AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Corvette with Boat Trailer (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=58389)

Vette88 March 3rd 06 01:50 AM

Corvette with Boat Trailer

Anyone have a link to a story about someone who had towed a boat on a
trailer and backed in to a boat launch with vette sinking -- I think it was
a yellow C5 coupe ?

Bob I March 3rd 06 03:29 AM

Corvette with Boat Trailer

You could try googling this NG for the link. seems like the subject was
bad day at the lake or some such.

PJ March 3rd 06 06:05 PM

Corvette with Boat Trailer

Vette88 wrote:
> Anyone have a link to a story about someone who had towed a boat on a
> trailer and backed in to a boat launch with vette sinking -- I think it was
> a yellow C5 coupe ?

I believe that it was a video (probably a .wmv file) -- not sure on the
'vette color. Included an Escalade that tried to pull out the 'vette &
and the boat and the Caddy also slipped into the water. If I find
anything will post a link here.

--
…PJ
’89 HookerCar, ’02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe

grayfox March 4th 06 03:36 AM

Corvette with Boat Trailer

Saw a guy drown his boat,trailer and a fully restored 1957 Chevy a few years
ago at the Wantagh Long Island NY boat ramp.watching the boaters at that
launch ramp was the best entertainment of the week end for the people
visiting that park..LOL

Had to send a police scuba diver down to attach a tow hook to the Chevy to
pull the rig out.all you could see was the radio antenna sticking out of the
(salt) water.

BDragon March 4th 06 07:31 AM

Corvette with Boat Trailer

"Vette88" > wrote in message
.. .
> Anyone have a link to a story about someone who had towed a boat on a
> trailer and backed in to a boat launch with vette sinking -- I think it

was
> a yellow C5 coupe ?

This actually happened quite a while back, like more than a year or two ago.
A link to the vid and some pictures was posted in the group then. I'll see
if I can find it, but it was a really long time back. And, yes, it was a
yellow 'Vette. Ended up completely submerged (salt water is correct) and
rendered pretty much useless.