AutoBanter

-   Auto Photos (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Old Photo - Unknown Car 3 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=242144)

Andrew B March 2nd 08 12:15 AM

Old Photo - Unknown Car 3

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure if this was 30's or more likely 40's.
--
Andrew

Paddy's Pig[_3_] March 2nd 08 12:28 AM

Old Photo - Unknown Car 3

"Andrew B" > wrote in message
> Not sure if this was 30's or more likely 40's.

This is a 1930 Ford Model A Touring Car.
--
Pat Durkin

Paddy's Pig[_3_] March 2nd 08 12:36 AM

Old Photo - Unknown Car 3

"Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message

> This is a 1930 Ford Model A Touring Car.

Also called a Phaeton.
--
Pat Durkin

Andrew B March 2nd 08 01:14 AM

Old Photo - Unknown Car 3

"Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message
> "Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message
>
>> This is a 1930 Ford Model A Touring Car.

> Also called a Phaeton.
> --
> Pat Durkin

Thank you very much for that information Pat it helps I think to tie the
photo into my fathers time with the Royal Tank Corps in India between 1932
and 1938.
--
Andrew

HEMI - Powered March 2nd 08 04:13 AM

Old Photo - Unknown Car 3

Paddy's Pig added these comments in the current discussion du jour

>> Not sure if this was 30's or more likely 40's.

> This is a 1930 Ford Model A Touring Car.

judging by the paint fill in the radiator shell, I'd peg this car
as a 1931.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"

Paddy's Pig[_3_] March 2nd 08 04:59 AM

Old Photo - Unknown Car 3

"Andrew B" > wrote in message
om...

>> Also called a Phaeton.
>> --
>> Pat Durkin

> Thank you very much for that information Pat it helps I think to tie the
> photo into my fathers time with the Royal Tank Corps in India between 1932
> and 1938.

You're more than welcome Andrew. Incidentally, for clarity's sake the 1930
and 1931 Model A's have a similar appearance. A handy rule to follow if you
ever need to tell them apart is that the 1930 models have a vertical split
in the so-called fender apron. It's visible in your picture just ahead of
the little jockey box on the RH running board. If the car were a 1931 model
that fender apron is solid from front to back.

The earlier Model A's --- the '28 and '29 models, have other distinguishing
features that could easily be missed by a casual viewer but stand out very
plainly to knowledgeable eyes. Mike G is our resident scholar on model
differentiation and he may be able to provide some illustrations.

Welcome to the group. Make yourself at home.
--
Pat Durkin

Mike G. March 2nd 08 08:21 AM

Old Photo - Unknown Car 3

1 Attachment(s)
I've got one I put together......
Plus a Word document.......
Mike

--
Do not value the things you have in your life,
but value who you have in your life!

Andrew B March 2nd 08 12:35 PM

Old Photo - Unknown Car 3

"HEMI - Powered" > wrote in message
> Paddy's Pig added these comments in the current discussion du jour
>
>>> Not sure if this was 30's or more likely 40's.

>> This is a 1930 Ford Model A Touring Car.

> judging by the paint fill in the radiator shell, I'd peg this car
> as a 1931.
>
> --
> HP, aka Jerry
>
> "Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
> "Airplane!"

Thank you HP, putting it into the very early 1930's is close enough for me
to get it into the right period of my fathers life.
--
Andrew.

Andrew B March 2nd 08 12:36 PM

Old Photo - Unknown Car 3

"Mike G." > wrote in message
m...
> I've got one I put together......
> Plus a Word document.......
> Mike
>
> --
> Do not value the things you have in your life,
> but value who you have in your life!

Thank you for the information Mike, I find it very interesting that there
were small changes made during the years of production just as there still
are today. Since posting the picture I have found another identical photo
that says on the back that it was taken in Peshawar, North
West Frontier Provence, India (now Pakistan).
--
Andrew

Mike G. March 2nd 08 04:05 PM

Old Photo - Unknown Car 3

1 Attachment(s)
top of radiator is not paint filled, that is a reflection so it's a 30
paint filled section is indented on the 31's