AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   finding HOT 12v wire ? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=130033)

Ron March 22nd 07 04:14 PM

finding HOT 12v wire ?

I've got a 2002 honda crv-ex and i took apart the glove box and need
to find a hot 12v wire to tap into to power a fm modulator, how would
i find this? is this just the red wire i see among all the green
yellow black wires?

thanks

Tegger March 22nd 07 05:17 PM

finding HOT 12v wire ?

"Ron" > wrote in news:1174576498.602917.282460
@e1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> I've got a 2002 honda crv-ex and i took apart the glove box and need
> to find a hot 12v wire to tap into to power a fm modulator, how would
> i find this? is this just the red wire i see among all the green
> yellow black wires?

You use a multimeter.

If you do not have a multimeter and are asking this sort of question, you
should NOT be trying to perform this feat. You run a high risk of frying
something expensive.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Seth March 22nd 07 11:31 PM

finding HOT 12v wire ?

"Ron" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I've got a 2002 honda crv-ex and i took apart the glove box and need
> to find a hot 12v wire to tap into to power a fm modulator, how would
> i find this? is this just the red wire i see among all the green
> yellow black wires?

You find it by using a multi-meter. But you don't find it there. Find it
as the fuse panel and run a fresh line to where you need it. Make sure to
put an appropriate sized fuse within 6 inches of where you tap power.