Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tuomas
Forum: VW air cooled March 22nd 11, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Tuomas
Almost related: a portable radio

On 21/03/11 17:41, Jan Andersson wrote:
> Tuomas wrote:
>> Hello!

Forum: VW air cooled March 21st 11, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Tuomas
Almost related: a portable radio

Hello!

> > wrote in message
>> This is the way hobbies get out of hand: ;)
>>
>> I was delighted to find a gray Blaupunkt Lido...
Forum: VW air cooled March 21st 11, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Tuomas
Almost related: a portable radio

This is the way hobbies get out of hand: ;)

I was delighted to find a gray Blaupunkt Lido (made in 62/63) for the grey
bus as it has radio cover plate recycled for windshield washer button and I...
Forum: VW air cooled March 14th 11, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Tuomas
2nd gear vs. reverse?

On 14/03/11 12:33, Peter wrote:
> On Mar 12, 10:08 pm, Jan >
> wrote:
>> Jan Andersson wrote:
Forum: VW air cooled March 10th 11, 11:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Tuomas
Carby bearings

On 10/03/11 09:45, John wrote:
> That,s a point. I,m overhauling my spare set of carbs so I,ll complete that
> and change over. Just talking to people, wandering around the net you hear
> that...
Forum: VW air cooled February 8th 11, 10:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Tuomas
Changing Generator brushes in the car.

On 06/02/11 22:35, John Connolly wrote:
> Use a length of thread to "hook" the spring and hold it out of the way
> while you R&R the brushes.

Also use a piece of thin wire or thread to secure the...
Forum: VW air cooled February 8th 11, 10:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Tuomas
Is a K.G, cabriolet a "chick magnet"?

On 06/02/11 05:11, DogDiesel wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> and exactly how many diseases are out there now? do...
Forum: VW air cooled January 19th 11, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Tuomas
KG script sought

On 14/01/11 17:10, VFW, wrote:
> I wonder is there a reproduction or NOS of the script found on the
> engine lid of the 1960 KG?
> you know the 12 inch form.
> someone broke off part of mine. gawd it...
Forum: VW air cooled January 10th 11, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Tuomas
Rear Hubs - guess everything eventually wears out

On 09/01/11 13:58, P.J.Berg wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 20:57:41 +0100, John Henderson
> > wrote:
>
>> G_Group wrote:
>>
>>> I was tightening up the rear brakes of my...
Forum: VW air cooled January 10th 11, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Tuomas
71 Ghia battery cables crossed

On 09/01/11 03:56, Jan Andersson wrote:
> G_Group wrote:
>> On Jan 8, 3:26 am, "John" > wrote:
>>> Thus fuse will blow so make sure the wiper motor is not seized. From memory
Forum: VW air cooled January 4th 11, 10:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Tuomas
Where Is Everybody?

On 18/12/10 18:42, Jim Ed wrote:
> Has this group almost died or is everyone busy with something else?

Waiting for the spring: Cars are in winter storage and owner in survival
-mode until it begins...
Forum: VW air cooled December 13th 10, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 15
Posted By Tuomas
Sometimes you can just tell its a good one.

On 13/12/10 02:36, John J Stafford wrote:
> http://www.digoliardi.net/sunday3.jpg
>
> We are literally overwhelmed with snow. 23 inches this weekend.

Whoa! :)

We have only 12" here (=southern...
Forum: VW air cooled December 13th 10, 08:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Tuomas
1300 vs. 1500

On 07/12/10 17:32, P.J.Berg wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 13:11:48 +0100, Jan Andersson >
> wrote:
>>>
>>> Somebody commented they like pre 66 bugs better. What happened to bugs...
Forum: VW air cooled November 23rd 10, 06:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 44
Posted By Tuomas
Sermons

On 23/11/10 05:18, Randall wrote:

> The Commerce Department is seeking comments on the protection of copyrighted
> works online.
Forum: VW air cooled November 16th 10, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Tuomas
How Often Do You Replace the Rubber Fuel Hose?

On 15/11/10 18:53, Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Jan Andersson" wrote in message ...
> > The factory did not use clamps in the fuel lines. They used the
>> proper 5.5mm...
Forum: VW air cooled November 10th 10, 07:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Tuomas
Bus 50 years yesterday

Hello!

I forgot to advertise this event here yesterday, but I remembered it and
co-owner (Hannu) bothered to make small "50y" badges and drive around town.
:) (see links)

Originally a panel van,...
Forum: VW air cooled October 29th 10, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Tuomas
What happened to Eric Allred?

On 28/10/10 17:47, Jim Ed wrote:
> On Oct 27, 3:53 pm, > wrote:
>> Eric worked for us for 4 years, then got his HVAC license and does
>> that as his occupation.

Forum: VW air cooled October 12th 10, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Tuomas
How much to rebuild a 1600 DP.

On 12/10/10 14:22, DogDiesel wrote:

> So how many Km you get from a middle ground rebuild. .

I expect something over 50 000 km but less than 100 000, even factory made
(in Germany) new engines...
Forum: VW air cooled October 12th 10, 10:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Tuomas
How much to rebuild a 1600 DP.

On 12/10/10 10:02, DogDiesel wrote:
> How much is it to rebuild a VW engine. DIY, no mods. All the bearings and
> other disposables.

Depends totally on what quality parts you use and how much...
Forum: VW air cooled October 4th 10, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Tuomas
Vw beetle verses 85-92 Golf Diesel.

On 02/10/10 01:46, DogDiesel wrote:
> Beetle tons of maintenance. Golf rolling unbreakable drivetrain, the rest is broken. Or gonna break.

Not tons, but some. Unless you plan...
Forum: VW air cooled September 24th 10, 08:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Tuomas
Does the Fuel Tank have to have an Internal Filter?

On 24/09/10 03:10, Jim Ed wrote:
> Does the fuel tank have to have an internal filter?

I thing the main function of internal filter is to protect the fuel tap (and
fuel lines) from clogging.

At...
Forum: VW air cooled September 24th 10, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Tuomas
Thinking about getting a beetle.

On 23/09/10 17:15, DogDiesel wrote:
> "Jim > wrote in message
>>
>> Beetle maintenance and repair can...
Forum: VW air cooled September 22nd 10, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Tuomas
Where to look for a 70 -up beetle

On 22/09/10 13:04, DogDiesel wrote:
> Beside Samba and craigslist. And Im not stupid enough to buy a bug on Ebay
> sight unseen.

Local club is very often a good source, espesially in West...
Forum: VW air cooled September 22nd 10, 08:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Tuomas
Brake problem and possible solution

On 21/09/10 18:06, Speedy Jim wrote:

> What a lovely find! Congratulations!

I've written some history of buy earlier but it was for sale in Germany at
mobile.de and I found it from there.

> Yes,...
Forum: VW air cooled September 21st 10, 10:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Tuomas
Brake problem and possible solution

Hello!

T34 has been sitting a long time (no-one knows how long) and its brakes
stick if I brake, at three wheels: Left front wheel brake works as it should.

If I open the bleed screw of a stuck...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28