09, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Left Stop Light Not Working, help please!

> I sometimes cut an old electrical cord to use some of the metal strands
> along the side of the holder while inserting the bulb to help ensure a
> better ground.

I think I will try this. I have...
Forum: VW air cooled June 7th 09, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Left Stop Light Not Working, help please!

On my 1973 Beetle I have these replacement 3 bulb tail lights like
this:

http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/viewproductdetail.php?keyword2=EXS0004&cartid=

The middle bulb is the tail/stop light.

The...
Forum: VW air cooled May 13th 09, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
78 SB alternator swap, fan housing issues

John C. at aircooled.net is an honest person.
You can e-mail them for parts questions.
Here is a link form their site about charging system...
Forum: VW air cooled May 6th 09, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
J.T. Garwood : The Car Of The Century book

I thought I saw it at Amazon.com but, it was under a different author.

On May 5, 7:20*pm, wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can get J.T. Garwood's book The Car Of The
Forum: VW air cooled May 4th 09, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Solex Pict-2 AIr Idle screw has no effect

Maybe the little idle screw needs a cleaning and a new o-ring.
While it is out, spray some B-12 Chemtool in the hole to clean it out.

This tech link may be some...
Forum: VW air cooled April 23rd 09, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Leaking valve cover gasket q.

Make sure the ends of the bails are in their holes.
Sometimes they pop out.

My valve covers were leaking, even with new gaskets.
I got new bails and the leaks went away.
New bails will be a close...
Forum: VW air cooled April 17th 09, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Need a headliner ..

On Apr 16, 1:32*pm, "jeWINKwink" > wrote:
> Forgot to ask. *Know where to get a headliner for a 67 Bus ??
>
> Diane

Here ya'...
Forum: VW air cooled April 17th 09, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Need a headliner ..

On Apr 16, 1:32*pm, "jeWINKwink" > wrote:
> Forgot to ask. *Know where to get a headliner for a 67 Bus ??
>
> Diane

Forgot to ask. *Know where to get a headliner for a 67 Bus...
Forum: VW air cooled April 16th 09, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Template for Oil Cooler L-Bracket Seal in db& Hot VWs May 2009Issue

Wouldn't a foam rubber strip at the base of the oil cooler do the same
thing?

On Apr 16, 10:57*am, wrote:
> Template for Oil Cooler L-Bracket Seal in db& Hot VWs May 2009 Issue

Forum: VW air cooled April 16th 09, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Template for Oil Cooler L-Bracket Seal in db& Hot VWs May 2009 Issue

Template for Oil Cooler L-Bracket Seal in db& Hot VWs May 2009 Issue

In the May 2009 Issue of db& Hot VWs there is an article called ‘Going
to the Dogs’ on page 66.

It also has a template provided...
Forum: VW air cooled April 12th 09, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Heater hoses.

Where can I get some bilge fans like yours?
TIA
On Apr 7, 11:51*am, wrote:
> On Apr 6, 11:26*pm,...
Forum: VW air cooled April 9th 09, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
New plates by mail in Texas?

I got a new plate for my Beetle last month. I live in Oklahoma.
It is also a flat plate.
I looked closer and it looks like a lazer printed decal put on the
plate and not painted on as before.
It is...
Forum: VW air cooled April 7th 09, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
lights flickering

Check the brown negative ground wires. Maybe it has a loose or bad
connection.
Check where the brown wires connect in front of the gas tank.
These links might...
Forum: VW air cooled April 7th 09, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Heater hoses.

Watch those plastic bilge blower fans.
They can melt from the heat or the plastic can become brittle and
break after a year or two.
I suggest inspecting them every Fall before cold weather.
I had two...
Forum: VW air cooled April 7th 09, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Heater hoses.

Here are some good links:

http://www.vw-resource.com/heat_discussion.html

http://www.vw-resource.com/heat4.html

http://thebugshop.org/gotech.htm

I’m not sure if this heater box to body heater...
Forum: VW air cooled March 29th 09, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
battery

I got a Die Hard battery at Sears about two years ago.
It is still going strong.
Check the labels for date of manufacture and electrolyte fill date.
The second is an oval sticker I think.
They might...
Forum: VW air cooled March 29th 09, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Tiger CDI and ignition coil

I have the Tiger CDI John C. of aircoolednet was selling back in 2000
or so.
It has a plug so I can eliminate the CDI function by turning it. You
can choose points/Pertronix or CDI.

If I turn the...
Forum: VW air cooled March 28th 09, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Tiger CDI and ignition coil

The instructions for my CDI said:

* to use a stock coil with a ballast resistor.
* not to use a high output coil.
* to use stock spark plugs. Do not use the fancy triple electrode or
Platinum...
Forum: VW air cooled March 27th 09, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Tiger CDI and ignition coil

The stock Bosch coils for old air-cooled VW’s has a built in ballast
resistor.
Are you saying that you have an aftermarket coil that uses a separate
ballast resistor?

If so then, yes use it.
Sorry,...
Forum: VW air cooled March 25th 09, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Electric Speedo - Help Please!

Here is what I mean by inaccurate reading with the wider but smaller
diameter tires.

http://www.vw-resource.com/wheels.html#questions

The standard 165/75 15s are about 24 inches in diameter, so use...
Forum: VW air cooled March 25th 09, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Electric Speedo - Help Please!

What is needed to convert from a stock speedometer to an electric
speedometer?

Besides the electric speedo, I figure I would also need the electric
hall sensor that attaches to the stock speedo...
Forum: VW air cooled March 20th 09, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Brake Bleeding

Anybody use these:
Solo Bleed Bleeder Screws (AKA: Speed Bleed)
....allow a single person to safely bleed their brakes without a mess.

http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/kwsearch.php
Forum: VW air cooled March 19th 09, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Brake Bleeding

This works for me every three years when I replace my brake light
switches.
Note: Those switches seem to fail about every 3.25 years.

Motive Products - power...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 213