AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   98 Civic Speedo replacement (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=11196)

disallow November 2nd 04 03:39 PM

98 Civic Speedo replacement

Hi people,

I have a 98 Civic LX, and up here in canada that means its a
bare nuts vehicle, not even a tach! I've seen a whackload
of these clusters on ebay, I assume that most people
replace with JDMs or something.

So I want a tach, but I have a few questions about that:

1. Does the new cluster just drop in and work? or will I
have to run a wire for the tach?

2. All the clusters on ebay are in US measurements (ie
MPH), and I need KM/H and Kms for the odometer. The
question here is, can I just swap my current speedo gauge
into the new cluster (thus also avoiding any funny
business with swapping Odometers)? The scale is the same
on the gauge. The only concern I have is that the
odometer is going to be reading wrong. Are my suspicions
correct?

Thanks for any replies.