AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Cleaning rear glass??? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=119407)

KLATTU February 23rd 07 10:53 AM

Cleaning rear glass???

Is there any way to the rear glass in a 2001 GT to clean it all the
way down to the bottom. Is it a chore to take the rear deck out to
get to the glass?

KLATTU

Big Al[_1_] February 23rd 07 03:14 PM

Cleaning rear glass???

"KLATTU" > wrote in message
> Is there any way to the rear glass in a 2001 GT to clean it all the
> way down to the bottom. Is it a chore to take the rear deck out to
> get to the glass?

While we're talking about glass. What's the best way to remove the film on
the inside of the glass that I'm assuming is from the plastic interior out
gassing? All I seem to be able to do is smear it. Tried Windex. Has to be
something that cuts it.

Al

ocean February 23rd 07 09:14 PM

Cleaning rear glass???

"Big Al" > wrote in
:

> "KLATTU" > wrote in message
>> Is there any way to the rear glass in a 2001 GT to clean it all
>> the
>> way down to the bottom. Is it a chore to take the rear deck out to
>> get to the glass?
>>

> While we're talking about glass. What's the best way to remove the
> film on the inside of the glass that I'm assuming is from the plastic
> interior out gassing? All I seem to be able to do is smear it. Tried
> Windex. Has to be something that cuts it.
>
> Al

Use newpaper and windex. The newpaper will pick up the firm rather than
smear it.

Get Anonymous, Uncensored, Access to West and East Coast Server Farms at!
----== Highest Retention and Completion Rates! HTTP://WWW.NEWSGROUPS.COM ==----

Rick Olive February 24th 07 05:03 PM

Cleaning rear glass???

ocean wrote:
> "Big Al" > wrote in
> :
>

>>"KLATTU" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Is there any way to the rear glass in a 2001 GT to clean it all
>>> the
>>>way down to the bottom. Is it a chore to take the rear deck out to
>>>get to the glass?
>>>

>>While we're talking about glass. What's the best way to remove the
>>film on the inside of the glass that I'm assuming is from the plastic
>>interior out gassing? All I seem to be able to do is smear it. Tried
>>Windex. Has to be something that cuts it.
>>
>>Al
>>

> Use newpaper and windex. The newpaper will pick up the firm rather than
> smear it.

> Get Anonymous, Uncensored, Access to West and East Coast Server Farms at!
> ----== Highest Retention and Completion Rates! HTTP://WWW.NEWSGROUPS.COM ==----

Stoner Invisible Glass with cheap paper towel or newspaper. Buff out
with clean cloth (NO fabric softeners) then RainX anti-fog. PITA, but if
you're gonna do it...