Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bob mullen
Forum: Technology April 23rd 14, 06:08 PM Posted to comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad,misc.legal,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 82
Posted By bob mullen
Traffic accidents go down as cell phone usage goes up

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 10:55:37 -0400, nospam wrote:

> the reduction in fatalities has been trending down before
> there were cellphones and continues to trend down even though cellphone
> use is...
Forum: Technology April 23rd 14, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,ca.driving,misc.legal
Replies: 26
Posted By bob mullen
What is the California law regarding dash cam time & placard & location limits?

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 18:40:18 -0400, richard wrote:

> You don't understand what this means?
> The camera is always recording.as you drive.
> When the event happens, a second file is generated that...
Forum: Technology April 22nd 14, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,ca.driving,misc.legal

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 07:45:55 +0000 (UTC), Tegger wrote:

> California is a "two party consent" state.

These are the dozen all-party consent states:
California
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Illinois
Forum: Technology April 22nd 14, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,ca.driving,misc.legal

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 18:07:43 -0400, Retired wrote:

> Are the cameras covered by this law aimed at the driver in the
> vehicle, or aimed at the road in front ? Or what ?

Interestingly, they are...
Forum: Technology April 21st 14, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,ca.driving,misc.legal

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 16:24:58 -0400, Steve W. wrote:

> http://thelosangelescriminaldefenseblog.com/new-california-law-allows-video-cameras-in-car-what-it-means/
Forum: Technology April 21st 14, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,ca.driving,misc.legal
Replies: 26
Posted By bob mullen
What is the California law regarding dash cam time & placard & location limits?

I'm told there is a law in California that "allows" dash
cams, but that there are specific "requirements".

I was told that the requirements a
a. Can only last for 30 seconds (even after a...
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6