AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Is there anything worse than changing the sidelights on a 156? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=364294)

Catman December 11th 10 12:41 PM

Is there anything worse than changing the sidelights on a 156?

Apparently so.....
116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Ivan[_3_] December 11th 10 03:00 PM

"Catman" > wrote in message
> Apparently so.....

Welcome to GT ownership; yes?

--
Ivan.

Alfa GT
Ex 156 2.5 V6 Veloce
Ex 156 Selespeed (RIP 22 May 03)
Ex 145 QV
Ex 33 16v QV
Ex 33 QV series 1

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5694 (20101211) __________

http://www.eset.com

TonyB December 11th 10 04:18 PM

"Catman" > wrote in message
> Apparently so.....
> --
> Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3
> Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright (Remove rust to reply)
> 116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
> Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
> #www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

On my Discovery I had to remove the rear seats to change the brake light
bulbs.

However, changing them for LED bulbs means they'll never fail again.

TonyB

Catman December 11th 10 05:32 PM

On 11/12/2010 15:00, Ivan wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Apparently so.....

> Welcome to GT ownership; yes?

You're not *kidding*.

And even worse, I can't get a bleeding replacement.

Catman December 11th 10 05:32 PM

On 11/12/2010 16:18, TonyB wrote:

> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> Apparently so.....
>> --
>> Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3
>> Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright (Remove rust to reply)
>> 116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
>> Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
>> #www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

> On my Discovery I had to remove the rear seats to change the brake light
> bulbs.

*boggle*

R C Nesbit December 11th 10 08:42 PM

Is there anything worse than changing the sidelights on a 156?

Catman spoke:
> On 11/12/2010 16:18, TonyB wrote:
> >
> > On my Discovery I had to remove the rear seats to change the brake light
> > bulbs.
> >

> *boggle*

My old Jeep Cherokee I had to remove the bull-bars, bumper, grill, and
headlight assembly to change a front headlight bulb.

In winter, in the dark, in the snow!

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

Zathras December 11th 10 09:08 PM

Is there anything worse than changing the sidelights on a 156?

Oh yes. Try replacing the headlight washer stop valve inside the front
valence!!

Front wheels off, inner wings off, front bumper off..except you can't
on a 2.4JTD due to impossible access to one bolt on LHS. The second
time it happened, I just disconnected the headlamp washer system!

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)

Catman December 12th 10 12:05 AM

On 11/12/2010 20:42, R C Nesbit wrote:
> Catman spoke:
>> On 11/12/2010 16:18, TonyB wrote:
>>>
>>> On my Discovery I had to remove the rear seats to change the brake light
>>> bulbs.
>>>

>> *boggle*

> My old Jeep Cherokee I had to remove the bull-bars, bumper, grill, and
> headlight assembly to change a front headlight bulb.
>
> In winter, in the dark, in the snow!

Nasty!

Catman December 12th 10 12:06 AM

On 11/12/2010 21:08, Zathras wrote:
> Oh yes. Try replacing the headlight washer stop valve inside the front
> valence!!

Why in the name of god would I want to do that?

> Front wheels off, inner wings off, front bumper off..except you can't
> on a 2.4JTD due to impossible access to one bolt on LHS. The second
> time it happened, I just disconnected the headlamp washer system!

GAMI ;)

Dave Savage[_3_] December 12th 10 08:58 AM

"Catman" > wrote in message
> Apparently so.....
> --
> Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3
> Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright (Remove rust to reply)
> 116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
> Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
> #www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

In 12 years of 156 ownership (crap grammar, but it's early in the day) I
have never heard anybody claim that they could change the front indicator
bulb on a 156. I still reckon it's impossible.

Dave S.... :>))