AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Honda Accord EX V4 vs. V6 -- pros and cons? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=438748)

[email protected] June 19th 17 11:23 AM

Honda Accord EX V4 vs. V6 -- pros and cons?

I have owned 2 v6's, both coupes. A 2008 standard shift and a 2015 automatic which I currently drive.

I have test driven the 4 cylinders. The latter are good cars but the 6 Accord engine is exceptional. The car is smoother than the 4,quieter and if you like oomph the extra 100 odd hp make a huge difference. At $35,000.00 it is a relative bargain compared to the infinitys and Lexus' out there.

Elmo P. Shagnasty June 19th 17 11:50 AM

On 2017-06-19 10:23:11 +0000, said:

> I have owned 2 v6's, both coupes. A 2008 standard shift and a 2015
> automatic which I currently drive.
>
> I have test driven the 4 cylinders. The latter are good cars but the 6
> Accord engine is exceptional. The car is smoother than the 4,quieter
> and if you like oomph the extra 100 odd hp make a huge difference. At
> $35,000.00 it is a relative bargain compared to the infinitys and
> Lexus' out there.

And if you want one, buy one now--because no more 6 cylinder Accords
starting in 2018.

If you want an American Honda Motor Manufacturing sedan with a 6
cylinder, you'll have to go Acura.

Anyway, the true bargain is the used Infiniti and Lexus market. WAY
better cars that Honda nowadays, *especially* in the 6 cylinder world
that Honda never truly adapted to.

Between 1998 and 2005, Honda's 6 cylinder cars had transmissions that
were all bad. Honda couldn't figure out how to build a 6 cylinder
system that worked.

Nowadays, their 6 cylinder vehicles have VCM--variable cylinder
management. Look THAT one up, and see what a disaster it is. And yet
they keep on building and selling them to ignorant people. More
important, Honda has fully adapted to the 3 year lease model--they just
don't care what happens after that initial sale and the warranty is up.