AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   1999 VW Jetta Headlight Problem (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=14554)

dmcleod December 2nd 04 08:25 PM

1999 VW Jetta Headlight Problem

I am having this same problem with my 1998 Jetta. The problem was
intermitten, but now headlights and fog lights wont come on unless you
hold the passing light lever on the steering column. Did u ever fix the
problem on your car. I repaced the headlight switch and problem is still
there. I am thinking headlight drivinglight relay, or parking break
sensor, or ignition switch. any help would be appriciated

Im Lonzo Biznitchez August 6th 18 12:18 PM

1999 VW Jetta Headlight Problem

replying to dmcleod, Im Lonzo Biznitchez wrote:
You probably have a stereo installed that is not original I am guessing? This
is always a very handy thing to add in when talking about wireing behind the
dash with lights that are usually always on with the key.... Just like how one
wants the constant on an aftermarket sound system...this could also be causing
trouble?? If so it was likely cut and spliced. When you pull the high beam
switch it back feeds the wire from another circut.... What was the final
conclusion on this?? Lol 14 yrs later!

--
for full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/vw/1999-...blem-8318-.htm