Showing results 1 to 25 of 172
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Oppie[_7_]
Forum: Saturn August 27th 14, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Sticky electric steering

Hi Dave-
When the weather got warmer, the binding/stiction problem went away. I have
a feeling that it is the left front strut mount that is binding. Will see if
it comes back and replace the strut...
Forum: Saturn August 27th 14, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 0
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
2009 Vue XE

Happy to say that the Vue is running well and giving me an average 29 mpg
highway. One thing odd though. I often leave the rear gate open for an hour
or more when doing work. The interior lights...
Forum: Saturn May 5th 14, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Sticky electric steering

Of course, now that the weather has gotten nice again, the problem seems to
have gone away...
I might still disconnect the tie rod and check for any rough movement.

"Oppie" > wrote...
Forum: Saturn April 27th 14, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
2002 Saturn SL hesitates

Have you changed the fuel filter?
Also, is this a sudden occurrence, possibly since the last time you got gas?
Often any water that is in the fuel works its way into the fuel filter where
it...
Forum: Saturn February 28th 14, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
1996 SW2 pulsed rattle under hood

> wrote in message
> Hi all. A few days ago my '96 SW2 DOHC began emitting about a half a
> second of rattle,...
Forum: Saturn February 25th 14, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
burning oil...?

I assume that it is not leaking anywhere?
Possibilities are something in the PCV system where oil is getting sucked
back into the intake, worn valve stem seals where the oil gets into the
intake or...
Forum: Saturn January 25th 14, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 0
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Vue Rear Wiper

Went looking for a replacement rear wiper blade today for the '09 Vue XE.
The Trico display showed a recommended 10-1 blade. Remains of the old blade
were a bit longer than 11" - the 10" blade...
Forum: Saturn January 15th 14, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Sticky electric steering

Looks to be the left front strut mount bearing. Ran the steering wheel back
and forth just a degree or two and felt along the steering and suspension
components for the "stiction". Was most notable...
Forum: Saturn December 23rd 13, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Sticky electric steering

The '09 Vue XE 2.4L with electric assist steering started to get a bit hard
steering. Very slight movements caused a creaking/groaning sound. Has
anybody seen this?

Though at first that it may be...
Forum: Saturn November 30th 13, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Saturn Vue key blank to open door

"Orval Fairbairn" > wrote in message
> In article...
Forum: Saturn November 14th 13, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 0
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Freeze warning

On this cold morning in NY, I got into the '09 Vue and as I started the
engine, noticed that the information display was cautioning me that Ice was
possible and to drive carefully. It only seems to...
Forum: Saturn October 30th 13, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 0
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
I've got to re-read my owner's manual again

Was driving to work today in the '09 Vue. The radio has a volume adjust
right on the steering wheel and I was going to increase volume. Control
wheel seemed sticky and I had worked it up and down...
Forum: Saturn August 24th 13, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
P0842 fault code

Looks like the pressure switch has three signals, A, B and C. High = battery
voltage and low = 0 Volts. For all normal conditions, the A line is always
high. Any open circuit either due to a bad...
Forum: Saturn August 24th 13, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
P0842 fault code

"SMS" > wrote in message
> On 8/22/2013 8:33 PM, Oppie wrote:
>> Predictably, the morning that we were supposed to leave on...
Forum: Saturn August 23rd 13, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
P0842 fault code

Predictably, the morning that we were supposed to leave on vacation, the Vue
started shifting very roughly. I had filled the tank the night before so
suspected bad fuel. Put in a can of drygas and...
Forum: Saturn August 9th 13, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Key blanks for the Vue

"ryan42" > wrote in message
> Oppie wrote:
>> I thought it might be prudent to have a spare key on my key ring -
>> separate from the fob...
Forum: Saturn August 2nd 13, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 0
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
The Vue in Vermont

Left for vacation the other day for the mountains of Vermont. Normally get
about 30 mpg highway on flat ground. With the rooftop carrier and a kayak,
mpg went down to about 26 which isn't as bad as...
Forum: Saturn July 18th 13, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Key blanks for the Vue

I thought it might be prudent to have a spare key on my key ring - separate
from the fob just in case the key gets locked inside the car. One never
knows when the vehicle may just lock itself when...
Forum: Saturn July 18th 13, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Paint codes?

"Oppie" > wrote in message
> Part of the mystery is that the dealer says the body paint is "deep blue"
> while "imperial blue", code 403P, is...
Forum: Saturn July 17th 13, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Noise conspiracy?

"Fred" > wrote in message
> Just got a new exhaust system at Midas. It needed everything from the head
> pipe back.
> Car seems more noisy...
Forum: Saturn July 3rd 13, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Paint codes?

Part of the mystery is that the dealer says the body paint is "deep blue"
while "imperial blue", code 403P, is listed by duplicolor and the like. I am
assuming that the top coat is clear and not...
Forum: Saturn July 2nd 13, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Paint codes?

I found the label that is supposed to have the paint codes for my '09 Vue.
It was in the glove box left sidewall. Label was headed with "Service Parts
Identification"

Last line was
"waterbased...
Forum: Saturn June 11th 13, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Bye, bye '01 Saturn and Hello '09 Vue

"David T. Johnson" > wrote in message
> Oppie wrote:
>> The '01 lw300 has almost 203K miles on it. Last few weeks, something was
Forum: Saturn June 4th 13, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Bye, bye Saturn?

"ryan42" > wrote in message
> Oppie wrote:
>> "ryan42" > wrote in message
Forum: Saturn June 2nd 13, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Oppie[_7_]
Bye, bye Saturn?