Replies: 1
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
Honda Accord EX V4 vs. V6 -- pros and cons?

On 2017-06-19 10:23:11 +0000, said:

> I have owned 2 v6's, both coupes. A 2008 standard shift and a 2015
> automatic which I currently drive.
>
> I have test driven the 4...
Forum: Honda March 24th 17, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 0
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
SPOILER--again, don't read

So all that talk about Sandra being evil, and Sandra acknowledging her
strategy to everyone ("anyone but me, I'm da queen")...why the focus on
eliminating physical strength?

Sandra's strategy is...
Forum: Honda March 21st 12, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 52
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
Headline I thought I'd never see

in today's paper, from Reuter's:

"Reviving Honda
After harsh criticism of its new Civic, the automaker has turned to its
engineering staff to reclaim its mojo"

wow, it only took, what--20...
Forum: Honda October 10th 11, 02:14 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 12
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
CR-V safety recall

In article >,
Tegger > wrote:

> Actually, most software flashes are designed to eliminate or ameliorate
> undesirable or destructive...
Forum: Honda October 9th 11, 11:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 12
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
CR-V safety recall

In article >,
Tegger > wrote:

> This one is just a software flash.

hehehe Yeah, just like I had to get a new control module, complete with...
Forum: Honda September 13th 11, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 30
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
Prius key replacement (was Need New Key, 2011 Fit)

In article >,
News > wrote:

> On 9/13/2011 5:37 AM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> > In >,
Forum: Honda May 15th 11, 01:24 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 18
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
Ignore Check Engine light at your peril!!

In article >,
Tegger > wrote:

> >> Honda didn't recover from that mistake. Instead, they stuck their
> >> heads in the sand for years and...
Forum: Honda August 22nd 10, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 35
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
And yet even more on the legendary Honda failing transmissions--Honda won't let you buy a new one on your own

In article >, Al >
wrote:

> May 08 the 03 Accord transmission went out at 85,300 miles. I brought
> it to dealer B. Next day they called and said...
Forum: Honda August 21st 10, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

ACAR > wrote:

> Elmo probably knew about the weak Honda trans when he bought the
Forum: Honda August 19th 10, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 35
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
And yet even more on the legendary Honda failing transmissions--Honda won't let you buy a new one on your own

Some of you know about my 2002 Odyssey with 73K miles and its failed
transmission, and American Honda's "generous" offer to pay 50% toward
the cost of replacing it.

And, of course, you know my...
Forum: Honda August 18th 10, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
Failing 2002 Odyssey trans

In article >,
Grumpy AuContraire > wrote:

> > I remember the days when Honda bought the part if I bought the labor.
Forum: Honda August 17th 10, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
Failing 2002 Odyssey trans

In article >,
jim beam > wrote:

> but that's elmo's point, and his complaint - he /is/ that long time
> regular customer. and he's...
Forum: Honda August 17th 10, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
Failing 2002 Odyssey trans

In article
ACAR > wrote:

> > There appears to me to be a connection between the dealer's...
Forum: Honda August 16th 10, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
Failing 2002 Odyssey trans

Honda previously offered 25% accommodation on this replacement. I
pursued this through my dealership's GM, and Honda has now upped that
offer to 50%.

I could try to chase after this through Honda...
Forum: Honda August 16th 10, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 28
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
Honda and their legendary failing transmissions (was Fluid change necessary?)

In article >,
Tegger > wrote:

> > Mine is the first of the five speed units, starting with the 02
> > Odyssey and moving on to the 03...
Forum: Honda August 15th 10, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Tegger > wrote:

> Honda is pretty generous with tranny repairs/replacements, with a
> significant number of "goodwill"...
Forum: Technology August 15th 10, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Replies: 31
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
Ford most-considered brand 2 quarters in row in KBB study

In article >,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

> >So yes, I considered Ford. That lasted all of ten minutes.
>
> You should have tried a VW too.

Volkswagen? ...
Forum: Technology August 15th 10, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus

john > wrote:

> "For the second quarter in a row, Ford is the most-considered
> automotive...
Forum: Honda August 14th 10, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Dave Garrett > wrote:

> In my experience, a firm but polite letter directly to American Honda's
> customer service...
Forum: Honda August 13th 10, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Tegger > wrote:

> Brake and tranny-fluid changes are NEVER a bad idea.

wish I'd followed a trans fluid change schedule that...
Forum: Technology February 27th 10, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
And now the Bull starts

In article >,
jim beam > wrote:

> same with getting behind the wheel of a car dude - you are responsible
> for familiarizing yourself...
Forum: VW water cooled October 22nd 08, 12:00 PM Posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 19
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
Toyota is losing its halo

In article <48fdd2a3$1@kcnews01>,
"C. E. White" > wrote:

> When senior Volkswagen executives said the Wolfsburg-based automaker
> intended to overtake Toyota in...
Forum: Technology April 26th 08, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 233
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
Yaris, Scion xD, Honda Fit - no water temp gauge

In article >,
Nate Nagel > wrote:

> [...]
Forum: Honda October 7th 07, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 64
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
bad transmission - 2500 dollars

In article >,
"Pszemol" > wrote:

> >> given that the honda factory maintenance specs specifically say to /not/
> >> flush, i think you're not...
Forum: Honda October 4th 07, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By Elmo P. Shagnasty
Has anyone used non Michelin PAX tires and wheels on a Touring model?

In article >,
wrote:

> Some might say the Touring model was "tuned" for the PAX tire system -
> maybe so. But for 3.5...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31