AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Rear window plastic (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=20484)

Don Benton December 22nd 04 03:10 PM

Rear window plastic

I saw a rear window plastic repair kit on ebay which required one to
cut out the old window and glue in the new one. The kits run around
$50.

Has anyone has any experience with this?

DonB

Lanny Chambers December 22nd 04 06:18 PM

In article >,
Don Benton > wrote:

> I saw a rear window plastic repair kit on ebay which required one to
> cut out the old window and glue in the new one. The kits run around
> $50.
>
> Has anyone has any experience with this?

The previous owner of my Miata had an auto top shop sew in a new piece
of plastic. That was at least 8 years ago, and it's still fine. I'd
check local top and boat upholstery shops before spending $50 on eBay
for a $2 piece of plastic.

--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
'94C