AutoBanter

-   Old Timers Photos (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Postcard Roeselare, Belgium (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=240353)

John[_42_] February 24th 08 03:40 PM

Postcard Roeselare, Belgium

This is a postcard of the street where i live (Roeselare, Belgium)
http://imglarge.delcampe.com/img_lar...55_001.jpg?v=1

Take a look at the cars
Is it possible to tell when this picture was made (+/- year)

TIA

John Bradley February 24th 08 05:01 PM

Postcard Roeselare, Belgium

ca 1954 perhaps?
Yetta Nother John

--
Vote for Ponzi - the US economy depends on him!

MagisterMax February 25th 08 12:56 AM

Postcard Roeselare, Belgium

Hello John, That picture reminds me quite a lot of a street in Almelo,
Nederland, where I used to live. Judging from the newest car in the image,
the Taunus parked on the left, this would have to be no earlier than 1952,
the year this model 12M was introduced. The Chevrolet further back is from
1950 so that doesn't help. So, it all depends on how old that Taunus was
when the photo was taken but it was not before 1952.

max

John[_42_] February 29th 08 10:18 AM

MagisterMax schreef:
> Hello John, That picture reminds me quite a lot of a street in Almelo,
> Nederland, where I used to live. Judging from the newest car in the image,
> the Taunus parked on the left, this would have to be no earlier than 1952,
> the year this model 12M was introduced. The Chevrolet further back is from
> 1950 so that doesn't help. So, it all depends on how old that Taunus was
> when the photo was taken but it was not before 1952.

Hartelijke dank,
met deze onderbouwing kan ik verder.