AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2007 VUE New Tires (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=345471)

[email protected] December 26th 09 01:05 AM

2007 VUE New Tires

I had to be very careful where I took my '99 SW2 for tire replacement
because some tire dealers used too much torque on the wheel nuts and
could damage the brake disks.

Do the '07 VUEs have the same problem?

Thanks in advance,
Howard

Drooler[_2_] December 26th 09 04:20 PM

2007 VUE New Tires

wrote:
> I had to be very careful where I took my '99 SW2 for tire replacement
> because some tire dealers used too much torque on the wheel nuts and
> could damage the brake disks.
>
> Do the '07 VUEs have the same problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Howard

Yes - be careful even at the dealers. I have two dealers I go to - one I
have never had issues with the other the first and ony time time I had
my tires rotated there the front rotors warped. The other dealer trued
them under warranty.

Stewart[_4_] December 31st 09 12:44 AM

2007 VUE New Tires

> wrote in message
> I had to be very careful where I took my '99 SW2 for tire
> replacement
> because some tire dealers used too much torque on the wheel nuts and
> could damage the brake disks.
>
> Do the '07 VUEs have the same problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Howard

this could be a problem for any vehicle.

Megan Zurawicz January 1st 10 01:20 AM

2007 VUE New Tires

The pertinent question---although you may not get a straight answer---is "Do
you use a torque wrench, or do you feel that you simply know from experience
how torqued is "enough"?"

Every time I've heard of mechanics being randomly tested on "I just know",
regardless of their level of experience, they've actually overtorqued pretty
universally.

--pig