AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Texas: money talks and dui walks... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=399514)

necromancer[_7_] December 13th 13 01:06 PM

Texas: money talks and dui walks...

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/msszko8

No surprise that this was in Texas: teenager with wealthy parents
walks with 10 years probation after conviction for dui in the deaths
of four people.

You can bet that someone who was middle or lower class (i.e. works for
a living) and/or is black would have gotten 10 years in prison for the
same offense. The sooner we give TX back to Mexico, the batter.
--
Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS says that
drinking and driving is acceptable:

"Oh no - drinking and driving are constitutional rights."
--Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS, 1/3/09

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/85hpur
Msg ID:

Brent[_4_] December 13th 13 03:14 PM

On 2013-12-13, necromancer <Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:
> Ref: http://tinyurl.com/msszko8
>
> No surprise that this was in Texas: teenager with wealthy parents
> walks with 10 years probation after conviction for dui in the deaths
> of four people.
>
> You can bet that someone who was middle or lower class (i.e. works for
> a living) and/or is black would have gotten 10 years in prison for the
> same offense. The sooner we give TX back to Mexico, the batter.

Um, this and worse happens in every state in the union.

[email protected] December 13th 13 05:02 PM

Texas: money talks and dui walks...

Oops necro: I think you P-O'd a Texastani! ;)

harry k December 13th 13 05:31 PM

On Friday, December 13, 2013 5:06:25 AM UTC-8, necromancer wrote:
> Ref: http://tinyurl.com/msszko8
> No surprise that this was in Texas: teenager with wealthy parents
> walks with 10 years probation after conviction for dui in the deaths
> of four people.

> You can bet that someone who was middle or lower class (i.e. works for
> a living) and/or is black would have gotten 10 years in prison for the
> same offense. The sooner we give TX back to Mexico, the batter.

That was on the news last night. Defense main argument boiled down to "He was too rich to know right from wrong".

It won't be the last time we hear about this spoiled brat.

Harry K

Arif Khokar December 15th 13 06:28 AM

On 12/13/2013 08:06 AM, necromancer wrote:
> Ref: http://tinyurl.com/msszko8
>
> No surprise that this was in Texas: teenager with wealthy parents
> walks with 10 years probation after conviction for dui in the deaths
> of four people.

If we actually prosecuted based on the effect rather than the perceived
cause, then the punishment would be a lot more consistent. I honestly
don't care if the driver was under the influence of alcohol or whether
they were reaching down to pick something up from the passenger
floorboard. If they end up killing 4 people because of that, the
punishment should be based on the result (4 people dead) rather than the
cause (DUI or inattentive driving).