Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Catman
Forum: Alfa Romeo November 13th 10, 11:58 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 3
Posted By Catman
Yet another split hose!

R C Nesbit wrote:
> Catman spoke:
>>> I don't think the top hose is under as much pressure as the
>>> bottom hose, so hopefully my bicycle puncture repair
>>> patches reinforced with some rubber...
Forum: Alfa Romeo November 13th 10, 08:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 3
Posted By Catman
Yet another split hose!

R C Nesbit wrote:
> The 156 1.9jtd has been running a bit lumpy of late,
> smoking quite a bit, and using More fuel.

Not good

> Today #1 son had a listen under the bonnet and located the
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 22nd 10, 02:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 8
Posted By Catman
:-( MOT fail

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:
>>> "Catman" > wrote in message...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 22nd 10, 02:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 8
Posted By Catman
:-( MOT fail

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:
>>> 156 2.0JTS 2002.
>>>
>>> Steering rack end.
>>> Both front...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 22nd 10, 02:38 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 8
Posted By Catman
:-( MOT fail

GT wrote:
> 156 2.0JTS 2002.
>
> Steering rack end.
> Both front suspension arms (top).
> Rear brake pipes.
> + Service
> + MOT fee
>
> Expensive.
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 16th 10, 01:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 8
Posted By Catman
Giulietta spotted - gorgeous in the flesh

Dave Savage wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> SteveH wrote:
>>> Catman >...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 16th 10, 01:16 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>>> How much do you reckon they'll retain at the 3-4 year mark? - will try
>>> to hold off replacing the 156 until they become...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 15th 10, 09:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>> Dave Savage wrote:
>>> Just saw my first Giulietta (White) in Wimbledon (South London). Couldn't
>>> stop to examine, but .... ...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 15th 10, 08:10 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Dave Savage wrote:
> Just saw my first Giulietta (White) in Wimbledon (South London). Couldn't
> stop to examine, but .... gorgeous !!!!
>
> As an aside - I don't generally find that white looks...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 14th 10, 03:10 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 28
Posted By Catman
156 on the blink

Malcolm Osborne wrote:

<snip>

> A cambelt woud be a deterrent to anyone contemplating keeping a `classic'
> car so equipped for the long term as a collection item (Alfa GTV?)

See my .sig? We have...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 11th 10, 05:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 28
Posted By Catman
156 on the blink

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:
>>> "Catman" > wrote in message...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 9th 10, 11:13 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 28
Posted By Catman
156 on the blink

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> SteveH wrote:
>>> Catman >...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 8th 10, 08:08 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 28
Posted By Catman
156 on the blink

Charlie Money wrote:
> The listed cambelt change interval on my 2005 1.9 JTD 156 SW is 70,000

Very different engine.
> miles. Just done the 2nd change at 132,000 miles though as there were
> visual...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 8th 10, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 28
Posted By Catman
156 on the blink

Dave Savage wrote:
> "Malcolm Osborne" > wrote in message
>> "Malcolm Osborne" > wrote in message
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 8th 10, 07:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 28
Posted By Catman
156 on the blink

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>> With money, all things are possible I spose. I would imagine it would be
>> very expensive though. On the Sprint you'd have to...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 8th 10, 01:58 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 28
Posted By Catman
156 on the blink

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:
>>> "Catman" > wrote in message...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 8th 10, 09:02 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 28
Posted By Catman
156 on the blink

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:
>>> "Catman" > wrote in message...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 7th 10, 07:47 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 7
Posted By Catman
147 Using oil

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> Malcolm Osborne wrote:
>>> "Malcolm Osborne" >...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 7th 10, 04:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 7
Posted By Catman
147 Using oil

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>> Steer clear of the 0w whatevers, fully synth, AFAIK. Unless SteveH knows
>> different.
>
> Pretty much, yes - Selenia used to,...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 7th 10, 03:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 7
Posted By Catman
147 Using oil

R C Nesbit wrote:
> Catman spoke:
>> I can't recall which it is, I *think* rings would be the usual first
>> culprit *but*....
>>
>> How many miles, and any idea what oil is in there? It sounds to...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 7th 10, 10:38 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 7
Posted By Catman
147 Using oil

R C Nesbit wrote:
> Lesley's 147 2.0TS is using quite a bit of oil.
>
> The oil is very clean, the seller told us it had a recent
> service with oil & filter change. So clean that it is
> almost...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 7th 10, 08:57 AM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 2
Posted By Catman
New Giulietta

Malcolm Osborne wrote:
> "Malcolm Osborne" > wrote in message
>> 156 2.0TS - driving along, revs go up briefly, then engine...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 6th 10, 07:25 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 2
Posted By Catman
New Giulietta

I saw one in the wild today. Blimey, that's one *lovely* looking car.

116...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500