Showing results 1 to 25 of 83
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: GaryR
Forum: Simulators January 26th 13, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 6
Posted By GaryR
Finetuning the FFB

I haven't figured out why I bother to keep Free Agent News Reader
active and keep looking at newsgroups when in reality they died with
Compuserve when web sites stated popping up. It's people like...
Forum: Simulators January 6th 13, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
Posted By GaryR
FFB 2013

Yes, but this is the 2013 Mario FFB and the stars are all in different
positions in the universe so there are still another 600 adjustments
and subsequent posts to make!

Mario - the one man...
Forum: Simulators May 16th 12, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 40
Posted By GaryR
New PC's FFB

Contribute to what??? This incessant circle jerk babble about nothing
anyone gives a **** about? As far as being an asshole, it does come
easy sometimes but in this case i'm simply voiceing my...
Forum: Simulators May 12th 12, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 40
Posted By GaryR
New PC's FFB

You two and this FF discussion are the death knell of this (should
have been put to slep years ago) group. Mario - you make me dizzy with
your up/down/back/forth "THIS IS IT" settings. Give it up,...
Forum: Simulators January 21st 12, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 30
Posted By GaryR
How to balance FFB

Mario - You are single-handidly keeping this newsgroups alive! If it
wasn't for your "I figured it out, wait, it's not that, wait, it's
this, wait, it's something else, wait, I have it now, wait,...
Forum: Simulators November 24th 11, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By GaryR
iRacing Special - $49 per year

No affiliation, just passing it along as it's a good deal IMO..

"From Thursday through Sunday we have cut the price of a one-year
membership in half. That's right, a full year of racing for just...
Forum: Simulators November 14th 11, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 27
Posted By GaryR
FFB (new development)

I actually am now addicted to World of Tanks!
We should discuss that... 8-)

GR

>On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 02:00 +0000 (GMT Standard Time), (Andrew MacPherson)...
Forum: Simulators November 11th 11, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 27
Posted By GaryR
FFB (new development)

>On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:45:33 +0100, "Mario Petrinovic" > wrote:
>Mario Petrinovic:
>> Ok, it looks like damper likes to be the same as Spring and
>> Centering...
Forum: Simulators November 10th 11, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 27
Posted By GaryR
FFB (new development)

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 11:10 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

(Mario Petrinovic) wrote:

>> I am not sure what is...
Forum: Simulators October 26th 11, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 27
Posted By GaryR
FFB (new development)

>On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 03:24:35 +0200, "Mario Petrinovic" > wrote:
> I just went to Lime Rock with Legends, and saw a lot of people
>spinning. The difference...
Forum: Simulators October 14th 11, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By GaryR
C.A.R.S. open beta

10 Euros (minimum) to play a beta????

Is that correct?

>On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 17:56:39 -0400, GaryR > wrote:
>Signed up on the Forum, how do you get access to the...
Forum: Simulators October 14th 11, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By GaryR
C.A.R.S. open beta

Signed up on the Forum, how do you get access to the downloads?

GR

>On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:39:46 -0600, "rms" > wrote:
>An interesting project here if you're looking for...
Forum: Simulators September 3rd 11, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 26
FFB
Posted By GaryR
FFB

Sorry Mario, but the whole FFB thing is subjective at best, even on a
$15000 simulator. The 2D screen, the shaking, etc. are nothing like
what is felt in a real car so my thought is set it the way...
Forum: Simulators September 1st 11, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 26
FFB
Posted By GaryR
FFB

>On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 13:39:29 -0700 (PDT), Pat Dotson > wrote:
>I'll be interested to hear from anyone else who tries what Mario
>recommends. I messed around with it for a bit...
Forum: Simulators August 21st 11, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 26
FFB
Posted By GaryR
FFB

I'll try anything once, but please clarify relating the what is in the
Logitech Profiler Options/Global Device Settings for my G25 setup.

Force Feedback Device Settings
Overall Effects Strength -...
Forum: Simulators August 11th 11, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
Posted By GaryR
Suitable Racing Sims / Games for 64bit Windoze 7?

To my surprise I loaded GPL on my W7 64 rig and... it simply just
worked (ATI 5870 with latest drivers)! As did all the little tweak
programs for it except "TweakUI" which made racing the UI bearable...
Forum: Simulators April 29th 11, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By GaryR
NFS Shift 2 $18 shipped at EA Store

Not woth $40 for me to play with, have way too many mediocre racing
games I can mess with now.. RL racing in my 911 at Limerock Park
Saturday, only thing close is iRacing and that is the "old"...
Forum: Simulators April 28th 11, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By GaryR
NFS Shift 2 $18 shipped at EA Store

When I go there it says $39.99.... is there a special code or
something?

>On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 07:56:33 -0600, "rms" > wrote:
>http://eastore.ea.com deal good till...
Forum: Simulators January 2nd 11, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 33
Posted By GaryR
Anyone got any thoughts on PS3/GT5?

>On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 06:00:04 -0500, Tim O > wrote:
>I stress out about racing clean in multiplayer racing sims/games,
>nearly to the point where it can remove the fun for...
Forum: Simulators November 28th 10, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 33
Posted By GaryR
Anyone got any thoughts on PS3/GT5?

Andrew - considering that iRacing is $99 per year and usually comes
with a bunch of iRacing dollars to buy extra cars or tracks (it's a
$30 credit right now) and a PS3 and an game is close to $300......
Forum: Simulators October 30th 10, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By GaryR
iRacing finally gets its act together

Thanks Andrew, I just went on and am downloading the MX5 now, along
with almost 600MB of updates!! I was going to wait until the Porsche
Club track season was totally over up here in the northeast...
Forum: Simulators September 29th 10, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By GaryR
whoo-hooo easports quits nascar

No comment on it's possible quality but after having played every
Nascar sim since there was a Nascar sim I can say without reservation
that (IMO) for full field online play and realism there is...
Forum: Simulators September 3rd 10, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By GaryR
Ferrari Launches Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

No doubt this is going to be a good F1 sim but it looks like it will
just be lapping/time trials in one car from what I read, no racing. Or
did I miss something?

GR

>On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 20:41:18...
Forum: Simulators June 18th 10, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By GaryR
Real Feel Needed

>On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 06:45:24 -0700 (PDT), Pat Dotson > wrote:
>Found a link that works;
>
>http://rs125.rapidshare.com/files/14...lfeel_v092.rar

The letters between 14 and...
Forum: Simulators June 15th 10, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 17
Posted By GaryR
iRacing hits 9000 axctive drivers in May

Mine ran out also, will renew this winter when RL race season ends....
maybe.

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:49:02 -0700 (PDT), Pat Dotson > wrote:
>> Hard to say, no one publishes...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 83