AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   why do so many add-on tracks not work? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=78767)

[email protected] November 21st 06 02:08 AM

why do so many add-on tracks not work?

I saw one of the websites reccommended yesterday, so I went there and
downloaded several tracks for N2003. Of the dozen tracks I tried,
only dragonnett and Daytona in a can worked.

Others, like stunt track, mission demo, Cumbica, Grand Detour and a
few others wouldn't work. It would say not able to load track,
cancelling weekend.

I just extracted the folders into the tracks folder. Is there
something missing from the folders, or is there a secret to installing
them?

Thanks.

Larry[_1_] November 21st 06 01:58 PM

why do so many add-on tracks not work?

I've run Stunt Track. I know that one works.

You may have something else going on. Do you have the last NR2003 patch
installed?

-Larry

[email protected] November 21st 06 09:27 PM

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:58:20 -0500, "Larry" > wrote:

>I've run Stunt Track. I know that one works.
>
>You may have something else going on. Do you have the last NR2003 patch
>installed?
>
>-Larry
>
> wrote in message
.. .
>>I saw one of the websites reccommended yesterday, so I went there and
>> downloaded several tracks for N2003. Of the dozen tracks I tried,
>> only dragonnett and Daytona in a can worked.
>>
>> Others, like stunt track, mission demo, Cumbica, Grand Detour and a
>> few others wouldn't work. It would say not able to load track,
>> cancelling weekend.
>>
>> I just extracted the folders into the tracks folder. Is there
>> something missing from the folders, or is there a secret to installing
>> them?
>>
>> Thanks.

that did the trick. I must have forgotten to install it last time.
Now everything works, except for Daytona 80 degrees. That one still
kicks me back to the desktop.

Thanks for the tip.

Larry[_1_] November 21st 06 09:42 PM

why do so many add-on tracks not work?

Daytona 80 degree's ? Good God man.

-Larry

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:58:20 -0500, "Larry" > wrote:
>
>>I've run Stunt Track. I know that one works.
>>
>>You may have something else going on. Do you have the last NR2003 patch
>>installed?
>>
>>-Larry

. ..

Darus November 21st 06 10:27 PM

Larry wrote:
> Daytona 80 degree's ? Good God man.
>
> -Larry

Pace laps must be fun?!?!?

Larry[_1_] November 22nd 06 03:39 PM

why do so many add-on tracks not work?

Where is this Daytona 80 Deg track? I just gotta see this train wreck :)

-Larry

oups.com...

[email protected] November 22nd 06 05:55 PM

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:39:40 -0500, "Larry" > wrote:

>Where is this Daytona 80 Deg track? I just gotta see this train wreck :)
>
>-Larry

I ca't find the place where I got it. I can post it here if nobody
minds. It's about 9MB.

Larry[_1_] November 22nd 06 06:37 PM

why do so many add-on tracks not work?

We have a binaries group.

It's over-run with thieves, but we'll see it :)

-larry

[email protected] November 22nd 06 07:24 PM

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:37:49 -0500, "Larry" > wrote:

>We have a binaries group.
>
>It's over-run with thieves, but we'll see it :)
>
>-larry

It's posting to alt.binaries.simulators.autos.

Let me know if you get it to work. I can usually practice for a few
laps, then it goes back to the desktop. If I try to start a race, it
goes directly to the desktop as soon as I hit the DRIVE button.

[email protected] November 22nd 06 07:43 PM

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:24:03 GMT, wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:37:49 -0500, "Larry" > wrote:
>
>>We have a binaries group.
>>
>>It's over-run with thieves, but we'll see it :)
>>
>>-larry
>>

>It's posting to alt.binaries.simulators.autos.
>
>Let me know if you get it to work. I can usually practice for a few
>laps, then it goes back to the desktop. If I try to start a race, it
>goes directly to the desktop as soon as I hit the DRIVE button.

It must have something to do with other cars on the track. I just ran
a test session for over 12 minutes and it worked OK. Then I switched
to single race, practice. As soon as another car gets on the track,
I'm back to desktop.