AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2003 Pilot Clunking Calipers (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=23815)

John Casey February 10th 05 12:45 AM

2003 Pilot Clunking Calipers

Has anyone had any experience with the brake calipers clunking on the first
brake application after changing direction? The dealer says this is normal
for this car. I told them it's bull for a $35K car to make that kind of
noise.

Thanks,
John C.

disallow February 10th 05 01:07 AM

That happens on my 98 civic. Could be faulty
installation of brake pads, but probably normal.

John Ings February 10th 05 02:57 AM

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 19:45:37 -0500, "John Casey"

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/Brakes.html#click

Abeness February 10th 05 03:11 AM

John Ings wrote:
>>Has anyone had any experience with the brake calipers clunking on the first
>>brake application after changing direction? The dealer says this is normal
>>for this car. I told them it's bull for a $35K car to make that kind of
>>noise.

> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/Brakes.html#click

Unfortunately the link to the PDF there is broken.

zonie February 10th 05 03:14 AM

My 04 accord does the same thing. Im not going to worry about it.

Jale February 10th 05 03:32 AM

In article >,
John Ings > wrote:

> lunking on the first
> >brake application after changing direction? The dealer

Better yet: The TSB 032604 is quite specific:

Component Description:
17. SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC
Bulletin Number: 032604
Bulletin Date: MAR 2004
Vehicle: 2003 Honda Pilot

FIRST TIME THE BRAKES ARE APPLIED AFTER CHANGING DIRECTION FROM FORWARD
TO REVERSE OR VICE-VERSA. *TT

motsco_ _ February 10th 05 06:54 AM

John Casey wrote:
> Has anyone had any experience with the brake calipers clunking on the first
> brake application after changing direction? The dealer says this is normal
> for this car. I told them it's bull for a $35K car to make that kind of
> noise.
>
> Thanks,
> John C.

----------------------

I know some newer CR-Vs have that problem, but you could sign in and
search the Pilot forum and articles he

http://www.hondasuv.com/stg/viewforum.php?f=26

'Curly'

John Ings February 10th 05 02:47 PM

On 10 Feb 2005 05:41:05 GMT, "TeGGer®" > wrote:

>T'ain't normal. There's a TSB.

But is it harmful? Or is the fix just to placate fussy customers?

Abeness February 10th 05 03:52 PM

TeGGer® wrote:
> Yep. I just fixed it, sorry.

Thanks, Tegger.

John Casey February 11th 05 12:45 AM

Thank you all for your help. Your links to the various sites are most
useful.

John