AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   F20A fuel pump (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=11039)

zoominbyu October 10th 04 04:30 PM

F20A fuel pump

I really need to know what the fuel pump psi is supposed to be for the jdm
F20A engine. i have a F22A1 pump and it killed my acceleration in first
gear below 2500 rpm. If someone knows or can find out the psi i would be
very greatful. Ive been all over the web looking but cannot find it.for
further info the f22a1 pump is : with reg. vacuum hose attatched-30-38psi
with reg. vacuum hose disconnected-40-47psi

Caroline October 10th 04 05:12 PM

I see the following engine designations on the net:
F20A Honda Accord 2.0Si (JDM) 1990-1993
F22A1 Honda Accord 1990-1993
F22A1 Honda Prelude S 1992-1996

http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/AccordManual/400/6-209.pdf says for the 1991-1993
Accord (includes 2.0 L and 2.2 L engines)
29-35 psi vac hose connected
35-41 psi vac hose disconnected
I'm betting these are for the smaller engine.

www.autozone.com , free repair guides, repair info, electric fuel pump (near the
bottom) states that the 1988-1991 Accord fuel pressure should be 36-41 psi, vac
hose disconnected. This figure jives with the UK site figures above for what I
think is the smaller engine. Also, the autozone site says the 1992-93 Accord =
40-47 psi (vac hose disconn), suggesting this is for the larger engine's
pressures, like those you give below for the F22.

My 1991 1.5 Liter Civic also has a spec of 35-41 psi (vac hose disconn), from my
Chilton's manual.

"zoominbyu" > wrote