AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   TT (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=54211)

Harry January 16th 06 06:53 AM

TT

is it a transverse engine........

R@L January 16th 06 11:39 AM

TT

"Harry" > wrote in message
> is it a transverse engine........

All Audi's are the same in that respect.

Ronald

Guy King January 16th 06 12:06 PM

TT

The message >
from "R@L" > contains these words:

> > is it a transverse engine........
> >

> All Audi's are the same in that respect.

Really? Mine's longitudinal.

--
Skipweasel

daytripper January 16th 06 02:10 PM

TT

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:39:33 +0100, "R@L" > wrote:

>"Harry" > wrote in message
>> is it a transverse engine........
>>

>All Audi's are the same in that respect.
>
>Ronald

So very, very wrong....

Harry January 16th 06 06:31 PM

TT

"Harry" > wrote in message
> is it a transverse engine........

its OK the TT is..........

R@L January 16th 06 06:32 PM

TT

"daytripper" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:39:33 +0100, "R@L" > wrote:
>

>>"Harry" > wrote in message
>>> is it a transverse engine........
>>>

>>All Audi's are the same in that respect.
>>
>>Ronald

> So very, very wrong....

Oops. English is not my native lanquage, sorry.
All Audi's have the same engine placement where VW has queer placed engines
mostly.

Ronald

Guy King January 16th 06 08:16 PM

TT

The message >
from "R@L" > contains these words:

> All Audi's have the same engine placement where VW has queer placed engines
> mostly.

No they don't. My '93 A100 TDi has an inline engine - some other Audis
have transverse engines.

--
Skipweasel

daytripper January 16th 06 08:46 PM

TT

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:32:08 +0100, "R@L" > wrote:

>"daytripper" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>All Audi's are the same in that respect.
>>>
>>>Ronald

>> So very, very wrong....

>Oops. English is not my native lanquage, sorry.

Your English is just fine. That isn't your problem.

>All Audi's have the same engine placement where VW has queer placed engines
>mostly.

You are still wrong about Audis.

Some have transverse mounted engines. The TT is an example.
Some have longitudinally mounted engines. My S4 is an example.

Cheers

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd

Guy King January 16th 06 09:33 PM

TT

The message >
from "R@L" > contains these words:

> All Audi's have the same engine placement

No.

http://tinyurl.com/bslc3 (transverse)
http://tinyurl.com/7rh7h (longitudinal)

--
Skipweasel

Chris Bartram January 16th 06 09:52 PM

TT

Guy King wrote:
> The message >
> from "R@L" > contains these words:
>
>> All Audi's have the same engine placement where VW has queer placed engines
>> mostly.

> No they don't. My '93 A100 TDi has an inline engine - some other Audis
> have transverse engines.

A2, A3 and TT (and the Audi 50!) have transverse engines. I think all
the others have longitudinal. Most VWs have transverse engines: the
modern exception being Mk1, 2 and 5 passats.