Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 1.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ken MacKay
Forum: Simulators June 10th 10, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 17
Posted By Ken MacKay
iRacing hits 9000 axctive drivers in May

On 6/9/2010 9:35 PM, rcgldr wrote:
>>> So the drop out rate is about matching the sign up rate?
>
>> Hard to say, no one publishes the "didn't renew" numbers. ;-) Could
>> be that some that signed up...
Forum: Simulators June 9th 10, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

On 6/9/2010 1:45 AM, rcgldr wrote:
>> BTW the number of drivers that are active each week has been around
>> 6000-7000 for about the past 6 months.
>
> So the drop out rate is about matching the sign...
Forum: Simulators June 8th 10, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

On 6/8/2010 4:54 AM, Andrew MacPherson wrote:
> (rcgldr) wrote:
>
>> I thought they had exceeded 10,000 in the past, at least in the
>> oval series, with something like 14,000 total...
Forum: Simulators March 11th 09, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By Ken MacKay
Good offer from iRacing... 50% off for ex-subscribers

Or could be that they don't have a "critical mass" in terms of enough
drivers to make the system work. If there aren't enough drivers then
things like splitting drivers on to servers according to...
Forum: Simulators August 8th 08, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 140
Posted By Ken MacKay
iRacing... help... must... resist!

Andrew MacPherson wrote:
> Good evening to all our regular viewers here on really.andrew.shut_up!

LOL! Well if nothing else your hard earned money has gone to keeping a
few of us here...
Forum: Simulators August 6th 08, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 140
Posted By Ken MacKay
iRacing... help... must... resist!

Larry wrote:
> One other thing, and a lot of people miss this. For races/TT's to
count
> towards promotion, you must race IN-CLASS. You can race up, and you can
> race down, but only IN-CLASS...
Forum: Simulators August 6th 08, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 140
Posted By Ken MacKay
iRacing... help... must... resist!

That big jump was not because of were you finished (SR is never affected
by where you finish, really). What happened is you got about another
+0.1 and it put you over 3. The system automatically...
Forum: Simulators July 16th 08, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Ken MacKay
rFRacing

Larry wrote:
> Tell me that doesn't sound familiar !

I thought I did. ;-) However one big difference, I can have my league
racing on my own server and still have the results count. For now all I...
Forum: Simulators July 16th 08, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Ken MacKay
rFRacing

Great idea. Seems familiar some how... ;-)

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3842709#post3842709

http://rfracing.net/
Forum: Simulators June 24th 08, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By Ken MacKay
Understeer vs Oversteer

MikeWhy wrote:
> If you ask me, this is the dead give away of the lack of understanding.
> Have traction circle left over to "turn inside" your opponents is much
> less a function of...
Forum: Simulators June 19th 08, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 14
Posted By Ken MacKay
And the next chapter begins...

Never had any doubt that they listen to feedback. Have seem some things
change as a direct result of it. Iracing staff seem to be very
receptive to criticism and suggestions, they just can't...
Forum: Simulators June 18th 08, 11:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 14
Posted By Ken MacKay
And the next chapter begins...

Uwe Schürkamp wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 15:11:57 GMT, Ken MacKay wrote:
>> So yeah, I'm curious as to what changed his mind so drastically to opt
>> for a 6 month sub (especially when 1 and 3...
Forum: Simulators June 17th 08, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 14
Posted By Ken MacKay
And the next chapter begins...

Larry wrote:
> The SIM is in limited public release. It is out of Beta.

But the official party line is "It's not finished yet. It never will be.
We will constantly improve it and add things over...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13